HALO 3 Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Mil service im afraid...Just Air cadets..

Been Airsofting for 13 years though...

I just know what im doing and take it just as serious to get the look right, mainly as homage to whoever i portray in my Airsofting..

As for Looking the part...I was A model for Airsoft International Mag for 3 years..

nextissuelj2.jpg

Well, the olive drab 8-point USMC-style caps arrived today. They ought to work well. There was a hitch, however. I don't know if it was the way I printed it or if I'm just missing something, but the iron-on transfer thing isn't working. I'm going to step back, reevaluate, rethink things, and clean some of the residue off the caps from trying to iron the image on. I'll have some more updates when I figure this out.

Assassin716 said:
UNSCFidelHat.jpg

heres Bungies fidel cap

i have this one and fits nicely, has about the right color, as for the symbol its a bit differnt
I've seen that one before, and it's a cool hat. The thing about it is that the fidel hat is the wrong hat for a Marine costume. The marines are wearing the USMC-style utility covers, like this:
usmcodnoemb.jpg

The utility cover is also known as the 8-point cover, due to the fact that the top of the hat is in the shape of an octagon. The utility cover also has a rectangular front panel, which gives it a crisp, military look. Here's a picture of SgtMaj Johnson from the game, for reference.
ilmH3_sarge_bustblk.jpg

I'm also quite perturbed at the situation. I have the adhesive residue from the transfer on the front of both caps and I have no idea if it will come off. They're only $6 apiece, but replacements will take quite a wile to be shipped to me. ARRRGH! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
ShArK said:
Any chance of a pic?
I'll try to get a pic of the hat up sometime today. I'm going to bed in a while here, so I'll take it when I get up. It doesn't have the logo on it and the cap isn't pressed, but I can show what it looks like.

UNSC_Leatherneck said:

huh, i know this is a little off topic but has anyone else noticed the way the halo 3 marine shoulder looks 'zakly like the shoulder of the SPI armour on the front of GoO? anyhu, sorry, back on topic

ShArK said:
Any chance of a pic?
By popular request, here are the pics of one of the 8-point utility covers I purchased. It isn't ironed and neatened out, but you can get an idea of the shape, just imagine it crisper. You can see that the transfer partially worked, but for the most part it was a mess. When I get everything squared away, I'll make sure to do a tutorial on how to do it. That and how to shape the utility cover correctly and the proper way to wear it. If wear it right, it looks SHARP! Sorry for the blurry first pic, I didn't really take my time and it's really hard to judge picture quality on that teensy little LCD screen.

100_0137.jpg

100_0134.jpg

Lt.Aljon said:
Wow,That's better than mine!!!
Dude, I think you've got the right idea with your armor. The pic isn't the best, but from what I can see, you've got some of the shapes right. If that helmet is all cardboard I say you did a heckuva job. I certainly would have had a time doing that from scratch. The BR isn't too bad either. For simple costume armor, rather than movie-quality stuff that costs a fortune, that looks good. Paint would definitely help it. As for the hat, I purchased that and had an interesting time with iron-on transfers. It's the first piece of my costume though. -Semper Fi

ooo yeah i see what you mean by the transfer not working to great!!

The Stuff i have to t shirts is slightly different.. Theres no glue involved.. you print the design on "paper" i can only describe as a cross between paper and PTFE tape...then you just cut out and iron on..

The logo is perfect!

ShArK said:
ooo yeah i see what you mean by the transfer not working to great!!

The Stuff i have to t shirts is slightly different.. Theres no glue involved.. you print the design on "paper" i can only describe as a cross between paper and PTFE tape...then you just cut out and iron on..

The logo is perfect!

That's what this is. I called the residue "glue" for lack of a better term. I'm going to try another brand of transfer paper, maybe that will make a difference.

EDIT: I am such an idiot. My friend picked up the transfer paper for me from Wal Mart. What happened is, the paper I have is for WHITE fabrics. I needed the transfer for DARK fabrics. She didn't pay attention when she picked it out and I didn't know to even look for it. I really hope that mess comes off the front, I don't want to waste 2 hats and a week of waiting for shipping. I agree, the logo is perfect. Great job on that man! BTW, check out my ODST fanfic in the Halo Universe Forum.

Alright, I know you guys haven't seen me around here lately, I just kind of lurk I guess? I have looked for hours over all the topics, I'm just not experienced enough to put in my two cents xD

Alright, so I am using this Christmas as a trick to get the non-pepakura items I need for the ODST armor. I do too many afterschool things to where I can't hold a job afterschool, however my friends can pay for their stuff when they need it.

Let me try and see if this is the base need for an ODST (I was going for a Halo 2 ODST, I think they just look better over the WETA):
Digital Woodland Camouflage
*or*
Subdued Urban Camouflage?
*or*
Multicam BDUs
-Have you officially decided on which one would you say?

OD 8-Point USMC Cover
Thigh holster for pistol
Jungle Boots *Black

I appreciate the effort guys, but C'MON! This thread has been dead for SIX MONTHS!

@Leatherneck_Marine I think you're a bit confused. ODST's wear mainly black. If you're referring to the Marines, you're on the right track. Tre_Battle did a marine pep a while back, I haven't made it yet, but it looks pretty good.

As for the camouflage pattern there have been several candidates. Multicam ranked high on the list, but it's pretty expensive. Woodland BDU, the current army ACU, and Desert MARPAT have all been used by various people for the marine camo. Weta used an as-yet unidentified pattern, possibly New Zealand DPM. For my marine stuff I am using British Desert DPM. It seems to be the closest fit I can find to the 2-tone pattern and the coloration of the in-game uniform.

DSC02046.jpg

Missile_Pod_Mounted_2.jpg

Please, please, check the dates on a thread before you post. Necroposting is definitely frowned upon here. That is all.

well its kinda like a info for the marine gear

for my marine gear im going to use the woodland camo. to me it looks better but i might look more into it

Wow, I misread that date there, it was late at night when I was reading this

I also posted because no one had seemed to have come to an "official" decision on what the pattern should be. So I guess its a whatever-looks-best for everyone?

I was only slightly aware that the ODSTs only wore black, but I have always noticed a camouflage pattern with them. I see that WETA has them in all black whereas in-game, their armor seems an almost OD color, with woodland camouflage gauntlets?

Leatherneck_Marine said:
Wow, I misread that date there, it was late at night when I was reading this

I also posted because no one had seemed to have come to an "official" decision on what the pattern should be. So I guess its a whatever-looks-best for everyone?

I was only slightly aware that the ODSTs only wore black, but I have always noticed a camouflage pattern with them. I see that WETA has them in all black whereas in-game, their armor seems an almost OD color, with woodland camouflage gauntlets?
Well, nothing is official. You can do whatever you want. I just aim to get it as close to the game as possible while still having it plausable and "functional." I think you need to go back and take another look at the ODST's in the game.
gallery_3419_4_101937.jpg

It's not truly black, more like shades of grey, but it is certainly not OD. OD is more like what the marines wear.

ODST Marine said:
How about Australian Camo (Im Aussie, And it works well with our Bushes.)

canvas%20sample%20auscam%20.jpg

Or go to http://camo.henrikc.dk/ Its Got Every Camouflage of the World in it.
haha! i wish it would work with auscam... that would save me having to order BDU's from the US... but i don't think it would look right... although urban auscam would be pretty close.
Ill be getting MARPAT's for mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back