CHEST PIECE

resined at front

[attachment=11168:SDC10959.JPG]

before i resined the back

[attachment=11169:SDC10878.JPG]

the second coat of resin and first coat on back

[attachment=11170:SDC10965.JPG]

[attachment=11172:SDC10957.JPG]

i filled it with newspaper to keep it's shape i am leaving for 1 week and hopefully if will stay slitghly un warped in the breast piece

[attachment=11173:SDC10967.JPG]

THANKS GO TO FLYINGSQUIRL FOR A MASTER PIECE OF PEPAKURA ARMOR

so that'll be it for now all constructive critism welcome .from GiR3892 to you

cheers

Holly smokes thats awesome detail, really good work my friend. Just one thing make sure to have a good layer of resin over the masking tape. otherwise on the sanding stage if u touch the tape u will make a sticky mess :p, it happened to me on my helm and i will never leave pieces of masking tape where im gonna sand it, even if u have bondo over it sometimes u go all the way to the resin and could sand the tape.

thx heaps the tape is only temporary on the really detailed peices where i either got frustrated or ran out of super glue pretty much all of it though is rocksolid

GiR3892 said:
Hey there 405thers names GiR3892 or AIEX CHIEF as my xbox live gamertag .I've been here for about 2 years and going and i finlly got a camera (yay for me), ive been working on this suit on and off (due to working and space) for about 1 year just for fun and for future events but for now it's just for showing off downtown lol anyways i will be postings pic's probibly every 2 days maybe or less depending on how many people are interested in this topic :D ill do it item by item to save confusion

CHEST PIECE

resined at front

[attachment=11168:SDC10959.JPG]

before i resined the back

[attachment=11169:SDC10878.JPG]

the second coat of resin and first coat on back

[attachment=11170:SDC10965.JPG]

[attachment=11172:SDC10957.JPG]

i filled it with newspaper to keep it's shape i am leaving for 1 week and hopefully if will stay slitghly un warped in the breast piece

[attachment=11173:SDC10967.JPG]

THANKS GO TO FLYINGSQUIRL FOR A MASTER PIECE OF PEPAKURA ARMOR

so that'll be it for now all constructive critism welcome .from GiR3892 to you

cheers

very nice.keep up the good work,and get that puppy done. i wanna see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey again i got bored so i thought i would post more pics to entice everyone

ill show you my right arm piece

i made from kids shin pads for $2 to go inside the piece

the bottom just experimenting with sand paper

[attachment=11176:SDC10889.JPG]

ENJOY!!! :D

ok guys sorry but i can only 1 pic till i fix my upload limit thing (not sure that i can )but theres still solutions so you will probibly have to click the link sorry guys once again i have to downsize the photo's memory anyways here's atleast one of em the rest you could see at my

photobucket page

[attachment=11209:SDC10886.JPG]

this is my left forearm pepped and ready for resin when i get some more

my gallery

p.s sorry once again still getting the hang of it

Gday again guy update update update anyways i think i'll still update this thread even though there is less interest than i expected so it took 4 days to pep but i finally got a chance to resin and fiberglass so it's in the link here

>>>gir3892's photobucket<<<

enjoy!!1

Hey there again guys i have fixed my picture uploading delema thanks to mjolnir follower .thanks mate anywho i have an update guess what MY HELMET!! curtisy to flyingquirl yet again for a master piece it took 4 days to make but was very worth it i have actually done alot of work it just finished in the glassed stage but ill do a previous summary ok here we go

as you can see this is the jaw and i had also assembled the top and was in the middle of the back

SDC10993.JPG

the top (slight warped no problem)

SDC10996.JPG

connecting the top and back (sorry blurry photo due to shaky hands 0_o) the excitement of gettin it done

SDC10997.JPG

the finished pepped product

SDC11004.JPG

resined stage: sorry again shaky hands

SDC11017.JPG

fiberglassed stage:

SDC11042.JPG

TADA i can post more pics if you wish oh and also i set the hieght to be 265mm = 26.5 cm i am a 6ft 1 tall person fitperfectly the amount of head room 2.5 - 3 cm there you have it ENJOY!

Very nice. Love the way you "buckled" the boots. What kind of foam is that in the gauntlets? I looks like that firm kind. Anyways good job and good luck finishing.

