Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everythings looking nice :D . I'll be making that Mk V eventually.

P.S. What's with the space monkey thing? I don't watch much TV or movies...

EDIT: Wow. 900 posts. That's a lot :p

CommanderFluffy said:
wow squirrel this stuff is amazeing. how do you find the time to do all this... i have half a sniper made and theres no jaw to my helmet cause i never printed it. but how can you find the time? i dont have any time for this stuff as often anymore
heh, the problem is i dont, thats why its taking so long to finish the suit. :( glad you like the models thoe. :)

Robogenisis said:
Everythings looking nice :D . I'll be making that Mk V eventually.

P.S. What's with the space monkey thing? I don't watch much TV or movies...

EDIT: Wow. 900 posts. That's a lot :p
oh space monkey-> "shaved like a monkey, ready to be shot into space! SPACE MONKEY!!"

he's talking about the first mokey that was shot into space. it pulled a lever, pushed a button and died. it didnt understand why it had to do it but it did what it was trained to do and because of its sacrifice men were able to go into space so on and so forth.
its basicly sacrificing yourself for the greater good and all that.

the way i was talking about it was that if a number of people wanted to work on something, we wouldnt have full credit if any but the community would have another HD Mrk VI model to complain about being hard.:lol:

whooh!!! 900 posts!!!! cookies for all

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd gladly help, but without the base models best i could do is offer ref shots and unfold :cautious:

Head on over to the noob forum and u'll find a farscape pistol I unwrapped
^ yey for self advertising

Il help unfold somthing if you want me to mr squirrilie! And keep up the awesome work! Cand wait till the mkV is done!

Datahar said:
I'd gladly help, but without the base models best i could do is offer ref shots and unfold :cautious:

Head on over to the noob forum and u'll find a farscape pistol I unwrapped
^ yey for self advertising
kewlaboola! well do u have a 3d edit program r sumtin?

smilie120 said:
Il help unfold somthing if you want me to mr squirrilie! And keep up the awesome work! Cand wait till the mkV is done!
okeyday, well if i get somethin done ill send it ur way. nice progreass on d models bdw!!! speaking of mrk v i better check how the testings going, havnt heard much back...

-----------------

no models im afraid. :( buisey buisey buisey. work, collage life etc. ill be finished collage soon thoe so ill be able to get back to models then. :) oh,oh,oh, a quick up date on the gf, i think i told u alread that she's a model but i just found out yesterday she can do the splits XD:lol: v flexable.
anyhu, if anyone has any problems with scaling any of the models jus gimme a shout n ill try help you out.

oh and anyone who's used the torso scaling method can i haz update as to weather it worked?

FS

flying_squirl said:
kewlaboola! well do u have a 3d edit program r sumtin?

Seasoned 3DS Max 9er (I hope :p )
I've been wanting to contribute some hd models but didn't want to tread on ur feet :D

Splits? Flexibilty is always good :D

I dont have enough paper for more projects ATM, so you take your time.

I have a progress thread anyway, you can check it out there. Do good in college, we come second to that.

Damn. This hd torso pdo is something else. Ive been at it since 3 this afternoon, and in the 8 hours Ive been working on it, I can say Ive only finished 1/8th. This'll take all week. But it looks superb.

Finished my/your torso today. Well, the paper model anyway. All looked well until the very last step of putting the two halves together around me to see if it fit. Shoulders look great, as does the chest, but the sides where the two pieces meet is too small. :( It matches my height, but I've got a broad build. Still, there is no way I am redoing this torso. Since it looks great proportionately to my height, I'm keeping it the way it is, but I'll have to mod it a bit to fit around me.

Datahar said:
Seasoned 3DS Max 9er (I hope :p )
I've been wanting to contribute some hd models but didn't want to tread on ur feet :D
hehe, dont worry, mah toes are small and squirly. XD max 9er eh? did u get the pm?

rvb4life said:
Splits? Flexibilty is always good :D

I dont have enough paper for more projects ATM, so you take your time.
I have a progress thread anyway, you can check it out there. Do good in college, we come second to that.
XD ah did check it out. looking gud. :) collage is at a break atm so im kinda back for a bit. :)

drgon47 said:
Damn. This hd torso pdo is something else. Ive been at it since 3 this afternoon, and in the 8 hours Ive been working on it, I can say Ive only finished 1/8th. This'll take all week. But it looks superb.
hahaha, yea, sorry about that. glad u like it. :D any progress pics?

crackhead09 said:
so why is this topic finding its way to page 2?
heh, i havnt been able to get on here propperly cuza collage n then i was wonderin how far back it'd fall. XD thanks for bumping it thoe.

