Props Goku's Electronic Props

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea Link, sorry about that. I wasn't trying to sell from here or anything, just letting everyone to know what to expect.

Hey Goku I hope I'm not starting to sound naggy - i guess PM me with any word on the sound card if you find something you can use. Thanks!

LastSpartan said:
I'm interested in your automatic fan & leds.

You're not the only one. lol Friday I will be ordering enough parts for about 10 of those, so I'll be sure to get some pictures up.

To everyone else, sorry I've yet to get the full pics up of the ammo counter. Due to certain..circumstances, I'm lacking the printed circuit boards I need, but I'm going to RS on Friday to get some proto-board, so I'll just do it on that over the weekend. I should have pics of the parts kit up in a moment, however.

EDIT!: I just put up three pictures of the parts kits for the BR55 boards. There's links in the BR55 description in the first post, have a look. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokussj5okazu said:
You're not the only one. lol Friday I will be ordering enough parts for about 10 of those, so I'll be sure to get some pictures up.

To everyone else, sorry I've yet to get the full pics up of the ammo counter. Due to certain..circumstances, I'm lacking the printed circuit boards I need, but I'm going to RS on Friday to get some proto-board, so I'll just do it on that over the weekend. I should have pics of the parts kit up in a moment, however.

EDIT!: I just put up three pictures of the parts kits for the BR55 boards. There's links in the BR55 description in the first post, have a look. :D

Does the fan have a thermometer built into or how does it tell what the tempeture is and also how does it know how to change the speed of the fan?

stanvo said:
Does the fan have a thermometer built into or how does it tell what the tempeture is and also how does it know how to change the speed of the fan?

There's no thermometer built into the fans, it's part of the circuit. It's not really a thermometer though, it's called a thermo-resistor. It's resistance increases based on the temperature. The resistance from the thermo-resistor tells a MOSFET how to regulate output voltage, controlling the fans. As far as how, it's fairly tricky. I manually set a base resistance for full speed with a pot., and the MOSFET handles it from there.

Alright guys, just wanted to give ya'll an update, considering that today I promised to have a working model all done and whatnot. Believe it or not, it coming along very well. I ran into a few wiring problems that have since been fixed, there's just one ting left now. The BR55 counts down in bursts of 10. lol Easy to fix though. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Alright everyone, great news! It's finally done! I finally got the prototype all finished up and worked out all of the bugs! Yay!

Soooo, here it is, enjoy! I'd like to state first that you'll probably see a few problems. I'll list them, but I assure you, they're fixed now.

1. The counter doesn't always count down by 3, some times it's 4, sometimes 2.
2. There's no reload switch.
3. I didn't get a shot of the muzzle LEDs. They actually work, I swear. lol

Anyhow those are all fixed, have fun.

Main Board:
cap_013690.jpg

Counter Board with Display Attached:
cap_014220.jpg

Number LEDs:
cap_016721.jpg

Complete Setup:
cap_017820.jpg

Trigger Switch and Muzzle LEDs:
cap_019916.jpg

Thickness:
cap_021472.jpg

AND Here's a video of it in action. The numbers move really smoothly, unlike in the movie. My camera just isn't fast enough to see them moving.

I'll get the vid up in a bit.

you might want to also add another switch inline of the battery (one for the trigger and one for the clip to push in) , making that switch the reload by removing the mag and loading the mag back in

thats how my set up is on my AR's

i hope that makes some senice

Ah, thanks Link, I figured I was forgetting about something. It's there, I just didn't get a good picture of it. If you look at the top middle of the Thickness picture, you can see it laying on my keyboard.

Great work Gokuss!

How soon will you be in full production of these? I'll probably want to order a few sometime soon.

Woo video time! Sorry it took me so long to get it, I ran into a problem. The Blue LED display on this one burn't out. Fortunately (kinda), Mouser sent me a red one when I ordered the parts to make one of these for HaloFreakX. Since I couldn't use it one his, I swapped into this one. SOO... that explains the red LEDs in the video.

Nice, yes please Blue... One thing I'm just going to say is the after it got to 6 it went 4 and 2 or 1 :unsure: ... just saying though... Well thanks

Ya, don't worry about the 6 to 4 thing, that's fixed. I only had a potentiometer on the test circuit, and I replaced it with a solid resistor on the final design, so it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back