halo 3 recon NOW FULL SUIT! wip by Spartansonny

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh halex, youdon't hate me. you are addicted like the rest of us and love it :) i have three projects in the works now, your rifle being the cause for one of them lol

okay okay, sorry for the lack of updates but it's been to cold to paint our do bondo work on any of my projects. but on that note i have been convinced to start a full suit due to kind words and lots of inspiration from a few builders. i am now gonna make a full MK VI with recon attachments in my way... ridicolous bondo work and all lol. i have started the new torso and am using flying squirrels file for this, adding the recon piece, and than gonna progress from there so i should be able to finish this by the time AZ COMIC CON comes around next year and head down south to maybe meet up with Roxy roo and Zercon (plus whoever else resides in Phoenix from the 405th... not sure who there is). will be a show process but it will be done.

big thanks to tigersgrace for the push to do this, Sara, zercon, cereal (for the tuts) and many many others. time to get to pepping until it warms up.

big thanks to tigersgrace for the push to do this, Sara, zercon, cereal (for the tuts) and many many others. time to get to pepping until it warms up.

OH man you're gonna make this grown man blush; but seriously, i just told you the truth. You're helmets are "beastmode", I just know your suit will be too! looking Foreward Unto the Don (<---play on words, hehehe) of this project!

i have been convinced to start a full suit due to kind words and lots of inspiration from a few builders. i am now gonna make a full MK VI with recon attachments in my way... ridicolous bondo work and all lol.

hells yes! this is going to be awesome :D

Holy crap...that looks amazing. Cant wait to see a full suit. I would maybe paint a silver grey with a golden color as under base. Show some wear down to the gold. If you could find a vibrant blue or electric blue...splatter that to mimic some blood. I have not been getting my email updates, and have been busy....so havent been here as must. Gotta get at my helmet...damn you work.:D

HOLY CRAP THIS HD STUFF!

now I know why i like LD versions of the helmets, i get to add the detail on my own and its faster for me lol. All i have pepped on this MK VI suit is the back piece which is probably the worst part from what i have seen. i am not happy with the ridged section so i might cut that out and replace it with foam to my liking.

555270_565320856829098_16107952_n.jpg

Sorry for the lacking on the updates but I have had alot of stuff on my plate these past couple weeks so it has been hard to try and get any work in. I am hoping that after this section on the back is done it flys pretty quickly as the rest of the suit is small peps compared to a helm or torso. And on top of it all we got snow in my town again. This cold weather thing stinks.

The MKVI Chest pep is a pain to build but it looks like you have the worse part of the pep done, it really don't look to bad in the pic but yeah I agree with you its easier to cut that area out and make the details out of craft foam, I used the 1/4" sheets and they worked perfect

Great looking pep brother; and to think I was complaining about mine. Having never built the mkvi myself I dont know what the worst would be but that looks like it could be it. Great job though, awesome as usual.

Glad to hear you decided to go all-out with this one! Have no doubt it will be amazing.

I don't know how far along you are on the torso, but there's another torso model (the one I used) by L3X that has floating faces for the top and bottom detail sections of the back. It gives you a nice base to work with so you can add whatever you'd like on there. The pectoral area is also very smooth and shouldn't need much bondo work. Just a thought!

thank you all for the kind words. yeah that back is a pain hyper and i an gonna cut it out and just use foam for that section, maybe change it around to match the helmet. i won't do you guys wrong :)

halex if i would have remembered i would have used the file L3X made for that reason lol

I must have missed it- but at what point did you cut out the front portion of the helmet underneath the visor? Just curious as to what you plan to do with it. A dual-layered visor would look so cool imo. :D

I must have missed it- but at what point did you cut out the front portion of the helmet underneath the visor? Just curious as to what you plan to do with it. A dual-layered visor would look so cool imo. :D

that's exactly the plan phixix, i just need to buy another matching visor. was thinking about just etching the look in there, not completely decided yet. i think i cut it out after your last post here.

sorry double post.

base coat of silver on after black primer applied
528879_566235383404312_1167093287_n.jpg

73345_566235166737667_409002995_n.jpg

I am doing a chipped paint job on this. using white as a main color and blue accent than gonna black wash it. the second coat is semi gloss black over the silver which is drying now. when it can be handled i will take pics and post. time to pep the torso some more and change things around on it soon.

Okay back quicker than I thought, had a heat lamp next to the paint lol. still drying but good enough to bring inside and set on the table to dry until tomorrow when i get home
69650_566277153400135_602735540_n.jpg

734298_566277250066792_107593632_n.jpg

556623_566277326733451_375213178_n.jpg

Once the paint dries completely i will wash off the toothpaste masking and reapply than start the white.

thanks sara :) i am getting impatient and want to start the white already to check out my job on the chipped paint and how my first time turns out lol. i am going to add a grungy blue stripe to it than clear coat it. aaaahhh the agony of waiting for paint to dry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back