halo 3 recon NOW FULL SUIT! wip by Spartansonny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good, and the scout looks to be coming along nicely already too :)
Thanks Sara, i needed a small break from the recon, the rebreathers gave me such a problem until i figured out the solution was way simple, I just wasn't thinking simple minded lol. Your eva coming along okay?

Sonny, looks sweet, and very symetrical. Good tip. Have you decided on a color yet?
Hey socom! How is your project treating you first of all? Still need me to fly out there? :p lol NO color choice yet, depends on what color the visor is that I decide to install when it comes to that point. I have a bit to think of it due to the fact that i still have two whole sides and part of the front to detail. eventually something will pop up in my head, than i will write it down in my notes so I don't forget1

You know, The dual visor thing Is How I kinda imagined the recon helmets from Halo: Glasslands to look like.

You know, The dual visor thing Is How I kinda imagined the recon helmets from Halo: Glasslands to look like.
AI i agree! i think it will look awesome with a big dual visor.
Once again I must say nice job my friend I really like your Bondo technique, doing it like pro ;)
HYper thank you bud, i am doing my best with what time i get to work on this project. patience is paying off :)
wow thats some intense bondo/detailing skills. Im very impressed! cant wait to see how this comes along.
Thank you jonny, keep an eye out, some day it will be finished lol

Coming along nicely sonny I haven't had any time to work on recon due to weather, so I started a new helm but I scaled it wrong...again...I really need to figure out the size of my head correctly how did u do it? Looks great btw I'm surprised by the cut out area by the visor looks good

Coming along nicely sonny I haven't had any time to work on recon due to weather, so I started a new helm but I scaled it wrong...again...I really need to figure out the size of my head correctly how did u do it? Looks great btw I'm surprised by the cut out area by the visor looks good
same here on the weather issues TS, been to cold to actually do any bondo work. My last run i had todo asll my masking inside, go out to the workshop, mix, apply, run back into the house and lock it into a heated room that was not gonna let the smell hit the kids. kinda sucks but hey, it will warm up sometime soon. gives me time think of the lighting and paint that i wanna do.
as far as figuring scale halogoddess has a good simple tut here. if you aren't worried about exact scale this works. find your dimensions, convert to metric, apply in pep designer. in designer there is an option to measure between two points in the 2d menu (2dmenu-edit mode-check distance) I load up what i am working on and check the distances that i need to see if my ears will fit through where they need to be and make sure there is enough room for padding. Viewer doesn't have this option at all that i know of. what are you working on?

I started satchimo's halo legends Kelly helm and I did use that tut lol I really don't want to post the picture of how small I made it... It's really really bad and embarrassing lol lets just say it was like a tiny hat for the top of my head lol I didn't finish it once I saw the size problem idk what I'm doing wrong in this whole process

found it. increase the scale by 10 percent and that will bring the inside ear to ear at a little over 9 inches, divide some pieces, relay everything out, and bam. you got a helmet with room for padding

found it. increase the scale by 10 percent and that will bring the inside ear to ear at a little over 9 inches, divide some pieces, relay everything out, and bam. you got a helmet with room for padding

....wut....lol I'm really new to this sonny lol I'm not really familiar with pepakura jargon. Plus I don't have a license for designer

so today since it is so cold outside and not great for bondo work i decided to get to work on the search light for the helmet i started off with these little plastic plates we use at work to make waterproof headphones, cut my shape, glued, checked, drilled, etc etc

the ugly stage assembled
226738_557680927593091_1740083043_n.jpg

394822_557680544259796_462957981_n.jpg

The better stage, primed
58620_557680457593138_1078256460_n.jpg

393045_557680200926497_416823737_n.jpg

onto the wiring and frosting a cd case, waiting for primer to dry, than sand, blah blah blah

Now back from the wiring with some pics and a finish to the night on this build
306695_557732404254610_1005365593_n.jpg

74387_557732287587955_802242544_n.jpg

543796_557732207587963_2089838234_n.jpg

230782_557732100921307_813355838_n.jpg

so that it for the night. hope you enjoy :)

I've been waiting forever for someone to make that Recon helmet, and you sir are certainly the model justice. Well done!

I've been waiting forever for someone to make that Recon helmet, and you sir are certainly the model justice. Well done!
Well thanks there phixix :) I am doing my best with what I have for materials and it is coming out fairly nice.

So I lied about quitting for the night, I was looking at the helmet and just wanted to get the light mounted like crazy lol. I put the light over the top and decided i didn't want to do all sorts of bondo work to match the box lines, so I did the hardest thing ever. I drew out my plan of attack, measured ten times, made half a dozen tape templates to cut along than stood in my workshop with my dremel scared as a rabbit to cut this massive whole in something i have been working so hard on. But in the end it came out great and I have little bondo work to do now :)
163307_557775680916949_1387370299_n.jpg

16826_557775810916936_1039603958_n.jpg

734746_557779137583270_2070089733_n.jpg

And how gnarly it looks inside
74325_557782007582983_597936900_n.jpg

So it looks sleeker, it doesn't stick out a crazy mile like it did before and I am completely satisfied now for todays work. it seems like i did way too much thinking on this and took way too long but the outcome was worth it.
so thats it, i promise lol

No such thing as thinking too much or taking too long when it turns out this well. I admit, I'm not really a fan of the helmet itself but you're slowly getting me to like it more and more. Great work!

No such thing as thinking too much or taking too long when it turns out this well. I admit, I'm not really a fan of the helmet itself but you're slowly getting me to like it more and more. Great work!
Halex I never liked it either, not in game or just standard. That is until the render was found, after that i thought hell i could make that standard recon look similar to this and it would be a great one off and a challenge. the more i work on it the better i feel about it. i still have alot of detail to finish on this now month long project but the rest of the detail will be easy enough for me to do. Dude, i have been watching your thread and your rifle build is amazing!

Dude, this is lookin pretty damn slick, I must say. I love it. I'm not really lookin forward to doing any bondo work... ZERO experience with everything still. Only working on my power fist, lol. I totally enjoy the tricks you've learnt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back