green stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

rensole117

Jr Member
Hey guys,

Well i got a question and one here might be able to help me with it (i hope)
I live in europe and dont have the money to create a plastic mold
so i was thinking...
seeing fiberglass is strong and using bondo is still good bondo itself would crack would the helmet/armor ever fall (right?)

so i was thinking, is it posible for me to use greenstuff instead of using bondo ??
seeing i allready have a big background in warhammer and conversions im allready well known with it and around here they say it gets as strong as a metalish component (seeing its an epoxy)
but will i be able to sand greenstuff and stuff?
and will it be usable for this ?
thx in forward guys and... leme know plz?

I think you're mixing a few things up here. Moulding has nothing to do with using resin and fibreglass to reinforce a model, so let's set that aside.

As for the body filling: I didn't get many results for this "green stuff" stuff. At least not many that had both a price and a volume or weight in them. The few I found were small packages for ridiculous prices, you can get ten times more body filler (or resin, for reinforcement, that comes before slapping on the body filler) for the same money.

well green stuff is like from warhammer
its sold here for 7 euro for 2 strings of epoxy (covering a bout 20 cm by 20 cm)
and well i dunno were i could get stuff to make molds from
like i dont know on what to do after i got it fiberglassed and bondo'd :/

btw this is the green stuff i mean:
greenstuff.jpg

and this is also a possibility:
http://www.miniwargaming.co.uk/comp.../1835-galeforce-9-green-stuff-epoxy-100g.html

yeah i know but im afraid of using it with bondo and it would drop/fall (im kindof a cluts like that xD)
and that it would break cause i sued bondo on my car and i bumped into that certain part 2 weeks later and it was like broken so im afraid it will happen again with the helmet.
can it happen ? or is it just me who thinks that?

yeah i know but im afraid of using it with bondo and it would drop/fall (im kindof a cluts like that xD)
and that it would break cause i sued bondo on my car and i bumped into that certain part 2 weeks later and it was like broken so im afraid it will happen again with the helmet.
can it happen ? or is it just me who thinks that?

I had to take a sledge hammer to my toe cap to get it to crack. It was hardened with 2 layers of Rondo (resin and Bondo mixture) and 3 layers of fiberglass. If you take the time to harden it properly, it will take a baseball bat to the face just fine.

To answer your question about sanding it, yes you can.
I made a fairly large part of a custom airsoft gun from green stuff/ epoxy putty and it sanded just fine.

As for using it for armour I'd not bother.
Fibreglass is strong, it's just the resin on it's own which is brittle and can break.
Bondo is basically just resin with talc in it so if you used bondo on it's own it would be quite brittle but with a fibreglass base it should be fine.

well thats what im afraid of that i drop it and it will crumble :(
im planning on spending a full month on resinning and bondoing the helmet but i dont want a month or maybe even more of work to go to waste just cause it drops one time
so any tips on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back