Master Chief - Mjolnir - Mark 6 - Halo 3 - 3D printable armor files

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeSizzlac

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Hello all,

Just a generic question for those wiser than me. After an hour of searching and not coming up with results, I was wondering:

Has anyone made a 3D printable set of armor files for Halo 3 Master Chief?

I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if it has already been done but if it hasn't, do you guys have an interest in seeing one?

I can start with the high def and ultra high def pepakura files posted by Art Andrews and take it from there.

Update: 5/31/18

I uploaded my un-scaled files on thingiverse. This is not spliced up for the printer bed. It has both 2 versions of the same armor. Version 2 has increased mobility and I also fixed some geometry problems.

Update: 6/7/18:

I uploaded the chopped up files on thingiverse. These files should print on an 8x10x8 print bed no problem. It is currently sized to 5'10 185Lbs person.
Untitled21.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all,

Just a generic question for those wiser than me. After an hour of searching and not coming up with results, I was wondering:

Has anyone made a 3D printable set of armor files for Halo 3 Master Chief?

I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if it has already been done but if it hasn't, do you guys have an interest in seeing one?

I can start with the high def and ultra high def pepakura files posted by Art Andrews and take it from there.

Yea bro I have a guy who has them for sale for $300 for the full suit High poly game ripped files, DM me for more info. The guy is located on this site as well as an admin.

Looks good, i cant upload files to here from my computer for some reason. But they look almost identical minus a few errors on edges. You're converting pep to STL/OBJ?

How are you going to split the files so they'd fit in a printbed? It would be pretty cool if you did it so the part seams lined up with the detail lines.

Good news everyone (Dr. Farnsworth voice), each of the files are splicing pretty close to what I call a successful print with no major mishaps.

I redid the bicep and the boot because I wasn't getting the right print results but all looks good now.

Untitled8.jpg

You're converting pep to STL/OBJ?
You got it. Convert to .obj - import - Mess around with each file until it looks good enough. Test print to confirm that the gcode looks good.

How are you going to split the files so they'd fit in a printbed? It would be pretty cool if you did it so the part seams lined up with the detail lines.
I will split the files for my build kind of like I did buzz lightyear:

Buzz%20Chest%201.gif

If you want me to post those when I do it, I'm cool with that. I'm 5'10 185 and my chopped files will be to fit my height and build. Mine will be a little different from the ones pictured above. I like to increase mobility which means taking away parts of the armor.

I think once I finish these files, I won't chop them up because someone might want to resize them to their build first then chop it up to their print bed (which changes from printer to printer). I have an 8" by 10" by 8" print bed myself so mine are probably going to be spliced to those dimensions.

As a side note, I'm trying to incorporate my s8 phone into my left forearm so I don't have to carry it around.

Each stl file is anywhere from 16mb to 75mb. I'll get them up on thingiverse probably Monday or Tuesday when I'm happy with the final results.

Last edited:
OK, I did the best that I can do with the pepakura files and got the files uploaded.

Right now they are sized close to a 5'10" person. You can find the files on thingiverse. If you need an alternative download, you can find a .zip file here.

Enjoy!

I'll probably put a fully cut up, print bed ready, version later on Thingiverse. I'm looking forward to resizing mine and cutting out some of the mobility blockers.

Untitled9.jpg

Update - For fun, here is a picture of the forearm with the Galaxy S8 slot built in:

Untitled10.jpg

Untitled11.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I did the best that I can do with the pepakura files and got the files uploaded.

Right now they are sized close to a 5'10" person. You can find the files on thingiverse. If you need an alternative download, you can find a .zip file here.

Enjoy!

I'll probably put a fully cut up, print bed ready, version later on Thingiverse. I'm looking forward to resizing mine and cutting out some of the mobility blockers.

View attachment 255753

Update - For fun, here is a picture of the forearm with the Galaxy S8 slot built in:

View attachment 255887
View attachment 255888
I think that they look great. Looks like you know you’re way around blender. A big thank you for sharing with the 405th community. And that’s a big phone lol!!

Last edited:
I think that they look great. Looks like you know you’re way around blender. A big thank you for sharing with the 405th community. And that’s a big phone lol!!

I know right? I had to double check my measurements a few times with that phone. As I've been slicing up the files to fit on my printer bed, there are a few small errors I missed but am now rectifying. I'll have an updated download ready after I get through all the pieces.

So what are you doing to the models? Looks to me you're just adding a shell modifier and a turbosmooth modifier to the files.

I've been popping back in more lately!

But, the reason I ask if he used those modifiers is because the mesh can go wonky on sharp edges, so you can lose detail that way. There is a way to still use and preserve details as they're intended, but I only know how to do that in Max.

So what are you doing to the models? Looks to me you're just adding a shell modifier and a turbosmooth modifier to the files.

That's basically all I'm doing. Although in Blender's case, it's a solidify modifier and subdivision surface modifier. Adjust the look from there, Then I do a 3D print check to make sure that I don't have any bad edges, intersect faces, non-flat faces, etc.

the reason I ask if he used those modifiers is because the mesh can go wonky on sharp edges, so you can lose detail that way.

I'm starting with a Pepakura file. I haven't noticed a loss in detail but maybe that's because It's not the video game file.

Its more like edges that should be square are getting rounded out. In Max there's a way around that. In Max you can create smoothing groups by selecting faces and have them as one smoothing group. Then when you add the turbosmooth modifer you can have it smooth by smoothing groups which help preserve some of the more sharp edges.

The most notable one that sticks out to me is the waist piece. There are little square indentations that are getting some interesting geometry going on. I hope that helps explain what I'm talking about.

Its more like edges that should be square are getting rounded out.

I think I know what you are saying. There is a way to control that with Blender as well. To adjust, all I'll need to do is select the edges and increase the sharpness and that will prevent the rounding effect. Which boxes are you talking about, the ones to the left and right of the front cod on the top?

Untitled14.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back