Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
aooo309 said:
anyone got like the best time to add the support struts?
like when you should at them.
you could stuff it with a old shirt, thats wha sigma did.

Last edited by a moderator:
aooo309 said:
anyone got like the best time to add the support struts?
like when you should at them.

I have an idea when it comes to making the new chest pieces, you could just make the front part because some people attach the front and back with straps and/or hinges, plus it saves time and paper, but i am not saying you shouldnt make the complete file with front and back

just an idea being thrown out

Macattack64 said:
I don't know if this has been covered, but is the default H3 HD Torso at Master Chief's size? or what is it defaulted at?
yea know... i dont know. i havnt acuialy looked at it in a while, im still pissed off with it. anyone know?

Nicktendo said:
That you do. It's a very valid point I don't think a lot of people grasp. :rolleyes
hahaha, yea.

feardrake said:
true, true

Spartan 110 said:
I have an idea when it comes to making the new chest pieces, you could just make the front part because some people attach the front and back with straps and/or hinges, plus it saves time and paper, but i am not saying you shouldnt make the complete file with front and back

just an idea being thrown out
do you mean for the perms or just to use a low rez one for the back n high detail one for the front? sounds plausable ether way. :)

Scooterkid said:
So if your torso scaling method was wrong, how should we scale it?
emm... thats a very good question, im glad you asked that....

:unsure:

...im not sure. ill check around if i get time n post up here how other ppl did it.

if anyone whos scaled it succesfully read this, i can knowz hao?

EDIT:bdw, just to let you all know, im guna be tied up for the next 4-5 weeks so expect to continue seeing a great deal of hardly any of me. sorry dudes. family, collage, work... relationships(or sudden lack of) are gettin in the way(in that order too oddly enough).

oh and rember folks, no one will care what you think unless you have a realy high post count, on this site it's the only thing that counts!! rember: "post count before attatude" XP:lol:

flying_squirl said:
if anyone whos scaled it succesfully read this, i can knowz hao?
Sure can. I've mentioned it before in this thread, but for those who can't find it, I'll write it again.

I just used Robo's method. His models are scaled so all you have to do is input your height (in inches) to figure out your scale. Well I just took the assembled height from Robo's basic MKVI torso and used it with the FS HD model. In my opinion, it worked great. It is tight in the chest, but that's because I don't have a 'V' shaped torso like MC and other super heroes. Aside from that, it matches my height perfectly.

So if you want to take care of that tight-chest, (might not be a problem if you're really skinny) add a few inches to your height before finding the scale through Robo's models. But remember, this very well may make it too big looking, so build the size testers! I, for one, think a little modification on my part to get it to fit around my chest is better than having a piece that looks too big.

Another tip that was pointed out (I can't remember by whom, please take credit!) was that there's a support strut that goes across the tightest part of the chest, so if you're worried about it being tight, measure the width of your chest, at the widest spot of your ribs, and make sure that piece (shown in this pic) is at least that big.
[attachment=4065:snap0129.png]

flying_squirl said:
oh and rember folks, no one will care what you think unless you have a realy high post count, on this site it's the only thing that counts!! rember: "post count before attatude" XP:lol:
Don't listen to him! He's drunk on CHEESE! (Anyone who gets that reference wins my respect.)

Nicktendo said:
Don't listen to him! He's drunk on CHEESE! (Anyone who gets that reference wins my respect.)

That probably the best moment I saw on Scrubs, ahh Scrubs, so simple, so funny.

Ohhhh, I really need to get working again. I want to have my costume finished by halloween, but at this point it may not get done. I still only have half of the HD torso assembled in paper, I'm thinking of remaking my helmet, and the left bicep is about 1/3 assembled in pep. It just got warm enough to actually work with resin, so either I shoot for next halloween, or I work my butt off all summer. I think it will probably go towards me working my butt off, and then failing to meet the deadline lol!

EDIT: OMG ITS ON THE SECOND PAGE! Lol, anyway, I measured my head for the HD helmet and I was wondering how many cm. you would say I should add to be safe. Also, FS, your inbox is full again lol.

hey dudes, sorry i havnt been around much as of late. alot of things have come together in a bad way. my grandad (who was a MAJOR influince on my life) passed away on wednsday, gf broke up with me thursday (by text), saterday the replacement computer crashed super style and took all the files (including all my collage work) with it, my grandads funeral is on monday and i have a second-last assesment on wednsday which i now have no work to show for.

oh and i lost my wallet

as i said, alot of things all coming together like some sort of... something... thats... not... very plesent... at all.

anyway, thats why im not here too much

ill empty a bitta space in my inbox but i mightnt be able to get back to you for a bit so it would prolly be better to ask in the thread so other people might be able to help.

if you REALY (and i mean 'REALY' in the 'this is your last resort cuz youve tryed everything else' sence) need to contact me quickly, email me at david.mulreany@gmail.com

gon tu sort owt mah life. brb

FS

Ya, sorry about your losses and hope you find your wallet, manage with the files, etc. Good luck! Dancing banana to cheer you up!

FS you're a great guy...GREAT guy, don't worry these things will pass.
Very sorry to hear about your Grandad, & you'll find a better GF who appreciates you more, it's all in the learning process of what's really important in life.

flying_squirl said:
hey dudes, sorry i havnt been around much as of late. alot of things have come together in a bad way. my grandad (who was a MAJOR influince on my life) passed away on wednsday, gf broke up with me thursday (by text), saterday the replacement computer crashed super style and took all the files (including all my collage work) with it, my grandads funeral is on monday and i have a second-last assesment on wednsday which i now have no work to show for.

oh and i lost my wallet

as i said, alot of things all coming together like some sort of... something... thats... not... very plesent... at all.

anyway, thats why im not here too much

ill empty a bitta space in my inbox but i mightnt be able to get back to you for a bit so it would prolly be better to ask in the thread so other people might be able to help.

if you REALY (and i mean 'REALY' in the 'this is your last resort cuz youve tryed everything else' sence) need to contact me quickly, email me at david.mulreany@gmail.com
gon tu sort owt mah life. brb

FS

I've notice for a while now, bad things seem to like to hit anyone all at once. Sorry to hear about your Granddad. I also just lost another GF. Seems like they enjoy the company, but don't want to stick around.

Keep you chin up and your mind busy. I'll see you around, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back