Gear Status Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
I have seen people using an image sorta like this one and I have the link but I decided to do something a lil different. Here is one that most look like...

color%20code.jpg

Now if you are familiar with Photoshop or some other Photo Editor than you can use the following images to create your own status. Here are the images and then an example....

Mark VI (First Helmet)
No Status - Planning Phase:
None.jpg

Pepped Phase:
Pepped.jpg

Resined Phase:
Resined.jpg

Glass Bondo Phase:
Glass_Bondo.jpg

Painted Phase:
Painted.jpg

Finished Phase:
Finished.jpg

Example:
Example.jpg

Feel free to use these images. You will need to put the images that apply to your status over the None image and create a mask for each image and just paint over the the portions that do not apply for that image. You can also just erase the portions that do not apply, I use mask so if I make a mistake it is easy to fix. I can make some for Members if they don't have time or a way. I can also write a lil tut. Just something simple made on my spare time. Let me know what you think.

Ithica

If someone knows how to create one that would be awesome....I only know enough to get me into trouble....lol. Thanks for the positive feedback. It is a bit big but resizing is an easy fix.

Ithica

I dont ever see the link posted so if you want it send me a pm...I did alot of looking for it..lol. Got it now.

Ithica

Ithica said:
I dont ever see the link posted so if you want it send me a pm...I did alot of looking for it..lol. Got it now.

Ithica

I've seen those too! Where did you find it? Can you PM a link?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ithica said:
If someone knows how to create one that would be awesome....I only know enough to get me into trouble....lol. Thanks for the positive feedback. It is a bit big but resizing is an easy fix.

Ithica

to be honest you would use the same kind of scripting that is used for the current armor counter that everyone is using at the moment. It'd just be a better graphical one than the other one, i suggest maybe getting in contact with the person that made the armor progression image creator that were using now, and throwing this idea ahead to him :p

that's my 2 bob's worth :) an awesome idea though non then less, i'd use it

Ithica said:
Great Idea, I messaged Rednapx so lets see if he replies. I hope so.

Ithica

i'd say so, it'd also give people the opertunity to choose whether or not they want a simple armor progression image or a spiffy awesome looking one. Then again it also gives people the option to put the bigger one in their profile or in their thread, so others have a larger image of their progression rather than a smaller image in their signature. Or they could use both :p

this is pretty awesome, I love your concept using the figure, I took a few pictures of my EOD figure for the same purpose, but I actually ended up doing a Vector (still in the process of it) of it and i'm going to do a very similar thing with it. :p

but I like this alot better. we'll see what happens. :) thanks for the inspiration.

Looks amazing man :)

Here, i've made a little draft and of course it can be done!

http://heavenofanime.org/maker/draft/

i just need to finish a little work i have in hands so, i think it can be done in a day or two (at my normal work rate).

Awesome idea man :) just wait a bit and you will see something finished soon, if you have more ideas you can post 'em :)

dang it, it wont let me put it in my Sig. some thing about the type, or the URL ,or some thing lame like that

i see that, but i have to use a URL and i used photo bucket for a host and theres an error or some thing. i have that pic and a modded one that i made

Absolutely amazon. I can not wait til it is finished. Great job implimenting them. I will deff have to post a link on my site and forum. I will let you know if I think of anything else. Thanks Bro.

Ithica

p.s. The image was photographed by Ed Speir IV here is the link to the original image... McFarlane Halo 3 Series 2 - Pink Mark VI Spartan 01 . I have written permission from Ed to edit the image and use it for the Gear Status.

Rednapx said:
Looks amazing man :)

Here, i've made a little draft and of course it can be done!

http://heavenofanime.org/maker/draft/

i just need to finish a little work i have in hands so, i think it can be done in a day or two (at my normal work rate).

Awesome idea man :) just wait a bit and you will see something finished soon, if you have more ideas you can post 'em :)

rvb18 said:
i see that, but i have to use a URL and i used photo bucket for a host and theres an error or some thing. i have that pic and a modded one that i made
He posted the link you will need to use below the image.

I like the idea. It would probally be a lot of work, but how about having one for the different permutations?

If you have an example of what you mean I'm sure it can be done. Are you refering to diff types of armor?

Ithica

Ithica said:
If you have an example of what you mean I'm sure it can be done. Are you refering to diff types of armor?

Ithica

Yeah, I'm referring to the different types, such as the Hayabusa, Scout, ODST, etc. I'm building the Busa at the moment, and I think it would look better having a picture representative of the model I'm doing.

Here's a few pics from Ed Speir IV's photostream that might be good.. This is just a quick look through.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25335276@N02/...57604443181993/ EVA
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25335276@N02/...57604443181993/ CBQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25335276@N02/...57604443181993/ EOD

etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back