Props Ol Reliable

Wicked Demon 15

Hey gang,

Time to start on that big prop I've been wanting to do, the HMG. I wanted to do the newer version but I'm no foamsmith so I opted for an OG; the Halo 3 turret.

Thanks to the inspiration of Rock Lobbster and Benton188 I believe this will be a great build with rotating barrels! I have a local convention next weekend so with this along with a few fixes for my suit, I think I'll be busy. The plan is to have it detachable for transport and be able to sit on a tripod for conventions/pics.

Attachments

• 20240302_193302.jpg
    20240302_193302.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
How far did you get! I would love to see your progress. I am working on my own H3 Turret. Just started the modeling and sizing. I got the motor all figured out and the ammo feed.

How far did you get! I would love to see your progress. I am working on my own H3 Turret. Just started the modeling and sizing. I got the motor all figured out and the ammo feed.
It's going slowly but surely lol. I changed the front and back all that's left is to fill in the rotating plug with resin, buy the drill/ extended bits, and get the foam cut before paint.

Attachments

• 20240404_120828.jpg
    20240404_120828.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • 20240404_120823.jpg
    20240404_120823.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back