Props Garland's Weapon Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
H3 shotgun beta model

I've still got some detail work to do, but I thought I should get some feedback in case there's anything that needs fixing.

One thing to note is that this is a very unfriendly weapon to pep. I did my best to make a functioning slide (please excuse my lack of the correct technical term), but when you build it you will need to trim the top so that it will slide back the whole way. If you don't understand what I mean, you will when you build it. I also saw no simple way to do anything with the barrel, so you're on your own there.

One feature I built in that I hope you like is the removable stock. I read it on Halopedia and though it would simplify building it, among other things.

I also must admit that this was by far the hardest weapon to get even close to looking right.

Just took a quick look at it. I like how you did the slide. I think it will work very well for most. Of course some folks are never happy. Good job Garland.

also I think you should make a floating edge that has ribs cut in it, kind of like what you have on the pump action but inverted. Also a flashlight would be nice, and a shell injector too (the part you stuff shells into while reloading)

I'll upload a new model before unfolding. I already added the shell injector, as well as smoothing out that section of the gun (it really needed it), as well as adding the power button type things on the slide. I wasn't sure about the flashlight, but I'll go ahead and do it now.

For the ribs, I could do that, but would you like it better if the ribs were integrated into the gun? I could adjust the unfolding so that if you don't want the ribs, just don't print the last page. I think trying to make the ribs floating face indents would lead to a lot of problems and warping.

Okay that idea is better than mine, I'm assuming that you mean integrate them and then if don't want them don't cut out the wholes for them right.

Wow. I really like the MA5K work.

Garland, do you think you could ever model the CMT MA5K?

I don't think Masters1337 would release their 3d model.

Shotokan_XII_XVI said:
Wow. I really like the MA5K work.

Garland, do you think you could ever model the CMT MA5K?

I don't think Masters1337 would release their 3d model.

NECRO!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
box o crayons said:
a necro means you brought back a thread from long ago that has long since died
I see...

Oh well, still great work.

My quest for the elusive MA5K continues...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can necro my own thread, right?

Well, it certainly has been a while since I was active on this site. I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up with stuff, like the shotgun and the MA5K; I've been really busy the last few months. I hope to be able to pick those projects back up in the coming weeks. For now though, I've got a little surprise for you: Legendary Shield and Knives.

Legendary_stuff.jpg

The shield is just a template so that you can layer cardboard or MDF or whatever you like to use. There are two knives; one I tried to scale to the shield, and the other I scaled to the size on Halopedia. I went ahead and did the pre-Xbox machete too because it wasn't much work. There's is also a template for just the blade, so you can trace it onto metal and have a real knife if you want.

Let me know what you think; it's been so long that I had to re-learn how to use my modeling program.

Edit: looking back at it I realised the paper is setup for A4. The Letter version is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back