Greener Than A Car, Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

briack

BIG EDIT: thanks to spooky shadows advice, i will not be making a hydrogen jet, gonna do something else with the junk but i'll not tell ya'll right now

hello 405th members,
just so you know i still exist

i'm right now building a dun dun dun, hydrogen rocket bike. here is my progress

hydrogen maker: almost done
bubbler (to prevent flashbacks): almost done
rocket shaft (made out of a second bubbler i didn't need):almost done
mounting on bike: haven't started
battery: 18 volt nic-cad cordless drill battery

projected speed:20 mph
projected range:15 miles
projected burns from hot glue:5
projected cuts from my saw:0

heres some pics of my garage

PS:i'm going to probably show at school when more than half my grade is back from a texas tour on tuesday or wednesday

update: will need caulk to seal nail holes for the nails (will apply electric charge to them in the water to make hydrogen)
also will need a switch.

update:changed purpose and got caulk for holes and have sealed them up, gonna post some pics of the completed guts in a few minutes

Awesome! I cant wait to see how this turns out!!! I've worked on professionally made hydrogen vehicles before, and even worked on a team to convert a gas vehicle into hydrogen, so this really interests me!

spookyshadow said:
Awesome! I cant wait to see how this turns out!!! I've worked on professionally made hydrogen vehicles before, and even worked on a team to convert a gas vehicle into hydrogen, so this really interests me!
that is very cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
eclipsetuner018 said:
sounds cool but, why? lol what does this do? just makes your bike faster?
probably will help me in my morning commute, plus it will be faster than any street vehicle i can pilot (i'm 13 and i can only pilot a electric moped that only can go 20 mph)

I'm just wondering how exactly it will move the bike? Also, please be carefull hydrogen is VERY explosive (learnt from experiance) and will ignite easilly with a simple static spark. I recommend before compressing any gasses or bottling any of the hydrogen that you consider the dagers involved. I was simply lucky no one was injured with my incident. Good luck none the less!

DragonSpartan Please don't double or triple post. That's good idea. I'm starting to make my oqn weather proof car, no ideas to anyone who might steal that idea. Iguess we're both trying to save the world :D

so are you gonna put your flashback suppressor inside your bubbler? i haven't seen that done before. and i dont know how it is in your state any motorized vehicle with a seat , you have to have a motorcycle license to operate on the streets..also what type of motor are you using ? i was thinking about turning my gas scooter into a hydrogen scoot , i like this idea you got dude keep us posted?

Humboldt_spartan said:
so are you gonna put your flashback suppressor inside your bubbler? i haven't seen that done before. and i dont know how it is in your state any motorized vehicle with a seat , you have to have a motorcycle license to operate on the streets..also what type of motor are you using ? i was thinking about turning my gas scooter into a hydrogen scoot , i like this idea you got dude keep us posted?
sorry, i thought a bubbler could serve as a flashback protector...
well it has to be at most 20 mph but i'll prob get around it
i am going to try to use a jet engine(A pvc tube with a ignitor at the end have no clue if it will work)

spookyshadow said:
I'm just wondering how exactly it will move the bike? Also, please be carefull hydrogen is VERY explosive (learnt from experiance) and will ignite easilly with a simple static spark. I recommend before compressing any gasses or bottling any of the hydrogen that you consider the dagers involved. I was simply lucky no one was injured with my incident. Good luck none the less!
i will use a jet tube...

hmmm hope i don't kill myself, thanks

DragonSpartan, again please don't double or triple post, just edit it. Thanks. I like your idea, bbut why use a hydrogen maker, i mean don't we have enough. I just don't get what's the use of it right now?

TheSpartanMjolnir said:
DragonSpartan, again please don't double or triple post, just edit it. Thanks. I like your idea, bbut why use a hydrogen maker, i mean don't we have enough. I just don't get what's the use of it right now?
i double posted: i don't see them...
hu, i don't get what you mean, i'm just guessing that you mean why use hydrogen so i'm just going to answer that.
i believe that it is clean, easy to make and its good for the enviorment (i'm using water, not natural gas)

I dont want to ruin your dreams but, simply filling a tube with hydrogen then igniting it will not creat thrust enough to move your bike. It will simply give a loud "WHOOF" sound and all hydrogen will be depleated. It would be awesome to make into a canon tho! The bubbler will suppress the flash back if your building it the way I think you are.

spookyshadow said:
I dont want to ruin your dreams but, simply filling a tube with hydrogen then igniting it will not creat thrust enough to move your bike. It will simply give a loud "WHOOF" sound and all hydrogen will be depleated. It would be awesome to make into a canon tho! The bubbler will suppress the flash back if your building it the way I think you are.
ok but i'll still try any way...

thanks

so let me get this straight , your not building a hydrogen generator for an engine to make it gas /hydrogen hybrid , you just want a "flame thrower out the back for looks or something?( like the batmobile) , let me warn you it wont just make a woosh sound when you ignite the hydrogen , seems VERY dangerous , hydrogen when taken from water using the electrolysis method(or any method) is very, very volatile , and i personally wouldnt suggest you going any further with this with out some kinduv professional help ,cuase no offense at you personally ( i mean it, you seem kewl ,and ballsy for trying this) , im just looking out for your safety ,but it doesnt sound like you have thought this out very well , have you told your parents about this yet? i wouldnt want my 13 yr old messing with explosive materials , and any kinduv flame thrower on a car , bike , is illegal in any state (no matter what) ,,.....while i dont have any professional xp with hydrogen generators (i have built my own), i know enough to suggest you really think this through , good luck, stay safe but please look into alterative methods , what happened to the good old days when you could just take you parents lighter and moms bottle of aqua net and make a torch with that?
(ahhh .the good ol days)

jawshwaa

p.s. jet engines while using thrust from after burners , also still have a turbine in them that takes up most of the work , its not just a tube that shoots fire ,(if my memory is correct)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back