Props Goku's Electronic Props

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gokussj5okazu

NOTE: MA5C, MA5B, and BR55 ammo counters are now for sale so...yeah, PM me if ya want one.

Ok, I've been meaning to start this for a few weeks, but I got distracted with Robo's new biceps, so here goes. :D

Here I shall keep a list of all of the electronic props I have designed for virtually everything. I will also take any requests ya'll might have. Also feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Ammo Counters

Alright, here is a list of all of the ammo counter based circuits I've made. By that, I mean the circuits that I originally had designed just as ammo counter, but escalated to more than that. lol I have alot more than this designed, but these are closest to being readily available.

BR55 Ammo Counter/Effects Module
Features:<ul>[*]36 Ammo Count[*]3 Burst[*]Muzzle Flash[*]Additional LED Expansion[/list]Main Board
Counter Board
Display Board

MA5B Ammo Counter/Effects Module
Features:<ul>[*]60 Ammo Count[*]Muzzle Flash[*]Additional LED Expansion[/list]MA5C Ammo Counter/Effects Module
Features:<ul>[*]32 Ammo Count[*]Muzzle Flash[*]Additional LED Expansion[/list]Automatic Fan Control

This is a very simple design I came up with using only 4 parts. Any fans hooked up to this circuit will automatically increase or decrease in speed based on temperature in your helmet. No need for fans in 60* weather, right? At 85*, the fans will be at full speed, and completely off at approximately 65*.

3 Fan 9v Control
Features:<ul>[*]Automatic Speed Adjustment[*]Manual Control Available[*]Up to 3 Fans[/list]Automatic Lighting Control

Another very simple design. Simple mount the light-sensing photo-resistor(3mm) in the top of your helmet, and connect the LEDs. If you enter a dark room, the lights will automatically come on. Step outside, and they go off.

Automatic LED Control
Features:<ul>[*]On or Off, No Dimming[*]Manual Control Available[*]Up to 100 LEDs[/list]Additional Projects/Ideas

Here's several other ideas I'm working on that are not yet completed. Thanks everyone who submitted these ideas in my other topic. If anyone has anymore ideas, feel free to let me know. :D

Wireless Headset / COM
Features:<ul>[*]Wireless Headset[*]Loudspeakers in Backpack[*]3' Range from Helmet to Backpack[*]300 Meter Range to Other Spartans[/list]Opaque HUD
Features:<ul>[*]See-Through LCD Screen as HUD[/list]Note: I really don't know what could be displayed on here yet. I few ideas I've had include ammo count from the BR55/MA5C, armor/outside temperature, COM status, ect. I could really use some more ideas for this one though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthijs said:
Cool, only it's really expensive :p

So far, ya. Fortunately though, those are the 3 most expensive. All of the other circuits are quite cheap, the most expensive only being about $30. The digital display really adds alot.

RandomMarine7 said:
I'm totally in for an MA5B kit! So how exactly do these work, like what activates them, how do they "reload" etc.?

Very good questions. :D

There will be 3 buttons in each kit. One for the trigger, one for the reload, and one for simple on/off.

When you press the trigger button (which can be setup behind the actual trigger), the counter will count down just like the real weapon. When you let off, it stops.

The reload switch is designed to be used in two ways. You can either mount it on the side of the weapon, or you can mount it internally so that the clip (like Robo's removable one) always keeps the button pushed. When you push the side button, or remove the clip and re-insert it, the counter resets to the full ammo count.

Btw, thanks for the grenade idea in my other topic. I'll work on that one sometime soon.

hey man as soon as i get up some extra cash from starting all these projects ill hit you up for the ammo counters. im also a bit interested in the automatic light kit and the armor lights kit to go with it.

and EXTREMELY interested in the opaque HUD, i have an old lcd screen from my car i was gonna take apart and try to do the same but i have no idea what im doing lol.

i would say it could display temperature, compass, ammo , COM status like you said. maybe hook it up to a Zune so you can see your playlists or video, cuz im making my helmet Zune capable lol. rearview cam, time/date etc. all im saying is sign me up because i love this idea. let me know if you need anyone ot test it.

interested in the com too lol....are you cutting deals if i buy alot at once? ill even preorder the stuff that isnt available yet if you need help with cash. let me know man

PS.... the prices are fine, youre bringing something new and awesome to the table.

Sounds great! My rifle's got a removeable clip so that would be great to add to the effect - do you think you're going to still try to work a sound card in?

