Peaches

Not many people seem to do/have done officer jackets, so I figured I'd post my own make as I go!

Here's what I currently have:
5 yards of 44" cotton fabric in Cloudburst
2 yards of featherweight fusible interfacing.
4 1/4 yards of 44" cotton fabric in Black
5/8 heavy duty snaps in gold and a dark grey/black
Gold thread in both Temple Gold (7450) and Spark Gold (7360)
Grey thread in Nugrey (450)
Metallic gold bias tape
Pattern is Butterick B5927 - option D

Some notes:
All of the above, except for the bias tape and pattern came from Joann.
The bias tape came off of Amazon.
The pattern is unfortunately retired, but if you look, you can find uncut versions out there. Mine is from Pattern Walk.
After extensive research and putting the Haloverse ribbons to their real-world counterparts, I have ordered a ribbon rack and ribbons from Vanguard.
I still need to order UNSC dogtags, a name badge, gold star pins, and silver oak leaf pins.
My husband is 3D printing a completely non-functional pistol for me, as well.
The bias tape will be used in lieu of ribbon or bar pins for the gold accents on the jacket.

What ribbons have I decided to go with?
I'm basing Commander Peaches off of Commander Miranda Keyes, so I used her and her father as a starting point. I'll list the Haloverse award (and then the real world equivalent in parentheses).
Silver Star (Silver Star)
Basic Training Honor Graduate (USAF Basic Training Honor Graduate)
Combat Readiness (USAF Combat Readiness)
Command (NJROTC NS 4)
Medic (NJROTC Color Guard)
Advanced Education (NJROTC Aptitude)

I'm currently in the cutting everything out stage, so I'll post more when I've made more progress!

Peaches

442463151_1668693523898454_5216648693649975410_n.jpg20240606_090356.jpg20240606_090337.jpg20240606_090315.jpg20240606_085920.jpg20240606_085925.jpg20240606_112557.jpg20240606_090534.jpg

Last edited:
Now that I finally have everything cut out, I need just a couple more things that I don't have. I'm missing my silver oak leaf pins, one of my ribbons, and my gold stars. But! I can finally start piecing the jacket together.

Not many people seem to do/have done officer jackets, so I figured I'd post my own make as I go!

Here's what I currently have:
5 yards of 44" cotton fabric in Cloudburst
2 yards of featherweight fusible interfacing.
4 1/4 yards of 44" cotton fabric in Black
5/8 heavy duty snaps in gold and a dark grey/black
Gold thread in both Temple Gold (7450) and Spark Gold (7360)
Grey thread in Nugrey (450)
Metallic gold bias tape
Pattern is Butterick B5927 - option D

Some notes:
All of the above, except for the bias tape and pattern came from Joann.
The bias tape came off of Amazon.
The pattern is unfortunately retired, but if you look, you can find uncut versions out there. Mine is from Pattern Walk.
After extensive research and putting the Haloverse ribbons to their real-world counterparts, I have ordered a ribbon rack and ribbons from Vanguard.
I still need to order UNSC dogtags, a name badge, gold star pins, and silver oak leaf pins.
My husband is 3D printing a completely non-functional pistol for me, as well.
The bias tape will be used in lieu of ribbon or bar pins for the gold accents on the jacket.

What ribbons have I decided to go with?
I'm basing Commander Peaches off of Commander Miranda Keyes, so I used her and her father as a starting point. I'll list the Haloverse award (and then the real world equivalent in parentheses).
Silver Star (Silver Star)
Basic Training Honor Graduate (USAF Basic Training Honor Graduate)
Combat Readiness (USAF Combat Readiness)
Command (NJROTC NS 4)
Medic (NJROTC Color Guard)
Advanced Education (NJROTC Aptitude)

I'm currently in the cutting everything out stage, so I'll post more when I've made more progress!

Peaches

View attachment 349025View attachment 349026View attachment 349027View attachment 349028View attachment 349029View attachment 349030View attachment 349031View attachment 349032
I'm excited to see how this turns out! I'm very interested in seeing your UNSC dress uniform patterns come to life. I've been thinking of doing a halo 4 officer jacket myself.

Absolutely do it! What I love about the inconsistency of the officer jackets throughout the franchise is that it gives us cosplayers a little more freedom to make our jackets ours.

Just popping in a small update: it's been too freaking hot to sew, even with the A/C on. Hoping once temps drop a bit I'll be able to continue... (Theoretically next week will be about 10-20 degrees cooler than it currently is.)

Oh sweet! Rock Lobbster do you have a post with your officer?
Sorry for the super late reply! I did not make a build thread for it (I'd like to revisit this project in the future) but here are some images of said officer uniform. It was a very last minute build so there are some improvements I'd like to make first

IMG_5412.jpg
1720810910267.png

I am so mad right now... I was at Joann's a couple of days ago, and found the perfect jacket pattern.

So I bought it...and new fabric. Apparently this pattern was released in 2021 but I had never seen it before - maybe because Halloween costume patterns are just now coming back out for this fall?

Anyway, new pattern obtained:
Simplicity Costumes S9249
1721014187720.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back