Gungnir Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenli1998

Hey guys,
I was wondering how you would paint the Gungnir Pulse. How would you tape off the rings?
See pic below
Halo4GUNGNIR.jpg
TY

After some brainstorming, I came up with (IMO) a decent idea: Is there a way of making pepakura print out the pattern? That way I could just cut it out of thin foam and paste it over when I spray paint. Any thoughts on how to do this?

X2 on what Chernobyl said!

Buy yourself a decent quality painters tape, and take some time to mask it off.

For the best looking results, start by spraying it with a decent quality self-etching primer, then spray your lighter color as your base coat (looks to be white or silver in your pic). Now take a couple tedious hours to tape off everything that you would like to remain white/silver, and spray your darker color.

Wow, if you can pull of the paint like that, it will be awesome. But you really need to make sure the tape is secure and hope that the paint doesn't grow a vein and leak through. Applying the tape will take a while. It is going to be tedious to set it up and take it down and set up the area so the overspray doesn't get anything you don't want painted.

Good luck!

I'd hand-paint the white lines and give it a weathered look.

This. Not all paint needs to be sprayed, I'd do the base color using spray and then pencil the pattern and hand-fill with a brush. You could also run with this idea and stylize it to look like the paintjob was added in the field instead of from the assembly line, as is very common in actual military deployments.

This. Not all paint needs to be sprayed, I'd do the base color using spray and then pencil the pattern and hand-fill with a brush. You could also run with this idea and stylize it to look like the paintjob was added in the field instead of from the assembly line, as is very common in actual military deployments.
Yep. I hand painted the white lines on my FUD suit.
uploadfromtaptalk1437603532794.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437603574682.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back