Props Hail Hydra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...today started out amazingly...
As I was prepping the Hydra for the main body paint (which has been a pain). She fell...
After a few choice words repairs commenced...

20133436_10154740205531409_574583808_o.jpg

In order to repair I took my bottle of super glue and poured into the recess. Additionally, I took the baby powder and super glue mix and filled the rest. Some sanding later and voila! Damage repaired.

20050095_10154740205341409_1800960746_o.jpg

I'm still worried about the integrity of the pistol grip area but I think it will hold. That being said, for a drop on a concrete floor, I think it's pretty great that this is the only damage.

Never even tell it had an accident. I find the actual painting easy. I use spray paints so the masking is what gets me. Then remasking the whole thing for a different color then another and another

Never even tell it had an accident. I find the actual painting easy. I use spray paints so the masking is what gets me. Then remasking the whole thing for a different color then another and another
Yeah, painting should be fun. At least, I enjoy painting. If you have access to a vinyl cutter, that would do a great job with the UNSC decal on the side. Would save you a lot of work. Might cost you $3 or 4 dollars, but it would look super snazzy.

And all the masking you'll need...a challenge for sure. Best of luck!

I've been eyeing a cricut for awhile in regards to that UNSC decal hah. The hard part for me at least is making sure the colors are right. It won't be perfect but hey thats half the fun. Painting is great though cause that's when the prop really comes to life!

The girl is finally getting some color. A lot of these nooks and crannies require some hand painting :D. Shes coming along.

20170718_184202.jpg

ODST helmet is actually a Sean Bradley cast, great cast. Sean makes some awesome ODST stuff

Fantastic!!! Also, second on Sean Bradley for ODST! I have one of his visors in my helmet :)

Was able to accomplish a field test with the Hydra for wieldability. We obviously had to get a Hail Hydra pic in :D. Just a few more details to complete then get a sling for her. Plenty of time...right? the road to dragon continues.
20517709_1796837667000588_1112839687_o.jpg

Small Hydra not so update. Haven't forgotten about her. Just wrapped up in the Recluse build lately. Going to attempt to finish her up this weekend. Gotta have a complete weapon for Dragon Con! In the meantime here is a shot of her in the current state.
IMG_7556.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back