Gabe falk's MK VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always glue some of your cardstock to back side parts of the chest, on the flimsy parts to to help keep it from warping, I have done this to a few of my armor parts I have resined with good results

and also I was thinking of getting some craft sticks. would that help to keep it stable while resining?

and also I was thinking of getting some craft sticks. would that help to keep it stable while resining?

Yes that does work, I used some on my chest piece helped out alot but it seems like the doubled up paper parts didn't warp at all so I usually double up weak areas rather then using craft sticks now, but where I used craft sticks it stayed straight but curved inwards between the sticks, but this only happened in large areas, wish I wasn't so lazy, I would make thread on my build but im to lazy to take pics

OK, I rescaled the thigh and it looks a lot better.
001-1.jpg

Heres the size difference, if you can tell.
002-1.jpg

and quick question, do you think I should re-scale the forearms. cause its fine length wise, but its very wide.
003-1.jpg

Attachments

• 001-1.jpg
    001-1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 002-1.jpg
    002-1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 003-1.jpg
    003-1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 199
I'd to the thighs smaller. A lot smaller. They're supposed to come up to just below your hip, not up to your waist. I fear that those will interfere with the belt/COD. Plus, flexibility is going to be significantly reduced. I had thighs that size on my first set of armor, and it was a disaster.

However, the forearm is perfect. Master Chief had forearm like Popeye, so they're going to be pretty wide. My forearms are scaled the same way.

yes, but I am still growing. And that shirt was pretty baggy, so it looks like its above my hip. but really its only about 5cm above my hip and I will grow into it.
But you have finished a suit, so do you still think I should re-scale it?

ummmmm, ill try. School takes up the majority of my time. but hey.. spartans need to learn too lol.

and also, Ive decided to re-do some armor parts now that I have some heavier cardstock. Im going to redo the shoulders chestpiece and codpiece. I do want to mix things up a little though. right now, im sticking with the rogue helmet. but if you have any cool halo 3 armor ideas post them here.
Right now I have planned, scout shoulders, rougue helmet and mark VI chest.

yes, but I am still growing. And that shirt was pretty baggy, so it looks like its above my hip. but really its only about 5cm above my hip and I will grow into it.
But you have finished a suit, so do you still think I should re-scale it?

I agree with hickeydog, I think the thighs are a bit too large. It's not just a matter of whether the outer sides come up to your hip, but you also have to consider if the inner pieces will chaffe and be uncomfortable when walking, and if they will interfere with the codpiece.

Having to remake pieces sucks though, so it's up to you! If you think you can get away with them the way they are, then there's no sense wasting material and time on a new set. Other than that, looking good, keep it up!

I thought about it for a while and ill make them smaller. but im gonna work on other pieces for the time being. I want to do scout shoulders, and im gonna re-do the chestpiece cause I could have done a better job on that.

for instance, an update!
I used the most HD rebrace I could find. heres what it looks like with out the scout shoulder attatchment.
003-2.jpg

004.jpg

I think I made it a little too big.
005.jpg

And the scout attachment
001-2.jpg

front view
002-3.jpg

side view
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n505/spartan1995/003-3.jpg[/IMG
both finished arms
[ATTACH=full]127172[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 003-2.jpg
    003-2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 177
  • 002-3.jpg
    002-3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 001-2.jpg
    001-2.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 181
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Gabeshaloarmor001-1.jpg
    Gabeshaloarmor001-1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Gabeshaloarmor001-1.jpg
    Gabeshaloarmor001-1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 143
Hey guys, I havnt posted in a while cause my computer isnt working. and I probably wont get another one until I move out for college. (since im only 15, and my parents dont see the point in owning a computer) However I will try my best to keep you updated.

Another note is that im going to stop my MKVI progress. the armor parts are difficult to scale. If you read my introduction post I originally was making a MKV suit. And I want to go back to that.
Personally I like the MKV better anyway. In the books they make the MKv sound really BA. they could run faster and were stronger. (regardless of the augmentations they already had) And I think the MKVI is kinda flashy, And I never really like the armor design anyway. (except for the helmet)

Anyway, back on track. Should I start a new thread for the MKV, or keep posting here?

you have a point, and I have put a lot of work into that and I really dont want to just throw it away. my chestpiece is in shambles right now and I really dont want to re-do it cause it took me a week to make it. do you think I should re-do it with the low-def one?

I might as well finish it, im almost done with pep anyway. I dont want to stop now. Im down to the shins.

Hey guys, it's been a loooooooooong time. Im sorry to bail like that, but I didn't have computer access for a while. I didn't give up on my armor, I still have most of it in the garage waiting to be finished, and I will this summer. With finals around the corner I dont have time to work on it, but I do plan to finish it this summer. I will post pictures soon, thanks for being patient with me. And everybody's armor looks great, I left for a while and it's so cool to see that people are still making armor.

Hey guys, it's been a loooooooooong time. Im sorry to bail like that, but I didn't have computer access for a while. I didn't give up on my armor, I still have most of it in the garage waiting to be finished, and I will this summer. With finals around the corner I dont have time to work on it, but I do plan to finish it this summer. I will post pictures soon, thanks for being patient with me. And everybody's armor looks great, I left for a while and it's so cool to see that people are still making armor.

good luck with the finals. the armour can wait, but your education should come first. we'll all be waiting patiently until you return to finish this suit off. it's coming together really well so far...

Never give up. When you get the time finish it, It will help you to learn all the in's on out's in this craft by doing it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back