Major Pain said:
Very nice. Love the way you "buckled" the boots. What kind of foam is that in the gauntlets? I looks like that firm kind. Anyways good job and good luck finishing.

thanks major pain did you mean this one

SDC10891.JPG

if you are talking about this one then it look like something similar the craft foam , i don't really know much it .it was already in when i bought them but i can tell you it fits nicely on my arm

Yeah, it looked a little like foamies. Thats what i line most of my armor in. So how the rest of the build going? I really like it when people step it up and go for the HD models. They are such a gift. I remember my first suit a couple of years ago was butt compared to whats available now. This was before the flying squirrel Halo 3 models. You had to use a ton of bondo and cardboard to build up. Anyways, keep us posted bro.

Major Pain said:
Yeah, it looked a little like foamies. Thats what i line most of my armor in. So how the rest of the build going? I really like it when people step it up and go for the HD models. They are such a gift. I remember my first suit a couple of years ago was butt compared to whats available now. This was before the flying squirrel Halo 3 models. You had to use a ton of bondo and cardboard to build up. Anyways, keep us posted bro.

Yes flying quirl is a real miracle as well as the rest of the crew (sorry i didn't name you ) um lol yeh i'll show you a picture of my first helmet i call it "the dud helm" because well i was scepticle about resin and fiberglass but ive steped up a notch and started doing so

well anyway "the dud helm" is made from pepakura then coated in just exterior pva glue and then i plasters the heck out of it well here's some lame pics i took for you guys in my "kfc" jacket hahahaha yes that my "income" at the moment

SDC10925.JPG

noobish huh well my second will be a master piece anyways update well not really much at the moment i have to wait untill friday afternoon until i go to my dads (my workshop) :pbut i did buy :

clear topcoat acrylic lacquer (for a sealent for when moulding)

body filler with hardener

and BUBBLEGUM (just for the hell of it) sorry that about it for now i will definatly update either sunday night or monday morning

ok guys thats it for now Gir3892 out

Wow is it me or is that bucket huge!? I will say that it is pretty smooth though. Anyways, good luck again and way to upgrade.

lol yeh it's about an inch thick it's inside is mainly expanda foam with a kids helmet cut in half then added nails to so i could couple it to my head and as you can tell with my redish face gets quite hot in that thing even without a visor as for the smoothness well yeh it's probibly about 10 hours of sanding the crap out of it and getting no where lol but it's a memory i wish to keep

Hey guys if have an update on the helmet i recently fiberglassed it and i got a chance to bondo it this weekend which was good i put a good 1 and a half days into it and it turned out awesome it's not finished but it is probibly about 60% done all up

i have also glassed the chest piece and for some reason i did not take photo's (lazyness i think) but it is only half glassed because i ran out of catalyst thanks to cold weather well anyways here is the pictures on the bondoed helmet ENJOY!!!

this is my first EPIC FAIL batch but i have mastered it the second time (thank god i didn't waste much)

obviously i did not put as much hardener in as i should have and so i had to scrape it off after 2 hours of waiting

SDC11173.JPG

now the yellow stuff is a special combination of mine it is interior pva glue (extra strong pva) mixed with gyprock powder (what your walls are made of) so there for some reason it turns yellow and is extremely tough to sand put really good for filling cracks

SDC11172.JPG

looks like cake frosting :p

SDC11171.JPG

SDC11174.JPG

second layer of bondo

SDC11176.JPG

and then after refining most of the helmet it was very smooth after rubbing 180 grit sand paper over the top of it

this has a layer of just normal plaster/gyrock powder (similar stuff) to fill in all the deep sanded areas and to rise some parts and it really did help alot in the process because it is really easy to sand off and re plaster (if there are mistake)

but the top was still drying (sorry for the lighting)

SDC11190.JPG

as you can tell how smooth it turns out

SDC11189.JPG

and then i did the other side yesterday

SDC11193.JPG

and before i do the plaster coat to fill in every gap i make sure i mark every defect with a black marker on the item

on the left side there was approx 30 - 40 defects and on the right side there was only 20- 30 and after the plaster was done on the right side there was about 3 so it makes a major difference and it's incredibly strong

well thats it until next week if you have any questions please feel free to ask on this thread on pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back