H3 Chief Armor - Build Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking through this thread a bit but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Where is your neck seal? You built it, I think you said?
I read the whole thing the other day, can confirm its not in here.

.............. NECK SEAL!
Haha the neck seal was a last minute Saturday sunday build but comprised of basic upholstery techniques using thin upholstery foam, 3M #77 spray adhesive, 4way stretch thin vinyl material faux leather and custom templates made from taping my neck and drawing the halo3 neck lines for the seams. I had a hidden zipper that tracked up the back of the neck to take it on and off. Once it "broke in" by wearing it, started working really well. I'll probably make more out of various materials to see what works best. Here are some pics of it in action, it worked very well and I didn't have to wear a full face mask that constantly rode up and covers your whole head making you hotter. The neck seal for the most part wasn't to hot but there is sweating going in. Need good fans in helmet to prevent fogging as moist hot air tends to raise into the helmet. But once you get used to it, it's the most comfortable best working neck solution I could find, plus I made it game accurate with detail.

IMG-20190714-WA0018.jpgIMG-20190714-WA0011.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0035.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0299.jpg

Haha the neck seal was a last minute Saturday sunday build but comprised of basic upholstery techniques using thin upholstery foam, 3M #77 spray adhesive, 4way stretch thin vinyl material faux leather and custom templates made from taping my neck and drawing the halo3 neck lines for the seams. I had a hidden zipper that tracked up the back of the neck to take it on and off. Once it "broke in" by wearing it, started working really well. I'll probably make more out of various materials to see what works best. Here are some pics of it in action, it worked very well and I didn't have to wear a full face mask that constantly rode up and covers your whole head making you hotter. The neck seal for the most part wasn't to hot but there is sweating going in. Need good fans in helmet to prevent fogging as moist hot air tends to raise into the helmet. But once you get used to it, it's the most comfortable best working neck solution I could find, plus I made it game accurate with detail.

View attachment 274583View attachment 274584View attachment 274585View attachment 274591
This makes me want to rethink my balaclava

This makes me want to rethink my balaclava
I will admit I vastly underestimated how hard it was to make it work and it took me 3 solid attempts to get something functional for the show. I will test various other materials and see if i can improve on it. But it definitely looked good and made my neck look thicker like chief in comparison to having armor on.

You build things that just blows my mind. If someone could tell it was foam just by looking at it, I'd eat my helmet. This is amazeballs man!

This just goes to show what someone can accomplish if you mix time, patience, and a dash of innovation together

The pic is great. I’m in the process of adding lights into my helmet rn. Just been little lazy lol
Do it! I have my helmet lights and fans running off the same lipo battery with 2 parallel circuits. Lights all wired in parallel too incase one goes bad. I might wire a regulator in the fan circuit so that i can give it a true 5v dc, right now im throwing 8.4v dc of lipo power at it right now but didn't manage to kill it yet, it lasted all weekend. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back