Great-grampa Passed Away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayl0r

Hey I just found out that today, my great-grampa who was a vetrean in WW2 had a stroke and crashed into a concrete barrier on his way to a vet. meeting. :( Our family is in shock and we are mourning his death. I am in shock and I need help with coping, do any of you have any ideas of way to deal qwith thses situations? Thank you all.

Sorry to hear that. My great grandfather died some years back from complications with silicosis. I think the best thing for you to do would be to try to stay busy and keep your mind off it. And talk to someone like your friends or parents if you feel like you need to let it out.

Sorry to hear man, I know how you feel. I just lost my great-grandmother about 2 weeks ago. The only advice I have for you is keep yourself going on any projects you have going on. Try and keep your mind off the subject, and in a week or two, you should be fine.

Good luck, I know its hard especially when he was a vet. Just be proud he served his country, and was old enough to see you as a teenager. Even though he has passed away from his human form, his soal, mind and teachings shall remain with you, always.

Best of luck, I know you will be fine, and im sure you have your famialy's and the 405'ths support through these hard times.

-Xtreme TACTICS 101

BFDesigns said:
Sorry to hear that. My great grandfather died some years back from complications with silicosis. I think the best thing for you to do would be to try to stay busy and keep your mind off it. And talk to someone like your friends or parents if you feel like you need to let it out.

Thank you BDF I'll talk to a few people!

Last edited by a moderator:
when my grandma died i was sad because the last time i saw her we were mad a each other but now i feel like we have forgiven each other
just keep your mind off of it and when you need to just let it all out there is no shame in crying about it

I'm very sorry to hear that. I've had a few relatives that are WWII veterans pass away, too. I spent time away from home and with close friends to keep my mind off the loss. I hope it helps.

-Vlad

Different people cope with it in different ways. Some prefer to distance themselves and some need to talk. If you decide to talk about it, make sure it is with someone close to you, not just crazy uncle Slappy that you only see once or twice a year. Arguments are sure to break out in these situations because of the smallest little thing. My gf got into a fistfight the day of her mother's funeral because a "friend" of the family used her lighter to light a cigarette. Emotions are tense and confusing when you lose someone so loved. It is ok to take a break from life when things get too much and go for a walk.

sorry to hear about it. My great granpa was a ww2 vet to, but he died of cancer before I was born. i cant imagine how you feel, but I hope it gets better..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back