Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! I get through that part and look at it and think "what did I do wrong?" and get all mad at myself. I don't like the idea of having to fix my errors with bondo lol.

woot, i failed collage.
after working long and hard and giving up alot of free time i still failed. well, atleast i can get back to the fun things in life. im guna be workin on a hd needler and my CQB helmet for the next bit but feel free to ask questions cuz nao i haz free time n can answer. :D now to dig trhrough the unanswered posts and pms

------------

Shadow3944 said:
Thanks FS, helped a lot. :lol:
kewl, no problem. just outa curiosity, what helped?

Ryu 62 said:
Hey SF, like I promised here are some photos of the helmet I built from your files. I had to improvise a lot of stuff, but I did resin the whole thing, so its rock solid. I used tons of tissue paper on the inside instead of fiberglass, its seems to work pretty well. Sorry for the bad quality guys, I got to find my digital camera.

[...]

They fit perfectly in the side holes, and now I just need to do the wiring after I'm done everything. I'm going to put some fittings after the paint job, which me luck guys. Later days.
looding good. hows that tissue holding up? i was thinkin of doin sumtin simmilar with onea my projects. oh and was it tissue or crep paper?

death said:
Lol ok so I guess I'm pretty slow or just happened to not read the posts that said it or read your profile, but I just realized you lived in Ireland. Did you always live there? Because when I heard you talking on Xbox live you didn't seem to have an Irish accent. Also, what part are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I went on vacation there a few years back. Oh and nice helmet Ryu!

EDIT: Ok now that im pretty much done with the top part of the helmet, im noticing that the parts on top where there are little "ridges" seem to be at different angles. If you don't know what im talking about, its the highlighted areas in the picture. They aren't actually in the picture, but it shows where they are.

[attachment=4318:mchelmet016ss0.jpg]

They each seem to be at a different angle. Has anyone else noticed this?
yup, always lived here. heh, yea i get that alot, i like to say im 'well spoken' (not posh thoe cuz its different, kinda like over pronouncing vouls while pretending to have a hot potato in your mouth). i live in wicklow (ust to live in dublin but moved when i was 8), im near a village called kilbride. where'd you go on ur vacation? oh and yea, ide say ur right, i dont rember thinkin that i should alighn them, sorry. heh, i might revisit the revisit of the revisit... of the third version. XD

yeay, im back XD

any problems gimme a shout,

FS

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
flying_squirl said:
woot, i failed collage.
Well that sucks...sorry to hear it. I'm sure someone with your talents won't have to worry too much about it though. Glad to have you back.

Hey sorry to hear about college, what program were you in?

Its tissue paper, and i actually did two-three layers and its actually holding up quite well. BTW I couldn't get my hands on Bondo but I found the next best thing. Its a product called Polli Filla (that's what its called in Canada), and its really strong stuff.

Sorry to hear about your failing college, hope you do better next time if you try again. As for where I went, I was kinda all over the southern part. We landed in Shannon Airport, and visited a bunch of major places around the southern area. I went to the top of the Cliffs of Moher, drove through the Gap of Dun Lo (i think thats spelled right), we went through Cork, Limerick, Kilkenny, and if I'm not mistaken, Clare, to name a few. We went exploring in quite a few castles and falling apart churches that we probably should have stayed out of for our own safety and the fact they were probably privately owned XD

hmm.....now...when someone fails college, they arent usually too happy. Do you have a plan B?
maybe that plan B is making the Leg Models, since those are the only HD pieces left. :p
i hope you get out of this all right, because my parents would disown me if i flunked out of anything :(

EDIT: Gahd Dayum! I just got done reading the last....2 pages, and FS, i gotta tell ya, your life is in teh poop bowl right now. School, Work, Women, Wallet, jesus. But Hey! ramen noodles are cheap, right?

and they are delicious.....except for those crappy ones you buy in the dollar store.....

aah...i feel for ya buddy

Hey I checked my Canadian Tire and they had it but they don't sell it per foot, only in a large like 50 foot roll.
I went to an electronics supply store for it and bought just enough. Check yellowpages.ca for a local supplier ...or Home Depot and fix your leaky bathtub at the same time. ;)
Ryu 62 said:
kools thanks guys. BTW would they sell it at Canadian Tire?

hey guys. i had to bury my dog today. he was 16. ive had him for longer in my life then ive not had him

thanks for answering the question about the loome. :)

flying_squirl said:
hey guys. i had to bury my dog today. he was 16. ive had him for longer in my life then ive not had him

Wow, I feel for you buddy, you weren't kidding about how things have been for you lately!!! I hope things turn out better for you soon!!

BTW, did you get my PM??

Wow FS. Sorry to hear about burying your dog.

Mine was 13 when he died, but we replaced him fortunately.
Failing college isn't that fun either.

Take it easy for a while.

whoa man, sorry to hear about the rough times.

i finally got some time again to do some papakura building, and now I'm beginning my HD stuff. starting with your helmet... that's right,, this is my 6th helmet build.

1-halo2 model (too small)
2-halo2 model (threw away, wanted more detail)
3-my first custom MKVI helm finished all the way to fiberglass and paint.
4-My MKVI smooth helm V2 (got smashed by my cat :cautious: )
5-MKI smooth helm V2 (cut, scored, glued.. still have it, but its time for HD)
6-(cutting) final HD helm unfolded by bevbor, and now have hand cramps.

BTW i modified the bevbor file into letter, i like how he unfolded this one..

PS. Squirl, you need help organizing your first post?? its really confusing :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back