Rite then Marines...

What camo pattern are we going for?

Multicam?..
Urban Digital?,
Urban Standard?
Urban Subdued?
Olive Green?

Any other?

Id have to agree..I do like multicam...and The OD is good for the "on base" look the "working uniform"...and its canon...if you've read Contact Harvest.

ShArK said:
Id have to agree..I do like multicam...and The OD is good for the "on base" look the "working uniform"...and its canon...if you've read Contact Harvest.

OD may work. It means we don't have to explain why we're wearing multicam with OD Utility Covers. You can see the utility cover worn by sergeants in-game (ex. SgtMaj Johnson, GySgt Reynolds.)
GySgt_Reynolds.jpg

usmcodnoemb.jpg

BTW, a Utiltiy Cover is the 8-point "hat" currently worn by the USMC. It is properly worn creased and peaked, which gives it the sharp look.

Please, don't get me started on army digital camo. That stuff is glow in the dark crap. Horribly ineffective except for on one couch:
ACU-couch-web.jpg

But I digress. Three pages of camo may be a bit much. Maybe we should move on to something else.

-Semper Fi

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, three pages on Camo is pretty over the top, but at least now we have a reasonable consensus on what Camo is Canon/appropriate/accurate.
We're/I'm going for OD (Am I right in assuming that OD is Olive Drab?) FrankenTops, with BDU/ACU style trousers. It seems to be the most Canon/appropriate/accurate.

helios said:
Yes, three pages on Camo is pretty over the top, but at least now we have a reasonable consensus on what Camo is Canon/appropriate/accurate.
We're/I'm going for OD (Am I right in assuming that OD is Olive Drab?) FrankenTops, with BDU/ACU style trousers. It seems to be the most Canon/appropriate/accurate.

Three pages is totally fine- we are trying to make something accurate here, and the fabric parts are a huge component of a marine costume.

I'll third/fourth the OD, though maybe a digital camo with a dark green+black dye job wouldn't look that bad..

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
Please, don't get me started on army digital camo. That stuff is glow in the dark crap. Horribly ineffective except for on one couch:
ACU-couch-web.jpg

But I digress. Three pages of camo may be a bit much. Maybe we should move on to something else.

-Semper Fi
Dont worry about that the cammo getting changed within 5 years

The only time ACUs work is the middle east and that couch. But i have to say the ACUs tops is a big improvement over the BDUs tops.

Have Been working out my to buy list... for the easy bits this is what i have so far..

OD BUD's in ACU cut.
OD USMC utility cover.
x2 Black Molle thigh panels.
OD Pouches..x2 on the right drop leg (double rifle).
x2 more double rifle mag pouches for the belt.
One Butt pack..Molle style.
Black security/duty belt.
Black P.A.C.A style Low profile body armor.
OD or Black Under armor top to make a Franken BDU top (possibly).
405th tee?..

Well, I think ANY questions about what to use for Marine camo have been answered. It was an enlightening discussion and it was rather cool that Adam dropped the ACU bit. Now I need to figure out what my next step is. This may take a while, I'm gonna be gawking at Adam's marine armor for a long time. -Semper Fi

Spartan 051 said:
UNSC_Leatherneck i wouldnt count this topic completely

There is still more to look at

Well for clarification, the ACU is just what offset the armor and color nicely. There are still other patterns being considered for our sets of Marine Armor... nothing has been set in stone, and nothing as far as "the" standard. Right now the Marine armor is just our armor... I like what I saw going on in these discussions... found it helpful to follow along, and not that its public that we built a Marine set, I would love to contribute to this thread.

Surprised no one noticed Adam and I, as well as several others that contributed sitting in this thread reading... we were discussing things in the background...

But I'd like to see this keep going. At one point I think there were 5 of us secretly working, and we were all sitting in the Marine threads...

Like Adam said... there are still some issues that we hope to fix, things we want to change or add or take away... but we are satisfied so far with the way its shaping up. When I get home I will take some photos of the Costume and show you what we came up with... keep in mind, some of it was on the fly so we could take some photos, in no sense of the word is this Costume final.

ACU caps May work well for the grunts...for Staff Sgt's up a OD cover looks just as good it will show a bit of rank as it where...

Im still thinking along the lines of an Urban pattern...Just trying to get it closer to the game with some elements of Weta's designs.

Ive found a Digital Marpat thats slightly different to others ive shown before..and its growing on me..
Urban Digi

Urgh choises...

ACU is growing on me...Ive owned it once already! kinda makes me wish i kept it now!

Spase said:
Surprised no one noticed Adam and I, as well as several others that contributed sitting in this thread reading... we were discussing things in the background...

Perhaps some people did notice that you paid a lot of attention to this thread... and that Adam spent an awwwwwwful lot of time looking at the Marine Reference pictures he posted.

And perhaps those people who noticed also decided that it was something better left not pointed out...

@RUZE... Lol... thanks for not busting the Bubble ;) I even had torso build pictures on my Flikr account that I forgot to set private one night... but no one noticed so i was in the clear.

@Thread... Also, the Camo pattern would obviously change from environment, to environment in real life... so as along as your not doing something silly... like wearing tan BDUs, and Hunter Green armor.... armor matching BDU's would work nicely. Plus, I said it once, but I will say it again... there are many different patterns through out the game.

ShArK said:
Ive found a Digital Marpat thats slightly different to others ive shown before..and its growing on me..
Urban Digi
This is similar to the camo pattern that I'm thinking of getting but for my ODST get-up. I'm thinking of getting the subdued digital urban version, like in the Landfall video.

<----EDIT: Hey, new rankings. Cool! Call me Gunny! :lol:

I have to own up I dont actually own a 360...What ive seen of Halo 3 is through screen shots and little bits of play at a mates house!

Spase said:
@Thread... Also, the Camo pattern would obviously change from environment, to environment in real life... so as along as your not doing something silly... like wearing tan BDUs, and Hunter Green armor.... armor matching BDU's would work nicely. Plus, I said it once, but I will say it again... there are many different patterns through out the game.

Well, not necessarily:

above-beyond-marines.jpg

These soldiers are wearing Desert BDUs and are wearing Forest Vests.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ral Partha @ May 13 2008, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is similar to the camo pattern that I'm thinking of getting but for my ODST get-up. I'm thinking of getting the subdued digital urban version, like in the Landfall video.

<----EDIT: Hey, new rankings. Cool! Call me Gunny! :lol:</div>
You wont be a gunny for awhile master sargent some were around 500 i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back