Gallery images watermarked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubal

Hey

I have a question for the administrators of this board.

I noticed that the images that you guys are hosting for us have been "watermarked"
that is a 405th logo has been stuck in the bottom corner of each one

what is the reasoning behind this?

on a few of my pics, the watermark does obscure the image some.

also the watermark, at least to me, seems to imply ownership or creation.

I do appreciate that these galleries are a place to keep halo images together, and I appreciate that the service is offered for free.

if all images hosted here from henceforth will be watermarked that will be no prob for me,
I will however host my images elsewhere

thanks,
=Jubal=

The recent number of ebay frauds led Adam to watermark the gallery. People were taking the images from the gallery and posting them as 'their' armor pics in fake auctions.

Ruze789 said:
The recent number of ebay frauds led Adam to watermark the gallery. People were taking the images from the gallery and posting them as 'their' armor pics in fake auctions.

thanks for the response Ruze789
hmmm makes sense, unfortunate for reference shots, but I understand the reasoning

not entirely sure how the image being watermarked stops the fraud, I guess if the buyer is the inquisitive type they can try to contact the maker of the armor on our board after figuring what gallery the image is hosted in...

are we able to opt out of getting a gallery watermarked?

=Jubal=

Last edited by a moderator:
sucks that these guys are having a negative effect on us... even if its a minor one, its irritating that those thiefs can steal money and limit our pictures, I guess if you want them non water-marked you could always pm the creator and get the pic that way for reference.

Unfortunately this is absolutely necessary. Go look at the fake autions.... they're pulling the images right from our site...

For people who don't know the source of various armors, they have no way to know if a particular auction is real or not.... at least this will give them a chance to check with us first..

Sean Bradley said:
Unfortunately this is absolutely necessary. Go look at the fake autions.... they're pulling the images right from our site...

For people who don't know the source of various armors, they have no way to know if a particular auction is real or not.... at least this will give them a chance to check with us first..

I understand and respect this decision, I will be removing my reference pictures from the games from these galleries and moving them to photobucket to preserve them.

my pictures are not of fan created armor anyhow, so my pics will not be able to to be used for fraud auctions

=Jubal=

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back