Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skullcandy Girl said:
Your peps are next Squirrley, well after I finish the other boot XP, hahaha. It's gonna be fun!
WOOH! hahaha.

Belakor said:
The torso file looks amazing, can't wait to get started on it.
Thanks for creating and posting your files :) and thanks to Ral Partha and bevbor for unfolding the torso... saved me a lot of work :D
kewl, thanks. cant wait to see pictures of it!!

dannifood4less said:
i looked at the unfolded models, and i must say that they did a good job, i just finished my helmet,,, i *MIGHT* attempt this chest ill let a few people start before me to see if they run into any problems, and to see how it comes out. ;)
hahaha, good choice, let the space monkies go first. (anyone? ...anyone?)

-------------

right.... welll... im toying with the idea of having a go at a high detail version of . . . the recon helmet. there i said it! it wont be for a while cuza work n stuffs but i might do it. ether that or ill revisit the mrk VI and add in all the details i missed and fix the ones i got wrong. any thoughts?

oh bdw, 117 votes on the poll!!!! how funky is that?! no? not very? oh... ok... just me then... ohwell.

any problems, gimme a shout

FS

(all your auto-google-desk are belong to us!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
A recon lid would be hot, but, What about the space diaper, or leg armor?? Or do you mean after the upper arm and space diaper etc etc. XD Granted the world doesn't revolve around my whines, but, a full set of hi-res armor sounds cooler to me than another helmet variant :cautious: >_> Just my two cents anything you do is great :)

oh bdw, 117 votes on the poll!!!!
Edit: 118! I voted for upper arm.

Skullcandy Girl said:
... but, a full set of hi-res armor sounds cooler to me than another helmet variant...

Nay nay!
Do not try to force a creative artist to do something.
You can receive some unexpected result.
But, who if not you are knows this better than others? :)

Skullcandy Girl said:
anything you do is great

!! This is the reason of low quantity of voters in poll!!
They are gratefully receive anything FS does!
FS, you're God. :)

Skullcandy Girl said:
A recon lid would be hot, but, What about the space diaper, or leg armor?? Or do you mean after the upper arm and space diaper etc etc. XD Granted the world doesn't revolve around my whines, but, a full set of hi-res armor sounds cooler to me than another helmet variant :cautious: >_> Just my two cents anything you do is great :)
DO NOT WANT! heh, nah, i kid. im guna hold off on those parts till i can get propper refrence for the details. ive decided to go back and revisit the mrk VI one cuz of all the bits i misssed/got wrong. but dont go holding off your projects waitin for it, itll be a while. its more a thing to do in the time between work, collage, commuting, eating... oh and ocasionaly sleeping.:lol: oh and isnt robo workin on a high rez sholder/upper arm?

bevbor said:
Edit: 118! I voted for upper arm.
aww, no more 117 poll.

bevbor said:
Do not try to force a creative artist to do something.
You can receive some unexpected result.
hahaha, thanks. yea SKG, better watch out, i might edit the torso so your boobs are mushed by it. :p hahahaha (then again it might make a change to the ones that fling em out there that havve been popping up)

bevbor said:
!! This is the reason of low quantity of voters in poll!!
They are gratefully receive anything FS does!
FS, you're God. :)

aww, thanks. i dont think ive been called a god before. ive called myself a god before, but that was in a past life. i was buisy takin over places then these dudes decided to stop me. i think we were at somewhere called the hot gates... wait...

well to add my 2 cents, i've got alot to work to do myself still working on fs ar and then the torso after finishing the helmet really need to finish that asap, so a little trip to B&Q will be needed before i do anything else.

oh and fs any ideas on what i should get for resin and bondo from B&Q as i havn't got a clue where to start looking.

was thinking of doing somethin like this guy did Crossfires Pep Helm but still need to get the resin and bondo stuff to strengthen it

flying_squirl said:
isnt robo workin on a high rez sholder/upper arm?
Yeah, I'm kind of working on the bicep/shoulder piece. So far I've smoothed out the inner/upper bicep parts, and have added a little detail to it. I haven't been working much on the models lately though. I've been doing other things.

Now, do the Mk VI helmet rework. The only thing that I think needs to be changed a little is the part on the rear sides of the helmet. That's the only part that has kept me from making your helmet. You could also try the floating face thing for added details :D

flying_squirl said:
aww, no more 117 poll.

I'm really for half of hour studied for what did I do wrong. :)
Evideeently, I is Big Truck Air Brake :D

Hahahah well it was just my two cents. I'm also an artist and believe me I know better than most what goes into these things. I don't force anything onto anyone, geepers. :eek:

Ah I feel ya on waiting FS, I didn't know that's why you decided to start a new idea, no biggie :) I wish I had time to invest into learning how to make 3D models into pepakura, I'd help out, but my career comes first XD. I'll patiently wait :)

That new MC statue that came out not too long ago has great reference pics here:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=alb...600&start=0

raven2751 said:
well to add my 2 cents, i've got alot to work to do myself still working on fs ar and then the torso after finishing the helmet really need to finish that asap, so a little trip to B&Q will be needed before i do anything else.

oh and fs any ideas on what i should get for resin and bondo from B&Q as i havn't got a clue where to start looking.

was thinking of doing somethin like this guy did Crossfires Pep Helm but still need to get the resin and bondo stuff to strengthen it
hmm, im not to sure about the names they'd use in B&Q but theyre pritty friendly in there. ide just day you want to do some work on a boat of something, its the same stuff. ohyea, im guna be doin something like he did... but with wax. i posted about it a page or two back.

