Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Datahar said:
Yey! I did get your PM, sorry about the absense, just had to finish a website off for a client, work shal commence immedietly ;)
no worries and no rush. its good to have more people working on this.
"we can turn this into a monster if we all work together as one team"

Nicktendo said:
No, I printed and started this thing months ago when you first released it. I've just been picking away at it ever since. What I did was find the assembled height with Robogenisis' basic chest model and applied that to yours.

A note to others:
I just quickly tried the new FS scaling method, and I agree it's a great method to find the scale to the model will fit around your chest, but it adds almost 5 inches to the assembled height I have right now, which IMO is too much. I've said it before, none of us (at least I think) are built like super heroes, so it's not going to fit us like it fits the Chief. If you go about it the way I did, (using Robo's model and inputting your height, and using that assembled height for the FS model) it will be fantastically proportioned to your height, but probably not your build. Scale it the FS way, and the bare model will fit around your body, but don't be surprised if it looks too tall in other places. (Keep in mind how high/low the chest piece is. The chest stays high, and so does the diaper. ;) )
ohkewl! *goes and looks for pics*. so the scaling method doesnt work? or it distorts the height? im confused

Keegan said:
Squirl, if you have the Arbiter 3ds file, I'd really appreciate if I could get that. I need the Armor files off them. I cant edit it in Sketchup without the 3ds or dwg or whatever it is. Thanks.
i have it somewhere, ill have a look now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ral Partha @ Mar 16 2008, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Okay, plotted these values and did a linear fit (correlation = 0.9998). The resulting equation is the following:

<blockquote>AH = 1.247x(AD) + 0.595 (in cm)</blockquote>
where AH is the assembled height and AD is the total armpit distance (your measured armpit distance plus 2-4 cm). So even if your measurement is not listed on the table, the equation above should give you the required assembled height for your torso piece.</div>
wow...what? im not sure what the first part ment but it sounds kewl.
thanks a million for doin that, it should make the whole process easier. :D ill set up a new post with those n link it to the first page.

cookie!!!!
ecookie.jpg

:D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
flying_squirl said:
cookie!!!!
ecookie.jpg

:D :D :D

u should try umm... robogenesis's way how its already the scale of 86.00000 and all you have to do is replace it with ur height in inches!
sounds like a great idea better than trying it over 50milli0n times with other scalin stratagies!

flying_squirl said:
ohkewl! *goes and looks for pics*. so the scaling method doesnt work? or it distorts the height? im confused
No, it works. I'm just saying it works better for finding out how to scale it correctly to fit around a real human chest, and not for height. Since I don't think any of us are built like Master Chief, increasing the scale of the entire thing so it fits around your chest well will also effect the height of the shoulder peaks, and how low the ab-plate goes. Just something to keep in mind.

My torso looks great in terms of proportion to my height, but if i were to build it again with the new scaling system, I think it would look a little big, although it would fit around my chest.

Ya gettin' me? ;)

shadow8136 said:
u should try umm... robogenesis's way how its already the scale of 86.00000 and all you have to do is replace it with ur height in inches!
sounds like a great idea better than trying it over 50milli0n times with other scalin stratagies!
yea, i tryed. i cant get it to work. :( dunno why.

Keegan said:
:(
The Arbie Files you sent me arent compatible with Sketchup...

3ds plz? Hehe,
heh, ok, ill convert em if i get a chance today.

Nicktendo said:
No, it works. I'm just saying it works better for finding out how to scale it correctly to fit around a real human chest, and not for height. Since I don't think any of us are built like Master Chief, increasing the scale of the entire thing so it fits around your chest well will also effect the height of the shoulder peaks, and how low the ab-plate goes. Just something to keep in mind.

My torso looks great in terms of proportion to my height, but if i were to build it again with the new scaling system, I think it would look a little big, although it would fit around my chest.

Ya gettin' me? ;)
ohhhh, i getcha. hmm, ill look into workin out a scaling method for that.

crackhead09 said:
i hate to bring it up but hows the MK V holding up?
:D its gud. it wont be long, i promise. :D

kyzzzle360 said:
THANKS FLYING SQUIRL :lol:
hahaha, thanks. :D o_O :lol:

glad to hear it turning out well!

i got more paper, now i can work on my other projects! :D

The HD torso is actually not too difficult, and im really glad. Hopefully i will be able to fit a chest perm on it too!

WOO HOO!!!

rvb4life said:
glad to hear it turning out well!
i got more paper, now i can work on my other projects! :D
The HD torso is actually not too difficult, and im really glad. Hopefully i will be able to fit a chest perm on it too!
WOO HOO!!!
same here on the perms!

Ya, the HD torso isn't that hard, it's just the time consumption that gets me lol. I haven't been able to work on it lately, and I hope to get more done this weekend. My goal is to have ALL of the armor pieces pepped before summer so I have all summer to resin/glass to my heart's content. Its not warm enough yet to do so.

3/21/08
WAHHHHHH~~~~!!!
I scaled my armor to my size but i cant fit the pieces into their page no matter how i rotate it!!!
argg!!! help me :mad:
btw
i cant remember from the last time i made a pep armor, uhhhhh. When we print it and it asks us to print them to adjusted scale do we yes or no?

kyzzzle360 said:
3/21/08
WAHHHHHH~~~~!!!
I scaled my armor to my size but i cant fit the pieces into their page no matter how i rotate it!!!
argg!!! help me :mad:
btw
i cant remember from the last time i made a pep armor, uhhhhh. When we print it and it asks us to print them to adjusted scale do we yes or no?
Are you sure you did the scale right? Because you'd have to be bigger than MC for them not to fit on the paper. (Or are they not scaled to MC size? I can't remember.) I don't really know how to help there... Take a screenshot perhaps?

Don't print to adjusted scale. Don't print at all if it says that. Go to File > Printer Setup and ensure that the printer's paper orientation matches that of what you're printing. (Landscape or Portrait) After you fix that, it shouldn't ask anymore.

And no hissy fits... I mean... Really? :cautious:

squirll is i was you i wouldent do the upper arm bacause robo just made one and it looks really nice i would just go with the one with the next amount of votes.... just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back