Goblin Slayer, MK I


OTSDerpy

Active Member
After acquiring some chaps from my closet, I traced the the design onto the poster board, then onto bedsheets and finally loose stitched the 1st draft.
IMG_20210304_204121877.jpg IMG_20210304_204204376.jpg IMG_20210304_204210980.jpg

Amazingly, it was an astounding success! Very loose, had no problems moving about. Had to cut the tab on top a bit because it was too long, but that's an easy fix on the draft.
IMG_20210313_153806780.jpg

The problem stems with me getting the same fabric. Apparently they don't sell the same one I used for the shirt before, so instead I got this.
IMG_20210322_150159988.jpg

Looks roughly the same, acts roughly the same, has the same stretchiness properties. Will cut out the chaps onto this in a couple of weeks. Gonna be busy with a few things.
 

OTSDerpy

Active Member
Okay, so I managed to FIANLLY get the chaps done, but it was ALL on video. AND i don't know how to upload them on here, so here's some sucky drawings to makes things easier to understand; because if I were to explain this by words alone, even I wouldn't understand what I would be talking about.

So, let's get the EASY parts out of the way:
After getting the straight pieces sewn together, Left side, right side, ankle-cuff thing, and joining the two sides, that left the curve and trying to figure out how to get the string in.

What I did was I cut the corner diagonally to make managing the folding a bit easier. Then sewed it top, right, and across.
Step 07.png Step 08.png Step 09.png

I then used this Nylon string to determine the top of the "Pants Entrance." After having SO MUCH allowance, I used it to match the same length as the bottom piece.
step 11.png

The reason for the string was because of how stretchy this fabric was and I wasn't sure if this would be tight enough to stay on. So after realizing that, I made it into a concept of having it act as like some sort of sweatpants. Before sewing the two ends together, I cut the edges and sewn it only PARTLY. leaving a hole for the string to come out.
step 12.png

After that, The process was complete. This was a LOT easier said than done. Had some scares where I thought I sewed some parts inside out from the other leg, but turns out the leg was JUST inside out; sewed everything the right way... -ish. Were there things where I could've done this a BIT cleaner? Yes. But... this would've been covered up by a lot of things and this was my first attempt of sewing something like this. Now I can work on armor again.

Cloths.png
 
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Top