Shadow3944 said:
Fs, these are surprisingly good. I know my next pep project now. ^^
thank you!!

Robogenisis said:
Yeah, I'm kind of working on the bicep/shoulder piece. So far I've smoothed out the inner/upper bicep parts, and have added a little detail to it. I haven't been working much on the models lately though. I've been doing other things.
Now, do the Mk VI helmet rework. The only thing that I think needs to be changed a little is the part on the rear sides of the helmet. That's the only part that has kept me from making your helmet. You could also try the floating face thing for added details :D
;)

bevbor said:
I'm really for half of hour studied for what did I do wrong. :)
Evideeently, I is Big Truck Air Brake :D
? haha. its the whole 'SEARA 117' thing. but it looks like alot more people have voted since.

Skullcandy Girl said:
Hahahah well it was just my two cents. I'm also an artist and believe me I know better than most what goes into these things. I don't force anything onto anyone, geepers. :eek:
you better not! grrr! *shakes fist* hahaha

Skullcandy Girl said:
Ah I feel ya on waiting FS, I didn't know that's why you decided to start a new idea, no biggie :) I wish I had time to invest into learning how to make 3D models into pepakura, I'd help out, but my career comes first XD. I'll patiently wait :)

That new MC statue that came out not too long ago has great reference pics here:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=alb...600&start=0
what was why i stared on a new idea? did i forget something again? wow! nice statue!! any chance you could get a few shouts around the base of the helmet?

---------------

no news realy... wait... whats this???

wtf.jpg

why, that looks like a screen capture of a model with all the corrections and missed details put in!

thats right, i had a few hours free today and i fix it... almost all of it. i just need pics of the base of the helmet to finish the details there. ill put up a beta pep a lil later if anyones interested. jus lemme know.

any problems, gimme a shout,

FS

EDIT: also i started again with the game mesh as the base so theres no worries about it not being right as far as that goes. also i did it on my 32" HD screen with the pictures beside it so its prity damn accurate.

:eek:
WOW!
That is FANTASTIC!
man, i better start building... 40 pages :oops:
LOL but is well worth it!
Much Thanks to all the people who worked on that! You guys made a huge contribution to these forums.
And FS... Once again, you amaze me.

Good work!

-Justin

flying_squirl said:
why, that looks like a screen capture of a model with all the corrections and missed details put in!

thats right, i had a few hours free today and i fix it... almost all of it. i just need pics of the base of the helmet to finish the details there. ill put up a beta pep a lil later if anyones interested. jus lemme know.

any problems, gimme a shout,

FS

EDIT: also i started again with the game mesh as the base so theres no worries about it not being right as far as that goes. also i did it on my 32" HD screen with the pictures beside it so its prity damn accurate.
I'm interested. :D

EDIT: Yeah, me likey the details in that picture... And I fully intend on building your torso. It WILL be awhile though, so DF4L, don't hold your breath, heh.

hahaha, good choice, let the space monkies go first. (anyone? ...anyone?)

Thats me! I'l do it! :lol:

EDIT:

Do you think a hight of 40cm on the chest is big enough for somone who is 5ft6"

EDIT 2:

No wait this is suicide, count me out! Lol, this will be immensly hard unless you have an army of slaves :S

Hey FS , love the work , me and a friend are trying it out soon , i know its off topic but i was just curious cuz i believe your signaure is from fight club? lol good movie:p

plzz!!!! i must know! is there any more H3 armor on this site, aside from the ttly awsome torso, and helmet? i looked through the thread, but i wasnt sure if i missed something. i want the hand plates! FS this is sooo awsome i plan on making all this tommorow as soon as i get my hands on some cardstock!

dannifood4less said:
i looked at the unfolded models, and i must say that they did a good job, i just finished my helmet,,, i *MIGHT* attempt this chest ill let a few people start before me to see if they run into any problems, and to see how it comes out. ;)
Now that I (think I) have the scaling right, my FS chest is printed. I'm leaving for like 10 days, but I plan on at least scoring it all while I'm gone. And I totally want your new helmet when I get back! Don't disappointed me!

rachciav said:
plzz!!!! i must know! is there any more H3 armor on this site, aside from the ttly awsome torso, and helmet? i looked through the thread, but i wasnt sure if i missed something. i want the hand plates! FS this is sooo awsome i plan on making all this tommorow as soon as i get my hands on some cardstock!
PLZZZ! Look around the site before asking something like this... And typing it like that. Christ... Yes, there's more H3 armor, but if you're looking for detailed stuff like this, check out what Robogenisis is doing.

