halo 3 recon NOW FULL SUIT! wip by Spartansonny

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the bomb idea. I change tires and we have this tank you feel with air too rapidly inflate tires. I can launch a golf ball over 100 yards . Fill it up with playdough to create a beautiful splatter effect.

i am cool without thta trip lol, thanks for the thought though, that would be fun. try a cheetah tank filled with baby powder when a fellow is in the bathroom, stick it under the door and let the valve go ;) i also worked in a tire shop before.

small update, i started sanding down the insane amount of paint i had on the helmt and its going okay. slow but okay. my arms are sore now lol. i also pepped more of the torso tonight. i am so slow at pepping its ridicolous

792227_570947452933105_1239946487_o.jpg

coming out fair. the black area is gonna get cut out and i will be adding foam details to both the top ridged section and that big open hole (the bottom ridge section) so the back half is almost done. the front half should go pretty quick. i won't be on here or doing any work all weekend, i have a memorial to go to for my grandfather who recently passed, which is why i have had no motivation to build and post alot this week. soon i will get that motivation back though. have a great weekend 405th! if i can answer any messages i will from my phone.

okay did i tell you all how slow i am at pepping? whicever way its getting done. the back half is now pepped, moving onto the front tomorrow after work. i do need to make some craft foam detail for the back tomorrow too, but i think i want to come up with a design thats fitting to the recon helmet.

485375_572405302787320_237928227_n.jpg

so tomorrow is cutting out the black section there and making foam details for the black section and that massive hole for the back. and start pepping the front.
not worried about sanding the recon helmet right now becauise of cold weather. last time i sprayed the paint was too cold and didn't atomize at all which caused a very poor surface. darn winter.

congrats on finishing the back of your chest piece, that whole thing is a monster to pep, I had to make 2 of them :S

Looking forward to seeing what you do for the re-paint on the helmet :) hopefully you'll see some warmer weather soon.

Nice work, and you did it all without getting a nose bleed :) Makes emever so glad that i started with a really low def suit. Congrats, though, on the back being complete.

Nice work, looking good! After reading your thread, I think you're right to go for a re-paint on the helmet. After investing so much time into it, it would be a shame not to have a paint job that you're happy with!

Pep is looking good Sonny. Cant wait to see your amazing bondo skills. And my thoughts and prayers to you and your family for your loss.

Nice work, and you did it all without getting a nose bleed :) Makes emever so glad that i started with a really low def suit. Congrats, though, on the back being complete.
lol tiger thanks. a ld file is surely a geat way to start bro.

Nice work, looking good! After reading your thread, I think you're right to go for a re-paint on the helmet. After investing so much time into it, it would be a shame not to have a paint job that you're happy with!
duffy i am defintely not happy with it, this just gives me a chance to make sure everything is finalized now :p

Pep is looking good Sonny. Cant wait to see your amazing bondo skills. And my thoughts and prayers to you and your family for your loss.

Socom how is your project treating you? hopefully my skills will not depreciatte at all lol

Looks great! keep up the good work! :D
thanks chrome i will!

I'm new to pepakura, if i'm using fiberglass, do I put the fiberglass on the inside of the armor, or the outside?

The Inside . You really should check out the stickies for this though. Sorry for hijacking your thread Sonny.

I'm new to pepakura, if i'm using fiberglass, do I put the fiberglass on the inside of the armor, or the outside?

U put a thin cost of resin on the out side then fiberglass the inside and then some people rondo the inside idk whether it is really helpful or not never have tried it

i have no update tonight guys i just wanted to apologize for the lack of progress. I have currently had a big change in my life and am battling the issues as they come. the project is still being worked on i am just having a hard time pushing through due to my circumstance. i am currently about half sanded down on the helmet and than have to smooth and what not. the torso i glue a few pieces, and than get lost in thought. i will find a way to get this done though, i don't want all that time to feel like it was a waste lol.

Socom how is your project treating you? hopefully my skills will not depreciatte at all lol

My project has hit a slow period. Got busy at work and some home projects that could not wait any longer. So for right now I just look at the lack of progress.

I hope whatever is going on for you gets wqorked out.

alrighty all, since i have been home from gthe hospital i went to town today for a few hours and pepped the front end of the torso for a minute
644287_581586951869155_213618358_n.jpg

what do you think of the scaling? i am wearing my sweater in this picture so that is a bit baggy making the torso look small.
480856_581585648535952_2048838014_n.jpg

i have some of the sided pieces to do and the ab section along with strut support braces

Comments, suggestions, teasing, good jokes are all welcome. Thank you 405th for all of your support with my current hickups in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back