Halo 3 models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Hi all, I am looking to see if anyone has any halo 3 spartan models ripped, I am looking to print out some parts for a project that I am working on. I am sure some of you do not agree with ripping files from games but this would be the only way to move forward in this project. If anyone has this modelled or any files ripped from the game please throw them my way, does not need to be a specific spartan, just a multiplayer one. Thanks.

You may want to look at these files

You may want to look at these files

Thank you, but Im not looking for the armor pieces itself. Im looking for the actual character model or anything similar.

Thanks for the heads-up! Always happy to help :)
Thank you, this helped. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I am trying to print some replacement parts for my mcfarlane toys, and I assumed that they used the same files to print things as the game files. I swear I saw some models rigged with the hands like this. Thanks again, if anyone did have the McFarlane stuff modelled please throw them my way.

Attachments

• spartanhand.png
    spartanhand.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 170
Thank you, this helped. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I am trying to print some replacement parts for my mcfarlane toys, and I assumed that they used the same files to print things as the game files. I swear I saw some models rigged with the hands like this. Thanks again, if anyone did have the McFarlane stuff modelled please throw them my way.
Oh I see! I understand the confusion :) I hope you can find what you need! I focus mainly on preserving and archiving the 3D assets and sounds from the Halo games, so I don't have the toys sadly :/

Oh I see! I understand the confusion :) I hope you can find what you need! I focus mainly on preserving and archiving the 3D assets and sounds from the Halo games, so I don't have the toys sadly :/
no problem, thanks gain. It was either a hit or miss, though, it could be possible that the files mcfarlane used also had the original rigging and thats how they were printed. On another note, the only thing I found remotely close to the mcfarlane stuff is this model on thingiverse - Halo by ZioVbc

no problem, thanks gain. It was either a hit or miss, though, it could be possible that the files mcfarlane used also had the original rigging and thats how they were printed. On another note, the only thing I found remotely close to the mcfarlane stuff is this model on thingiverse - Halo by ZioVbc
I could be wrong, but I doubt the toys are ripped assets from the games, but rather original models made specifically for selling as toys and it would be hard to find their original files. One thing you might be able to do like you said is find a closely recreated version on thingiverse, or perhaps get someone to do some photogrammetry on an intact toy to get it's model from a 3d rendering of the 360 degree photos, but that seems overkill lol

I could be wrong, but I doubt the toys are ripped assets from the games, but rather original models made specifically for selling as toys and it would be hard to find their original files. One thing you might be able to do like you said is find a closely recreated version on thingiverse, or perhaps get someone to do some photogrammetry on an intact toy to get it's model from a 3d rendering of the 360 degree photos, but that seems overkill lol
I was considering getting someone to scan it to get the most exact modelling but nobody i know collects halo or keeps 3d scanners. As for the mcfarlane stuff it could go both ways, they have videos on youtube showing that they model their own figures but Im pretty sure they had something from their halo 3 stuff printed with the microsoft files. I read somewhere that they might share the file with you if you asked them but I couldnt tell if that was a joke or not.

I was considering getting someone to scan it to get the most exact modelling but nobody i know collects halo or keeps 3d scanners. As for the mcfarlane stuff it could go both ways, they have videos on youtube showing that they model their own figures but Im pretty sure they had something from their halo 3 stuff printed with the microsoft files. I read somewhere that they might share the file with you if you asked them but I couldnt tell if that was a joke or not.
It would be awesome if they would share the files! Though I doubt they would, unless you were to convince them that you wouldn't use the models for profit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back