Oh, use correct grammar and spelling... PLZZZ!!!!11!

Also, you're totally not "making all of this tomorrow." Not well anyway.

TrintLord said:
looks great!

what program do you use?
3DS Max 8. might be getting nine soon, all depends on the boss.

tonsofhoopla said:
:eek:
WOW!
That is FANTASTIC!
man, i better start building... 40 pages :oops:
LOL but is well worth it!
Much Thanks to all the people who worked on that! You guys made a huge contribution to these forums.
And FS... Once again, you amaze me.

Good work!

-Justin
thank you!!! dont forget to build the tester just in case!! you dont want to build it to find its the wrong size. ide love to see progresss pics if you could post em up here.

smilie120 said:
Thats me! I'l do it! :lol:

EDIT:

Do you think a hight of 40cm on the chest is big enough for somone who is 5ft6"

EDIT 2:

No wait this is suicide, count me out! Lol, this will be immensly hard unless you have an army of slaves :S
hahahahaha. theres a whole thought process in a post. bdw the space monkey thing is refrence to fight club.

dallis said:
Hey FS , love the work , me and a friend are trying it out soon , i know its off topic but i was just curious cuz i believe your signaure is from fight club? lol good movie:p
KEWL! well if you do, take LOTS of pictures!!! yup, it most certinly is! "like a monkey, ready to be shot into space. SPACEMONKEY!"

rachciav said:
kewl, glad you like em!
heres robo's page: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6833
he made a number of other HD peices

Nicktendo said:
Now that I (think I) have the scaling right, my FS chest is printed. I'm leaving for like 10 days, but I plan on at least scoring it all while I'm gone. And I totally want your new helmet when I get back! Don't disappointed me!
PLZZZ! Look around the site before asking something like this... And typing it like that. Christ... Yes, there's more H3 armor, but if you're looking for detailed stuff like this, check out what Robogenisis is doing.

Oh, use correct grammar and spelling... PLZZZ!!!!11!

Also, you're totally not "making all of this tomorrow." Not well anyway.
hahaha, ok, ill try have it up.
oh and thanks

-------------

hmm, so it seems there might be some interest in the new helmet.:lol: ill put up a beta version later just so you can have a look at it n spot any problems. oh and i got the cad off BishopX's thread so i can fix the details i missed.

any problems gimme a shout

FS

bdw, if i seem a little dijointed with my sentences its cuz im feeling a little disjointed... dunno why...

------------------------------

oh and @dallis:its also a hint to other 3d modelers or ppl wanting to edit their own models

flying_squirl said:
oh and i got the cad off BishopX's thread so i can fix the details i missed.

Wow, are Hollywood people also hangin around here?

bevbor said:
Wow, are Hollywood people also hangin around here?
*CLINK* *bwWOOWwowowow* *KAHBOOM* if you can decipher that you could probably fix my computer.

---------

ok, i think... ive killed my computer.... i was working on a rather* big scene while rendering a preview of another rather* big scene. my computer then started to flicker a bit and then turned off. in a huff presumably. i certnly would in its position. anyway i convinved it to turn back on, mainly by pressing the on button. it seemed to work up untill it flashed the BSOD** for a second. i was hoping that because it disapered it might be alright but it seems to have come back minus sound, photoshop and, aperently, the ability to cowardinate the mouse in my hand and the pointer on screen. not to mention that my prity desktop screen of a galixy has dissapeared and all these letters are appearing about five seconds after i type them.
its slightly dis concerting. anyway, i think (think) ive managed to upload the beta of the new helmet. if it turns out very weird your explanation is above. fortunatly its backed up at home so no worries but still... em... ohyea, here it is:
DONT BOTHER UNFOLDING THIS ONE!!!

now before i clumsily wrap this post up i must tell you something... DONT BOTHER UNFOLDING THIS ONE!!! there's no point cuz its not finished. thats not to say that your not allowed, I'm just warning you now that you wont get any sympathy when you come back after spending an hour (yea, i said 'an' ***) unfolding to find a slightly better and finished model here instead****.

also, ill put it up in the first post in case... i dunno... in case something weird happens.
EDIT: acuialy, no. i wont. im not bothered.

any problems.... you can give me a shout if you want but judging by my computer i wont be able to fix it till i get home

FS

*'rather' being another word for 'slightly heavy on the polygon side'. which, as it turns out, is another work for 'F**KING HUGE'

**'BSOD' stands for blue screen of death. its a sign that your killing your computer and you appear to be winning.

*** The placement of 'an' as apposed to 'a' is dependent on the pronunciation of the next word not just the spelling. for example: 'an hour', when you say it ('an our') it sounds correct. another example is formula one racing, you don't say 'a F1' race, you say 'an F1' race because the pronunciation of 'F' as 'eff'.

**** that was not meant as a dig at all the people who unfolded the torso that i made a balls of by putting letters into the mesh. i love you really... no... really... what, why are you backing away? is that a taser? *BIZZZZZAAAAP*
**end of rant**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back