Props Goku's Redicuously Hd Weapon Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gokussj5okazu

Ok, I'm changing this topic up a bit, I'm going to use it just as a database for all of my drawings and models. Feel free to use any of these for references or whatnot. Please give some credit though. Also, don't use the models for Pepakura, they're TOO complex to use for that.

ALSO, does anyone know of a way I can convert a .sldprt to something more useful? Like an .obj? I had an export program, but the trial expired.

M6G 3D Model

http://fufara.beatme...%20Model.SLDPRT

[attachment=10848:M6G ScreenShot.jpg] [attachment=10789:M6G Text ScreenShot.jpg]

[attachment=10790:M6G Text1 ScreenShot.jpg] [attachment=10791:M6G Text2 ScreenShot.jpg]

[attachment=10792:M6G Text3 ScreenShot.jpg] [attachment=10793:M6G Text4 ScreenShot.jpg]

[attachment=10847:M6G Clip.jpg]

M6G AutoCAD Schematic

http://fufara.beatme...els/M6G/M6G.dwg

[attachment=10851:AutoCAD M6G.jpg]

MA5C AutoCAD Schematic

http://fufara.beatme...s/MA5C/MA5C.dwg

[attachment=10852:AutoCAD MA5C.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG Holy great balls of fire. I your hd model is freaking amazing! Once you are dont uploading the file caan you please send me a pm of the file? Your links on the page dont work for some reason... Anyways keep it up!

Thats awesome but on the engraving you put m6c it should be m6g. really minor thing though. anyways your obj file download is bugged think. it goes to a .txt file instead

Thanks. I put 6C because one of the original Halo 3 Beta screenshots had it. :pThe .obj is fine, just right-click save as, and it should put the .obj on it. If not just do it manually, my server's weird.

Bump! I'm gonna use this topic to keep a running list of my work from now on. Also, I added the M6G's clip, and my MA5C work. :D

Cool models! It's good to see there are a few of us doing this stuff in Solidworks :D

It's also good to see I'm not the only one that ends up with a heap of features in the sidebar! ;)

Gokussj5okazu said:
... ALSO, does anyone know of a way I can convert a .sldprt to something more useful? Like an .obj? I had an export program, but the trial expired...

I need to do something similar to get files for rapid prototyping, since the software wont recognize Solidwork .stl's. The only way I've found so far to output to an .obj or similar, without buying one of those export plugins, is to export the .sldprt as an .stl (save as - .stl as the format, there's a few options you can mess with for the amount of polys etc) and then open the .stl in another 3D app and export that as the .obj. It's a bit of a pain to do but it seems to work okay, the mesh is pretty ugly though.

Don't use STL for transfer to other 3D apps!!!

It loses alot of details in translation!!! (As for example you can clearly see on transfer over STL something cylindrical)

Use STEP or IGES formats. They saves all curves and any CAD progs can import these formats.

As to conert to obj - best there is ProE.

Just import STEP in ProE and save as OBJ. No open edges, no duplicated vertices, no further cleanup work :)

The other way - import of IGES to last versions of 3ds max. Then export to OBJ, but result not guaranteed from open edges etc.

Belakor said:
I need to do something similar to get files for rapid prototyping, since the software wont recognize Solidwork .stl's. The only way I've found so far to output to an .obj or similar, without buying one of those export plugins, is to export the .sldprt as an .stl (save as - .stl as the format, there's a few options you can mess with for the amount of polys etc) and then open the .stl in another 3D app and export that as the .obj. It's a bit of a pain to do but it seems to work okay, the mesh is pretty ugly though.

bevbor said:
Don't use STL for transfer to other 3D apps!!!

It loses alot of details in translation!!! (As for example you can clearly see on transfer over STL something cylindrical)

Use STEP or IGES formats. They saves all curves and any CAD progs can import these formats.

As to conert to obj - best there is ProE.

Just import STEP in ProE and save as OBJ. No open edges, no duplicated vertices, no further cleanup work :)

The other way - import of IGES to last versions of 3ds max. Then export to OBJ, but result not guaranteed from open edges etc.

Thanks for correcting me on that Bevbor :)

I'll have to see if any of my other software supports those formats, I've been forced to use STL and it's not very fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back