Halo 3 Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skullcandy Girl said:
Is there maybe a chance that this guy (and others) played the **** out of their Halo 3 and 360's which lead to the crashing? I'd just want Microsoft to give me a new system and game. Shooting doods isn't worth $5,000,000... just buy a Wii :D I kid I kid.... even though it is an awesome system :D

According to Sean, he has daily problems of the same nature this guy has in his claims, but that's what I thought at first too.

-Magnum

PS- Yes the Wii is awesome, and I just realize something other day. When I bought the Rock Star kit, I spent the same amount of money that a new Wii costs. How sad is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
23Magnum said:
According to Sean, he has daily problems of the same nature this guy has in his claims, but that's what I thought at first too.

-Magnum

PS- Yes the Wii is awesome, and I just realize something other day. When I bought the Rock Star kit, I spent the same amount of money that a new Wii costs. How sad is that?

Hmm, well I haven't heard of anyone personally having Issues, but that's just here so globally I have no clue (minus what Sean said). EH different strokes for different folks, Wii's are once again impossible to find, they sold 650,000 in the last week XD I had to stand in Line at the Nintendo World store in Rockefeller to get one for my birthday and no where else in NYC had em and that was in July X( I've only seen them on the shelf once in the Nintendo store since then and that was in October.

I still want the Halo Edition 360, soooooooo hot those are :D

Skullcandy Girl said:
Hmm, well I haven't heard of anyone personally having Issues, but that's just here so globally I have no clue (minus what Sean said). EH different strokes for different folks, Wii's are once again impossible to find, they sold 650,000 in the last week XD I had to stand in Line at the Nintendo World store in Rockefeller to get one for my birthday and no where else in NYC had em and that was in July X( I've only seen them on the shelf once in the Nintendo store since then and that was in October.

I still want the Halo Edition 360, soooooooo hot those are :D

We don't have problem with Wii systems supply. I've seen a few in Best Buy everytime I go in, but they might go missing more often around this time of the year.

I would like one of the special edition 360's as well, but I want the bigger hard drive and it doesn't match the rest. Oh well.

-Magnum

I have never once seen a Wii in a store...ever.

Shame too, cause the wife and I really want one. Now I could just order one through our games distributor at work, but I'm kinda stuck on the principle of the matter. How can you sell games for a console that you can't keep in stock?

Thing is about all of this is that alot of this marketing stuff is just designed to drive up the cost..

Back to the subject, I think that anyone in my situation with the 360 just wants an explanation and a possible solution for the problem. There no reason why brand new consoles and brand new discs should coutinuously fail like this.

I suspect shoddy disc burning... it may not be Microsoft or Bungie's fault. I've noticed several of our discs have an uneven 'grain' to them..

Sean Bradley said:
Back to the subject, I think that anyone in my situation with the 360 just wants an explanation and a possible solution for the problem. There no reason why brand new consoles and brand new discs should coutinuously fail like this.

I suspect shoddy disc burning... it may not be Microsoft or Bungie's fault. I've noticed several of our discs have an uneven 'grain' to them..

Related,
I think I remember someone on here somewhere saying about how their Halo 3 disc got all floppy and flexible after a few hours of running it in their 360. Something about using a different material for the discs. Not sure but perhaps it's related.

Unrelated,
Sean, about the Wii, you should take a trip up here and snag a Wii from one of the stores around here. I swear a few weeks ago, when I got TimeShift from Best Buy in Muncy, they had a few Wii's sitting there. There were also a dozen or more PS3's, hehe. I'm sure that might of changed due to the Black Friday sales and stuff, but I could look into it for ya.

-Magnum

My friend said he just restarts his and waits for it to turn on, the puts in halo 3...or something like that...

I'm on my 4th (and last, hopefully) 360. I get DREs for many games, not just H3. Gears, Lego SW, GHII, GHIII...
I think in order for this guy to win his lawsuit, he's going to have to prove that it's ONLY Halo3 that's doing it, and that it's doing it on the majority of discs.
Personally, I think it's more of a problem with the 360 - I know a guy that's gone through 11 of them (Sithlord77). I think that MS did a little rushing to get the box out before everyone else. But I still love it and wouldn't give it up for anything. My Wii, on the other hand... is sitting there waiting for Force Unleashed...

well, one of my friends had a tv that worked fine... until halo 2 came out. it went to Tv heaven. and my bro in law has a 1st gen 360 that works perfectly fine.

I dont think MS will replace EVERYONES system thats broken down but I do think they should put put a patch. Sure they get the bad rep but the good one to that they are addressing the problem and that they are trying to fix it.

BTW ive only seen a wii in person once b4. It was when Assassins creed came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back