Fun with Mcfarlane Figures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what? I don't get any points for guessing it right? Anyway, though I'd show off the skelenton of my new project even if it is a double post.. Essentially it's going to be a very very large forerunner/halo diarama. I'm kind of broke atm, so for my weekend I went into the garage, gathered up the wood, grabbed a few cans of different shades of grey spray paint and went to work.. Keep in mind that these two structures are just the bones of what the project will eventually be, there is a lot of mudding to be done to make it more symetrical and less choppy and woodlike, plus to add details and some forerunner patterns. Also I need to run some mini wires and take some chunks out of the walls for battle effects, plus add a few walls (mainly around the top lookout area) for cover.. But the idea is there, and the main points of the structure are there, plus a temporary coat of paint until I get the mud down.. Anyway, enjoy

downsized_0922082305.jpg

downsized_0922082304a.jpg

0922082304b.jpg

0922082304.jpg

downsized_0922082310.jpg

Suggestions are also welcome (preferably with paint highlighting the areas for suggestion), although please refrain from commenting on the ramp which twists around the tower, it is a very very rough idea of what will eventually be there and is more of a placeholder then anything else. Also I intend to work a blue LED system into the interior, and probably under some of the ramps to give a blueish glow to the entire thing

edit: and yes I know the smaller one is a glorified wine box, but I ran out of wood, trust me, I don't plan on keeping it looking like a grey shoebox, comments on the larger ones are more appreciated since the small one is, as said before.. a box with a hole

Dude thats alot and where did you find the white spartan My girl wants one hella bad but none of the gamestops or gamecrazy got any of them.
I also have the CQB Spartan from Gamestop and the drone which I hate cause it doesnt fit on the stand for it oh and the hog
but hes her jackal hitting on Cortana
100_2934.jpg

Kinda like Dino Riders, but WAY more Epic. Epic Brute Mounts ATTACK!

Picture-1.jpg

Afterwards the Cheif and Arbiter rode into the sunset atop their noble steeds.

The End.

Just to let people know.
Series 3 is out.
Saw them at walmart but all but 1 was left.
The had a whole shelf for it. All but a series 2 ODST was left.

baileyboys said:
Just to let people know.
Series 3 is out.
Saw them at walmart but all but 1 was left.
The had a whole shelf for it. All but a series 2 ODST was left.
yep, I've got the Steel EOD, the Flood Combat, the War Chieftain, and the Jackal Major today.
Just a warning to all you, the SMG is near impossible to fit in the Hand, and the peg hole is conveniently fit in right at the top of the handle, so it will be easy to break off. So Be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha im 13 and thought i was to old to buy these, so i didnt
you just made my confidence in buying some go up alot haha
(if in any way that offended you.... uhh.. im sorry? lol)

Spartan 061 said:
I found it easy to put the gun in.
hmm, maybe it's just my horrible luck with these figures.

Series 1: Brute Chieftain had 2 right legs.

Series 2: Brute Stalker had the wrists paint-glued, so when I tried to twist the wrist, it just tore off.

Series 3: Same wrist problem with War Chieftain. Steel EOD had the right thigh's molding messed up.

So yeah, maybe it's just me.

My Series 3 case comes on Thursday, no exclusives except the Violet CQB. Ill post another fun pic.

I have Series 2 Transworld exclusive Gold Spartan to trade for any other exclusives.

The only joint problems i ran across was my Red CQB and Master Chief 2 both had frozen wrists.

I've got the full blue Elite and the Gamestop Exclusive EOD, and I'm getting the two Matchmaking Elites tomorrow or next week.

I live near every freaking McFarlane stocker in the area. Yet the only Brute War Chieftain around had glued joints when I opened him, so he literally couldn't move with the exception of his head.

So I returned him and got the EOD instead.

I've come across a lot with "frozen" bits that wound up being broken bits, really frustrating. I have a system for repairing it, but do it at your own risk, it is potentially dangerous.. I take the two snapped pieces, heat up a needle, drive it through into one end of the broken appendage, let it cool down, cut off all but a very small piece of whats sticking out, head it up (be careful not to burn the plastic and create toxic fumes) and force the other end onto it. Works pretty well.. just don't stick yourself with a needle or fill your lungs with burning plastic.

Anyway time for an update I figure
Rvb cast plus my favorite custom figure
CIMG2115.jpg

CIMG2116.jpg

CIMG2114.jpg

CIMG2101.jpg

and tucker/church run into a new group of wyomings.. (these are actually just figures waiting to be custom painted as I sell them, I didn't actually buy them just to have 20 wyomings, that would be dumb)

CIMG2109.jpg

CIMG2112.jpg

and some covies, since I havn't really posted them before

CIMG2096.jpg

and I'm officially broke now ^^ otherwise there would be some series 3 pics.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I've got the full blue Elite and the Gamestop Exclusive EOD, and I'm getting the two Matchmaking Elites tomorrow or next week.

I live near every freaking McFarlane stocker in the area. Yet the only Brute War Chieftain around had glued joints when I opened him, so he literally couldn't move with the exception of his head.

So I returned him and got the EOD instead.
I found that if you put the blunt end of a butter knife against the actual wrist area, push there, It breaks loose, but you have to do it in all directions, ad then it's still sticky, so I just put a drop of lubricating oil in the joint area and repeat the knife trick, then it's all fixed up.

volkov: Ohh, lots of colors... Great paint jobs! All the white figs with the flash reflecting off the visors have a really cool effect.

I just noticed, where's Caboose?

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
just noticed, where's Caboose?

being caboose he obviously was taking a nap... Actually I just forgot him.. which really annoys me because now I have to do it again, but I think I'll wait until I've painted lopez and washington first... unfortunately I've weathered my RVB figures now though... I wanted to get a picture of the whole squad before.. oh well :oops:

and btw... tex doesn't look that bad IRL.. I dunno why those pictures came out so wierd.. I just painted her armor black and pretty much nothing else.. but those pictures look kind of crazy.. On the other hand simmons did actually look that bad, I only had one coat of base paint on him at the time.. he looks good now

Spawn Camp3r said:
Hey, I don't know about you guys but I think some one should make a scale pep vehicle for these guys!

Im thinking about doing a Warthog body for my RC car and putting them in there.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
Im thinking about doing a Warthog body for my RC car and putting them in there.

I just had that thought the other day. Have to find an RC the right size and build the pep warthog body for it.

basically its my halo "shrine" so to speak. from the 3 Kubrick boxes (variants clear, white and pink) to the newest Hyabusa and sniper master chief in green to the halo special magnet and the box for the legendary edition in the background.
2914350388_4ac681cefe.jpg

2914357578_2742d25d02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back