• Scattershot

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mawrTRON

Member DIN
S011
So I have gotten to the stage where there are only a few small foam pieces to do to complete the foam side of my suit (Hands, Biceps and triceps)
Not to mention the 1mm thick foam detailing all over.
The reason I have stopped this weekend is due to the fact I have no more sharp blades until I return to work on Tuesday :/

Here is my MK6 Legendary chest. All scratch build. Its a bit off but It is the first time I have used EVA.
1897799_10203254903631838_6029060936723910525_n.jpg

I am getting to the stage where going to have to start making a gun soon and stop procrastinating
I have never made a gun before and I was going to carve it from Styrofoam and PVA seal it. Thoughts?

It needs to be an easyish build (as Im n00bish), a medium to small size and not look like a real gun as I will be taking it out in public places..

Which basically means the options are..
-Sticky detonator
-Bolt shot
-Plasma Pistol
-SAW (maybe to 'real')
-Assault rifle
-Needler (I figure would be difficult)
-Light Rifle
-scattershot

So please cast a vote, keep in mind my skill set too

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so as i have had a little experience with polystyrene foam carving here are my thoughts on difficulty.

the options are..
-Sticky detonator - medium
-Bolt shot - medium
-Plasma Pistol - easy/medium
-SAW (maybe to 'real') - hard
-Assault rifle - easy/medium
-Needler (I figure would be difficult) - extremely hard
-Light Rifle - medium
-scattershot - hard

and here are some others
-halo 1-4 pistol - easy
-DMR - medium
-BR - medium

Honestly I understand your concerns with realistic looking weapons in public places, but here is a thought for you - if it looks like a gun, if it is held like a gun, people will think it is a gun. this is a simple fact, and if you are that concerned about it just don't bring one.
however just about anyone will recognize a orange tipped gun as a prop (or at worst an air soft gun) so if you orange or red tip the props you should be fine.

I would sugest building a Halo Pistol just so you can get a feel for the material, ad then pursue a prop. as for my vote on which gun to make, I like the regular Assault Rifle (from reach or halo 4) depending on which one you chose some may be easier than others. (AR ranked in difficulty: H1-H3-H4-H:Reach)

but whatever you chose good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back