Props Fully Functional Ammo Counters/Effects Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
D0096F said:
Right, I Know I need a small one for mine, since I have airsoft internals I'm synchronizing to his display taking upall the room.

A perfect example of what I mean. Plus the large circuits won't fit into the magnum, smg, or other small guns.

Looks like I'm just going to mass produce the small ones, they'll still be reasonable priced. I guess I can make a few larger ones for people doing large guns like the AR, BR, ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
xobx said:
How do you play sounds?

Or where do you "store" the sound..

Not sure yet, I haven't worked on the audio circuit at all.

To everyone else, I created another poll to deal with the size of the ammo display LEDs. After making my pep MA5C from Robogenisis's model, I realized it's alot smaller than I thought.

The only two available, non-custom, LEDs are 0.56" or 1" tall. 0.56" is really small, but I think 1" LEDs would be too large. So, what do ya'll think?

Personally I think the 1" would be best just because the 0.56" ones are so darn small.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tim and I am the product engineer for Aspeng.com. I ran across your discussion and would like to extend my help. Aspeng has a lot of experience working with replica sci-fi weapons and has created the electronics for an array of systems:

Custom electronics installed in a Halo 3 MA5C AR:
http://www.eastcoastpropers.com/

Custom electronics installed in a SCAR11
http://www.aspeng.com/Scar11_Rifle.html

Custom electronics for a Judge Dread LawGiver
http://www.aspeng.com/LawGiver.html

These were all created by special request from customers. Some, such as the MA5C received a substantial discount because 7 units were purchased at once.

The designs I use rely heavily on software and minimize the electrical components that can fail and to keep the physical size small. All of the systems are based on a 32MHz processor and are capable of playing any provided *.wav files from a game (You could provide the sound files from halo and these could be used). Sequential/patterned lights as well as muzzle flash is also easily done (See the Law Giver and Smartgun).

If anyone has any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask, fulfilling the specific needs of the replica building community is the whole purpose of the company and any chance for us to create new realities is welcomed.

Thank you,
Tim Shilling
ASPENG

Ok everyone, looks like I'll be going with the 1" LEDs. Thanks for your input.

Parts for the first BR55 are on the way, but we just got 5+ inches of ice here so it's delayed quite a bit. Here's all of the weapons I have circuits for so far, details of each one will follow later.

UNSC:

BR55

MA5C/B

M6C/M6D/M6G

M7 SMG

M90 MkI Shotgun

M90 MkII Shotgun

M90A Shotgun

M6 SPARTAN Laser

SRS99C/D Sniper

Covenant:

Plasma Pistol

Brute/Elite Plasma Rifle

Needler

Carbine

Beam Rifle

Brute Shot

Fuel Rod Cannon

First off, amazing work so far. I know enough of the basics of analog circtuitry to "feel my way around" and it looks awesome so far. My friend and I are going to build a prop BR and most definitely integrate this into it.

However, I have a request. Would it be possible to integrate this into the circuitry of an airsoft gun (high grade, like TM or CA)? I have a basic idea of how it would work, but I have no idea how to wire it. Integrate the wiring of the gun into a PCB, and maybe it could count the rise and fall of current in the circuit as the motor pulled back and released the piston, possibly?

Thanks, Mjolnir Knight

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, I haven't forgotten.

I'm having alot of trouble finding a laserjet printer around here so I can print off the PCB designs to make the first few prototypes.

To Random Marine:

With the sound card...maybe in a month, if everything goes right.

TrintLord said:
What are you using to make the sounds?

Are you just recording the in-game sounds?

To play the sound I'm just using a high quality voice record/playback circuit, like you can find in stuffed animals and whatnot.

I'm not sure about the sounds yet. I'd like to use in-game sounds but I'm fairly certain that would be a no-no since they're part of the game content, which isn't licensed to me for use.

Gokussj5okazu said:
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, I haven't forgotten.

I'm having alot of trouble finding a laserjet printer around here so I can print off the PCB designs to make the first few prototypes.

To Random Marine:

With the sound card...maybe in a month, if everything goes right.

Hey, I've done this before.. let me know if you need some PCBs made! I'm heading to a friend's soon- he has a laserjet printer. Here's what I've done in the past: http://flickr.com/photos/vrogy/sets/72157594527454662/

This is really cool, I used to do some of this stuff with wiring and circuit boards for some robots, but that has long passed my small brain

so anyhow, I emailed the list to my local resistor parts and junk supplier. $40 on getting all the parts.... wth.. am i shopping somewhere stupid?

if i used google to look for a place that ships the parts that you order online what would I look under? i keep getting placed that sell led lighting and big name manufactures ... little help anyone?

Shorion said:
so anyhow, I emailed the list to my local resistor parts and junk supplier. $40 on getting all the parts.... wth.. am i shopping somewhere stupid?

if i used google to look for a place that ships the parts that you order online what would I look under? i keep getting placed that sell led lighting and big name manufactures ... little help anyone?

That's pretty high.

Some good suppliers are Mouser, Jameco, or Digikey. Personally, I'm a Mouser fan, they're reasonably cheap, have virtually every part, and they ship very fast.

Mouser Electronics

Little update, woo!

Anyhow, first, I'm outsourcing some stuff to Vrogy now, so you all can expect the working prototype very soon. :D

Second, I've added the prop section to my store site, AND I added helmet and body light kits. I got a little bored without being able to work on the ammo counters, so I whipped up a bunch of simple helmet/body light kits, and as a plus, they're ready right now.

OkazuMods!

Looking forward to seeing these go into production Gokuss!

Get ready for DragonCon, I'm sure you're going to get slammed with orders for it!

How big is the whole ammo counter for the battle rifle?, cause I want to know that I can fit it in to my gun before I buy the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back