Halo 3/MLP, Marine/Royal Celestial Guard Helmet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTSDerpy

So...A con by the name of "Ponyville Ciderfest" is coming in October and this really means something to me; this was one of the first cons that I ever went to and I wanted to show my appreciation by making a helmet for a charity event. will post more pics as it progresses. Also, sorry if I seem inactive, Life has got doing several things at once and I'm just trying to tackle them one at a time.

Last edited:
Here's the two pics I'm using as reference...in terms of the final product. It's kind of a cross between these two:
Celestial guard.png newmarinehelmet.jpg

And this is what I got so far. This was roughly done in 4hrs. The height: 10''. Just getting the base done first before adding any more detail.
Pic 01.jpg Pic 02.jpg Pic 03.jpg

yeah you'll find lots of bronys here, have a group and everything. just no wars.

Really? Lots?! I thought there would be the occasional Brony/Halo cosplayer, but lots? Wow...out of the years I’ve seen here, there been, like, maybe two bronies at the most.

Last edited:
yeah before the site moved to here there was like 52 to 60 bronies in one thread lol they even had a table at cons, wish I new what happened to them because they had the cutie marks and everything, ever did I think Spartan bronies would be here but their they were.

The progress so far. The most difficult part was trying to get the raised frontal piece to match the same elevation all around. before i glued each section little-by-little, the middle piece and frontal were at the same height. As you can see, I raised it a bit and fixed the problem.
Pic 04.jpg Pic 05.jpg

Sorry for the long long LONG replay, but I had some things in my personal life that needed some MAJOR attending. So i got the "Fin-thing" done. What I did was that i cut out a general rough piece of paper of the fin and added paper to it to have it flush with the curvature of the helmet. I'm sure there was a simpler way, but I found it that this was the easiest for me.
Marine 01.jpg

What forgot to mention was that after I cut out the desired template, was that I cut it out on two "5mm" foam sheets, i believe. then glued some Popsicle sticks in between them for extra stiffness.
Marine 02.jpeg Marine 03.jpeg

Then I Caulked the entire thing to try and smooth everything out.
Marine 04.jpg

Gave it about 2-3 layers of "Plasti-dip" so I don't have to waste time "Prime Painting."
Marine 06.jpg Marine 05.jpg Marine 07.jpg Marine 08.jpg

I'm now taping some areas for it to be painted. I'll take some photos when the process is done.

I know I haven't posted in a while, but the good news is that I got the helmet completed before the big con. But I'll get to that later... Let's see how I finished it!!!

So what I did was that I taped of the fin, Ear piece, and the square piece under that and sprayed the helmet yellow. I forget what colors I used, but I will post it on here when I find them. All I know was that I sprayed the brighter yellow first and misted that a bit with a yellow/orange shade.
Pic 09 .jpeg Pic 10 .jpg Pic 11 .jpg

I then did the same for the fin and found this BEAUTIFUL shade of blue that wasn't too bright or too dark. Again, I'll post the name when I find the can.
Pic 12 .jpg Pic 13 .jpg Pic 14 .jpg

What I didn't post was that for the back holes I covered them up with some white foam and placed it inside the helmet. Here's the Helmet being auctioned off to a charity even that happened at the con. It was voice-auctioned by a famous person in the fandom who goes by the name "Dusty Katt." The helmet got auctioned $85.
Pic 15 .jpg

is it just me or do quite a few 405th members seem to like MLP too?
I mean.... I'm a full blown furry... I'm also in a halo discord server, and there are a surprisingly amount of furries there as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back