Girls, it's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent :3

I actually started working on a hand-made template for a chestpiece myself, and one for the bf about a week ago (We always go to Gamestop midnight releases, so why not dress up finally for a game we both enjoy?). I feel like it's a little easier for me, and I can just create the templates from direct body measurements with reference pictures.

The boot/leg pieces are really going to come in handy, though. Also, looking at your model of the chestpiece here might help if I have any difficulties with mine.

Great work and input from everyone!

i really like your work... im not trying to offend you or anything but could you get the two strap pieces a little more detailed... if not its fine... it just looks a little bulky (like one continuous shape rather then two separate straps) but other than that it looks really good... i have a question are you going to make those canisters also? like the little cylinder containers and other pouches that are on her?
Dude, if I had the ability to do it, I SOOO would, but I can't. Sorry. As for the pouches and stuff, yes, I will be including them with the belt.

ya thats what i thought when you said you couldn't go that detailed but then the template idea sounds good though because then we can add that detail in ourselves... great job so far though and i cant wait to see it... and about the pouches... good choice.... but ya i would try to do what she said earlier ( cant remember her name right now sorry) by building it in 3 pieces then you could edit the strap pieces better... hope i helped in someway or im just rambling... if so sorry

Ok I'm new to this forum and stuff and just started making some halo armor..but this is awesome. I will have to try this next :D

Don't know how far you've gotten on this Pony but I have already merged all the random geometry and I am about to add some detail. Do you guys want a High Def and a Low Def (this basic version)??

GearsGirlArmor.png

Oh snap!!

You should seperate the feet and shin areas as well as making the knees seperate and it should be ready for the detail work!

Been "playing around" with the file all day. here are some progression shots

Original Low Def Chest
252365_1816167201239_1151861815_31657671_4434768_n.jpg

Added some detail to the front of model, and insets to the shoulder strap for lights
246802_1815849313292_1151861815_31657271_379162_n.jpg

Added some detail to the back of model. Added removable "grating" so that the model can have detail under it when done.
247228_1815976316467_1151861815_31657404_2912399_n.jpg

fixed grill to correct number of holes
255575_1816067118737_1151861815_31657604_780714_n.jpg

added "pipes" to shoulder area
246679_1816145160688_1151861815_31657655_5394652_n.jpg

I will keep working on this if anyone has any more suggestions.

as i see the progress your making dude my jaw gets lower and lower into the floor, cant wait for these got 110 to get three sets of armour and weapons ready, arrrrrrrrgggghhh!!!!!

Aw mate, bloody fantastic work! Love it!

While many of you are aiming for September, my mate and I are aiming for end of July for a con so EEEK! :p

Thank you so much!!

Thankk youuu :D

I'm soo pumped up now :D i noticed Sam's armor is a little bit different from Anya's. Is it possible to make the shoulder pads and the arm guards for Sam?

I would definitely love it if someone could model and unfold Queen Myrrah's Armor! I would love to do that, and decent detailed cog armour. That would be greatly appreciated!

OMG! LOVING THIS SOOO MUCH! It's perfect! If someone could unfold this soon I would be soooo grateful! I'm working on the undergarment atm. Got a corset, vest with Stroud printed on it and COG logo :p tags and leather trousers, all I need are the pep files! I'm counting on you guys! X

Right, seeing as no one has done any unwrapping since january I am currently attempting it. I've never done an unwrap before but it seems like a normal UV Unwrap on 3DS Max which I am familiar with so I'll give it a go!
The model I got from Jakkrit and it's a high poly model of the chest. If anyone makes a 3D model of any of the other parts I will happily unwrap them :D

EDIT: This is waaay too hard for a newbie. The model has vertexes everywhere and has a horrible mesh flow. Sorry, I have failed you all... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back