Time is the big enemy here.
Sorry promises, and maybes don't weight their worth in gold
but in time I will be buying some of these from you
Affordable, short, and Halo.
You earn a tornado of awesomness

MandoMan531 said:
hey man as soon as i get up some extra cash from starting all these projects ill hit you up for the ammo counters. im also a bit interested in the automatic light kit and the armor lights kit to go with it.

and EXTREMELY interested in the opaque HUD, i have an old lcd screen from my car i was gonna take apart and try to do the same but i have no idea what im doing lol.
i would say it could display temperature, compass, ammo , COM status like you said. maybe hook it up to a Zune so you can see your playlists or video, cuz im making my helmet Zune capable lol. rearview cam, time/date etc. all im saying is sign me up because i love this idea. let me know if you need anyone ot test it.

interested in the com too lol....are you cutting deals if i buy alot at once? ill even preorder the stuff that isnt available yet if you need help with cash. let me know man

PS.... the prices are fine, youre bringing something new and awesome to the table.

Thanks for all the support. :D Admittedly, I'm quite unfamiliar with LCDs as well, but a few days of reading and studying will fix that, so thanks for all the ideas. I particularly like the compass and Zune ideas. I will definitely be able to cut prices based on how much is bought at once.

RandomMarine7 said:
Sounds great! My rifle's got a removeable clip so that would be great to add to the effect - do you think you're going to still try to work a sound card in?

Absolutely. I'm having a little trouble working out a good sound module, but I'll figure something out. Unfortunately there was a company that made a very easy to record and playback audio with their IC, but they have since discontinued it.

How were you thinking of doing muzzle flashes???

Well, see, the counter circuit is setup in such a way that a 555 timer pulsates at the gun's rate of fire when you pull the trigger. So simply enough, I just set it up to drive several LEDs from that frequency. The LEDs could be put in the end of the barrel, and tada, they'll flash when you pull the trigger.

Master_Chief_13 said:
How were you thinking of doing muzzle flashes???

In the "Fully Functional Ammo Counters" thread, he said he was going to wire a flashing LED to the circuit that would blink as the gun fired, to create the firing effect. The LED goes in the end of the barrel (obviously).

Alrighty, quick little update here on what I've decided.

I have enough parts for 10 complete kits, for either of the rifles. I'm willing to sell these now, but keep in mind that it will take me about 2 days to assemble each one since I don't have the complete circuit boards yet. They will still work the same though. I'll have a video up either Monday or Tuesday for those of you that want proof of concept.

Check out the classified section if you want one. :D

Hey Goku - I think I'm going to wait to see how you make out with the sound module

I found this site and I think this sound module may be just what you're looking for -

http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H2168.html

you can probably just record the firing sound and work it into the circuit so it plays back when the trigger is pulled - it would seem that a speaker needs to be added (theres an 1/8" stereo output jack) but this could be the ticket.

EDIT: "The MP3 also has a multi-function 10-pin connector that allows direct operation of the module using simple logic triggers." - perfect!!

EDIT 2: Just realized the thing costs a hundred bucks. gahhhhh! I guess some things are too good to be true :(

You can get them slightly cheaper if you buy them in bulk - I've seen the same module for the same prices at a few sites. But even if you did buy in bulk i still don't think many people would be willing to pay that much for them :cautious: Curse high tech electronics for being so expensive!

Good find, but I had already seen those, and ya, uber expensive. I've been trying to find an old analog design, but no dice so far.

Since I can't access the Classifieds, I'll just post here, I guess.

I love the ideas you have, and your prices aren't $100+ gay.

I'll probably end up buying a fan and LED set, but I'm still preparing my helmet :cautious:

For the HUD, I'd say to have a 'Motion Radar' looking compass and a temperature sensor for inside the helmet. Sorry, that's all I could think of.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gokussj5okazu @ Mar 30 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wireless Headset / COM
Features:<ul>[*]Wireless Headset[*]Loudspeakers in Backpack[*]3' Range from Helmet to Backpack[*]300 Meter Range to Other Spartans[/list]Opaque HUD
Features:<ul>[*]See-Through LCD Screen as HUD[/list]Note: I really don't know what could be displayed on here yet. I few ideas I've had include ammo count from the BR55/MA5C, armor/outside temperature, COM status, ect. I could really use some more ideas for this one though.</div>
Perhaps A small LCD screen, with a powerful bulb behind it, ala home-made projector, only smaller. Say a screen from one of these and one of these. Try to get these cheaper 'though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back