HALO 3 Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShArK said:
Uniform page..

Have a look in this thread!.Post #153..Theres a high res of the insignia!...I wasnt going to pop up the pic as i dont know what people would say!..LOL

That may work. I think the insignia is from the X-Box Live rankings, but it is distinctive enough to be recognized as Halo, but still recognizable as a military rank. May need to trim the fat, though. Four grades for each officer rank is a bit much. BTW, I edited some rank insignia into my post on the ranks. That UNSC logo looks great. You are wicked quick with photoshop. Could you do a gold version as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok as the pics from ingame show...There is not much detail on the cap badges...More a solid shape!..Like this..

unscredogoldrs5.jpg

ShArK said:
Ok as the pics from ingame show...There is not much detail on the cap badges...More a solid shape!..Like this..

unscredogoldrs5.jpg

Looks great! A little resizing and some heat transfer paper and I'll be in business. I ordered two 8-point utility covers this morning. On my way to bein' a Marine! :lol:

Superb....

Didnt see my customer today...shes been coming in at random times not like clockwork anymore..next time i see her il ask her...i have my bungie pin on me at work just incase!

Think il have to go order a Cover too!

ShArK said:
Superb....

Didnt see my customer today...shes been coming in at random times not like clockwork anymore..next time i see her il ask her...i have my bungie pin on me at work just incase!
Think il have to go order a Cover too!

I would just put yours in with my second order (I have a friend who wants a couple.) and have you just chip in for the cost of the cover, but the shipping to the UK would be FAR more than the cover is worth. I'm sure that, with the popularity of airsoft over there you'll be able to find an 8-point OD cover for a decent price.

Shipping By USPS for an item like that will be Cheap...I buy alot from ebay!...

I cant find any in my size on ebay! :eek:

med_gallery_3419_8_1391.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts as to what the white oval on the back of the utility cover is? Personally, I'm stumped. Nametag, maybe?

I'd say a name tag, as the helmut has names printed on the back. At least the Halo 1 ones do. I've just gotten a semi-legal copy of Halo PC, and have just finished the campaign on easy. Am working on the other dificulties, but I'm really not good.
Anywho, playing through, I've got the uttermost respect for Marines now.

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
med_gallery_3419_8_1391.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts as to what the white oval on the back of the utility cover is? Personally, I'm stumped. Nametag, maybe?

A friend of mine had an excellent idea as to what that is. He thinks it may be a cateye, which is a reflective marker for identification and location purposes. They also reflect IR so they're visible under night vision goggles. Just a thought.

Just had a quick play around with some alternative headgear..

Royal Marines Beret into a UNSC Marine Beret..

dscf6109tv3.jpg

ShArK said:
Just had a quick play around with some alternative headgear..

Royal Marines Beret into a UNSC Marine Beret..

dscf6109tv3.jpg

I like it! Do they mention anything about headgear in the books? I think a black beret would be appropriate for ODST's. Hell, they can't wear the helmet all the time. The green wouldn't work to well in the US. Green berets have an obvious connotation. Ah, well. Looks cool, though. BTW, where'd the flash come from?

Black, red, beige, green, blue, camo, grey, orange, terracota, aquamarine, purple, yellow, white, claret (?) berets are all used by one miliarty force or another. So I think that avoiding colours to aviod assosiation wouldn't work. You choose a colour, and hope for the best.
Anywho, the beret looks intreging.

I kind of like the multicam. I don't really think digital camo is the way to go. Somethign tells me multicam washed with every normal laundry load for a few weeks would take on the right amount of lightening and fuzzy white edges the game models have
http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...3e706c494aac2bf
This has promise, too, but it's a little *too* tightfitting. I personally might end up just getting a set of multicam BDUs and taking them in a bunch.

helios said:
Black, red, beige, green, blue, camo, grey, orange, terracota, aquamarine, purple, yellow, white, claret (?) berets are all used by one miliarty force or another. So I think that avoiding colours to aviod assosiation wouldn't work. You choose a colour, and hope for the best.
Anywho, the beret looks intreging.
My concern is that the green beret is SO recognizable as US Army Special Forces. On the other hand, wearing a green beret in Halo marine gear would hardly lend itself to mistaken impressions.

I think Your Guys Green Berets are a tad darker than our Marines!

The Badge is a standard Bungie badge...

The books do not mention berets from what i can remember as most of it is all combat based, it just describes fatigue caps.

Im also thinking Multicam more now...And Vrogy your correct the cheaper stuff does Fade alot when popped in with normal sundries!..

ShArK said:
I think Your Guys Green Berets are a tad darker than our Marines!

The Badge is a standard Bungie badge...

The books do not mention berets from what i can remember as most of it is all combat based, it just describes fatigue caps.

Im also thinking Multicam more now...And Vrogy your correct the cheaper stuff does Fade alot when popped in with normal sundries!..
I checked into it, and you are indeed correct. The US Army Special Forces beret is darker than the Royal Marines beret. I managed to find the badge for sale online. Funny how it fits a beret perfectly. I wonder...

It would be odd for the UNSC NOT to have berets, seeing as most of the world's militaries use them in some capacity right now. I think faded multicam may do the trick, though I generally try to avoid the cheap stuff. I'm just too hard on clothing and equipment to buy cheap. BTW, ShArK, do you have any military service under your belt, or do you just really look the part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back