Gonna tackle an Elite Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the wonders of having a garage. My dad had so many things that I have wanted like a dremel, bondo, aluminum tape, and so many other things!

papamurf812 said:
Yeah, the wonders of having a garage. My dad had so many things that I have wanted like a dremel, bondo, aluminum tape, and so many other things!

Mine too! I can find anything in there!

Last edited by a moderator:
so is scaling the pepakura models hard to determine or are you saving that for last and how tall are elites suppose to be isnt it like 9'

weapon_of_choice said:
so is scaling the pepakura models hard to determine or are you saving that for last and how tall are elites suppose to be isnt it like 9'

Elites are around 7 or 8 feet i think. Check out the scaling thread in the pepakura section. But iam gonna save it till I finish the body to determine how it will fit.

Elite-B17 said:
Elites are around 7 or 8 feet i think. Check out the scaling thread in the pepakura section. But iam gonna save it till I finish the body to determine how it will fit.
oh i didnt know that there was a scaling thread i have to check it out thanks

ok i just found this video and iam trying to figure out how his stilts are made if you look close his legs look straight that my be why he was so tall the padded bumps would explain the knee joints

Elite-B17 said:
The first post in this thread explains how to make the stilts. ;)

Great video though!!
yes but those stilts do not look that much like the elites legs they need to be taller

Hi, I just registered. I've been making plans for an Elite costume for a week or two now, and was searching the net for info when I came across these forums. Looks like this particular thread is going to be my new home for quite some time.

Like I said, I've been planning for a couple weeks (since the beginning of october) I was hoping to have it done for Haloween, but since haloween is like a week away or so, and I'm still in the planning stage with no actual work done, looks like it'll be for haloween next year. :p

Anyway, great ideas you guys have had so far. Great minds think alike, cause a lot of my ideas were almost exactly the same!

I'll keep checking in here to see you guys' progress, and keep you informed on my own.

I plan to start making my stilts this weekend. Might even get to the anamatronic hands. Still haven't decided what method I want to use to make the armour yet, I haven't made armour before so that'll be a big learning experience. But I think Elite armour looks a lot easier to make than Mjolnir armour, so it'll be a good place to start.

Anyway, nice to be here. I'll keep in touch.

BigMac

While I'm here I might as well add a thought I had about my suit that no one has touched on.

That video that was posted above with the Elite suit... the one thing that I think really could have been improved upon is the skin, or the lack of it. He simply used grey and black cloth. Not at all appealing.

At work I use gloves that have a rubber coating on the palms and fingers. I was looking at them the other day and couldn't help but think that it would be an absolutely awesome outer coating for the areas of the suit that are supposed to be the Elite's exposed skin.

I have no idea what the material is called, or where one would get it. Hopefully it's just something you can buy and perhaps spray on the fabric.

So anyway, does anyone know of any kind of spray on rubber coating one could use to simulate the alien skin?

One down side to using this rubber coating of course would be the suit will be very hot. It's already going to be hot with all the padding, but this rubber skin will probably seal it 100%, completely getting rid of any breathability. But like I said, the suit was already going to be a hot sucker, might as well make it look fantastic at the same time.

I'll keep doing my research and try to find the product I'm looking for, or if any of you know of something, let me know!

im working on a head piece that will work along the lines as the alien head piece.......smooth-on does have materail that will give the fx....once i get my skull done i'll clay and mould up skin for it

-Bigmac a cheap rubber coating that can be sprayed on is called plastidip you can get it at home depot and it comes in a spray paint can, its not very textured though

papamurf812 said:
This is kinda how I imagine it looking:http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/cybertron_elitearmor/

Not to brag, but I imagine it being better than this. I just wanted everyone to see this. The Elites are new big thing. Along with 20,000 people suddenly having Pep master chief armor in the noob forum. Anyone notice that? The 405th is really getting going!
Sounds good... Looks like he wired a lot of lights on his suit... :\...

I'm going to be getting to work on that new body...

:D
Wonderful,
I'd love you so much if you'd be in the movie.

Love in a totally heterosexual way.

And I sort of update on the film. Our group is growing. We made a bunch of movies for our Cinematography club and raised 1,700 for the club. We have a bluescreen room and now we're gonna invest in stuff like lights and a boom mic and stuff. All of this stuff will be openly available for my Halo movie. Things keep getting better and better. I also got a new HD camera that has wonderful quality. I'll throw together some test footage once I finish a few more weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back