Great Stuff Troubleshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC PwN 3R

after following all the precautions, wearing gloves and protective eyewear, the piece i was fixing up was done..
then it fell. i caught it with my bare hands, then all the uncured foam got all over my hands...i tried peeling em off but now they've cured on my hands and i seriously dont know how to get em off. i tried some acetone but it doesnt work. HELP?!?!

From the Great Stuff DIYer site -

CLEAN UP: On solid surfaces, uncured foam dissolves with acetone. For skin and solid surfaces, cured foam must be mechanically removed or allowed to wear off in time.

Hope this helps. If you have a lot on your hands, try cutting it off with a razor blade - carefully! Otherwise, just let it wear off.

i think going to the emergency room is a bit too much for this eh? yea, i think im gonna leave it to peel off on its own.

Don't be such a pussy! Just rip it off! Its like when I get superglue, plaster, latex, ect on my myself, I just rip it off either leaving bare skin that burns for awhile or a bloody gash :p

In all seriousness though, just cut some off the top if it is pretty high and take a hot shower.

Dreadnought of Fury said:
Don't be such a pussy! Just rip it off! Its like when I get superglue, plaster, latex, ect on my myself, I just rip it off either leaving bare skin that burns for awhile or a bloody gash :p

In all seriousness though, just cut some off the top if it is pretty high and take a hot shower.

Haha, you sound like me, cept I use steel wool.... don't judge me.... :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some on my fingers and i just let it wear off. I went into my hottub and it seemed to work a little bit because of the chemicals and hot water.

i got a bunch on my fingers when working on my assault rifle

i let it just go away over time lol i know its annoying :p

a good 51% of it went away today...another 49% to go! most of it was just working at my job and wearing gloves all day...who knew..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back