Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg

Jr Member
well now that im done with my recon helmet a couple of my friend say i should make a run on it so now i want ur opinion on it if i should or not. thank you your friend matt. also be sure to check out my topic on the makeings of this helmet!. here is the link

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18256

thank you for voteing your friend matt.

Hey, I can barely justify the cost of making my own suit, much less buying it from someone else. I think a lot of people are like that, but I think it's a really cool helm. I am just not in the position to buy it :/. But there is a market for anything. And your helmet is *clean* dude.

i would say go ahead and mold it... dont plan on selling a bunch, because alot of people are probably going to just buy from dave... because he is dave.

but it would be a good thing to have some casts that you can throw around and trade with folks... that and its nice for people to have options, we have alot of nice cqb's that have been molded, alot of nice Mrk6, and alot of other stuff... so yours can just be added to the list... some may like yours more, and buy... some may not.

but remember you are only doing a small run, and you are only making back what you put in +your time.

I think you should mold it if that is truely something you want to do for yourself. Sometimes I mold something that never sells and other sell a large amount. There a few Recons out but don't let that discourage you.

Ithica

Dave

Ithica said:
I think you should mold it if that is truely something you want to do for yourself. Sometimes I mold something that never sells and other sell a large amount. There a few Recons out but don't let that discourage you.

Ithica

Dave

i wont man if if it comes to the point where they dont sell then i got like 5 ppl in the community that want to buy some :) or i can sell it on ebay idk. but yea its ok i just like the fun of makeing em.

Last edited by a moderator:
grffin said:
i wont man if if it comes to the point where they dont sell then i got like 5 ppl in the community that want to buy some :) or i can sell it on ebay idk. but yea its ok i just like the fun of makeing em.

It isn't always about the initial selling... as, of course, the 405th isn't a market place... but the experience. Mold it, cast it, play with it... if you can make some funds to get the next project running, bonus.

The helm looks great.

Yodajammies said:
Do you have any higher res images of this helm? Color me interested in getting a copy.

yea but i have to upload em ill upload em around 9 eastern time.

Das Brutus said:
It isn't always about the initial selling... as, of course, the 405th isn't a market place... but the experience. Mold it, cast it, play with it... if you can make some funds to get the next project running, bonus.

The helm looks great.

ty das i love ur videos man and ty for commenting on my helm.

p.s i love ur work also.

Very nice looking helm! I would definitely mold that baby!

Oh, and in the case that I might buy one of those pulls from you, would you happen to have any measurements on the helm? Like, an estimate on head circumference? All that good stuff so I know it will fit on my head lol.

I don't have a huge head or anything, but with me being 6'4" I tend to have to use larger pieces than most members who seem to be in the 5'10-11" range.

PsHWilliam043 said:
Very nice looking helm! I would definitely mold that baby!

Oh, and in the case that I might buy one of those pulls from you, would you happen to have any measurements on the helm? Like, an estimate on head circumference? All that good stuff so I know it will fit on my head lol.

I don't have a huge head or anything, but with me being 6'4" I tend to have to use larger pieces than most members who seem to be in the 5'10-11" range.

about that, that is one question everyone has been asking and i said i would make a video to show u all how big the helm is ill upload it rite now actuly and that will give u and idea im very spacific in the video also :). P.S im 5"8 just to let u know b4 u watch the video.

Hey Griffin, I think they want to avoid having people post prices publicly on the 405 forums, so you might want to edit your post and just PM the guys who are interested. That being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back