Nicktendo said:
Finished my/your torso today. Well, the paper model anyway. All looked well until the very last step of putting the two halves together around me to see if it fit. Shoulders look great, as does the chest, but the sides where the two pieces meet is too small. :( It matches my height, but I've got a broad build. Still, there is no way I am redoing this torso. Since it looks great proportionately to my height, I'm keeping it the way it is, but I'll have to mod it a bit to fit around me.
"BLAAAAAARG" ohman that sucks. did i give you an assembled height for it? :\ dang! well atleast it shouldnt be too hard to mod. good idea assembling it that way!!!

*question* Is the ral partha letter sized scaled to spartan mc scale or to regular human scale??
40 cm sorta matchs my size i measure it out pulling a string from where i guess the high part of the torso would be to the beginning abdomen.
btw. im 5'8 and im a bit unsure for the torso.

and noobie question for pep
uh when you go into adjust scale and it has that centimeters on the box would it be safe to put the height of the torso piece in cm? and when its giving a measurement, does the measurement start from the highest vertex within the armor to the lowest vertex?

kyzzzle360 said:
*question* Is the ral partha letter sized scaled to spartan mc scale or to regular human scale??
40 cm sorta matchs my size i measure it out pulling a string from where i guess the high part of the torso would be to the beginning abdomen.

uh when you go into adjust scale and it has that centimeters on the box would it be safe to put the height of the torso piece in cm? and when its giving a measurement, does the measurement start from the highest vertex within the armor to the lowest vertex?

sorry in advance if you cant understand my q's. its like 3am im procrastinating on hw at the same time.

Be careful of the double post.

And yes, his letter sized file (for the HD helmet) is scaled.

And could you be clearer on you second question with vertex?

kyzzzle360 said:

as regards the height, yup, its the lowest to the heighest points on the model. :) not...quite... sure what the rest ment.

now, on getting the assembled height mesurement you need, you'll need to get this mesurement in cm:
LeonidasMonument2.jpg

this mesurement

and then add about 2-4 cm for padding and breathing room and get the assembled height off the chart then add it into pep.:)

20 cm across – 25.25 cm high

25 cm across – 31.35 cm high

30 cm across – 38.50 cm high

35 cm across – 44.42 cm high

40 cm across – 50.41 cm high

45 cm across – 56.75 cm high

50 cm across – 62.80 cm high

TAHDAHHHHH!!!!!!

FS :)

Yey! I did get your PM, sorry about the absense, just had to finish a website off for a client, work shal commence immedietly ;)

flying_squirl said:
"BLAAAAAARG" ohman that sucks. did i give you an assembled height for it? :\ dang! well atleast it shouldnt be too hard to mod. good idea assembling it that way!!!

No, I printed and started this thing months ago when you first released it. I've just been picking away at it ever since. What I did was find the assembled height with Robogenisis' basic chest model and applied that to yours.

A note to others:
I just quickly tried the new FS scaling method, and I agree it's a great method to find the scale to the model will fit around your chest, but it adds almost 5 inches to the assembled height I have right now, which IMO is too much. I've said it before, none of us (at least I think) are built like super heroes, so it's not going to fit us like it fits the Chief. If you go about it the way I did, (using Robo's model and inputting your height, and using that assembled height for the FS model) it will be fantastically proportioned to your height, but probably not your build. Scale it the FS way, and the bare model will fit around your body, but don't be surprised if it looks too tall in other places. (Keep in mind how high/low the chest piece is. The chest stays high, and so does the diaper. ;) )

Squirl, if you have the Arbiter 3ds file, I'd really appreciate if I could get that. I need the Armor files off them. I cant edit it in Sketchup without the 3ds or dwg or whatever it is. Thanks.

flying_squirl said:
RIGHT!! well i finaly got some time and i did some mesurements of the torso. now, what i usesd was the mesurements from pit to pit as ilistrated below so if you want to scale it to urself, get this mesurement, get the relivent hight and then put that into the 'assembled hight' box in pep.
LeonidasMonument2.jpg

this mesurement

20 cm across – 25.25 cm high

25 cm across – 31.35 cm high

30 cm across – 38.50 cm high

35 cm across – 44.42 cm high

40 cm across – 50.41 cm high

45 cm across – 56.75 cm high

50 cm across – 62.80 cm high
if anyone whos good at maths wants to work out a larger chart please feel free but be warned the numbers vairy slightly in relation to one another cuza the way i worked em out.

NOTE: add about 4 cm to you 'pit to pit' mesurement for clothing and breathing space and then get the relevent height
Okay, plotted these values and did a linear fit (correlation = 0.9998). The resulting equation is the following:

<blockquote>AH = 1.247x(AD) + 0.595 (in cm)</blockquote>
where AH is the assembled height and AD is the total armpit distance (your measured armpit distance plus 2-4 cm). So even if your measurement is not listed on the table, the equation above should give you the required assembled height for your torso piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back