Halo 3 Security Marathon helmet WIP(pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Security is my favorite armor in existence, and I've been looking for a real life one for months. Would you be willing to sell on in green? Please email me if you want to keep this private.

wow i have to admit i hated on this helmet in halo game but WOW i would wear that proud everywhere i go even in church :) 3 thumbs up

Amazing work to have been done from scratch. I personally have been dying to see somebody succeed in the Security Helm. (I'd have done it myself but I lack certain funds and time) Huge success here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys very much. I'm super proud of it and can't wait to wear it to the reach release. Acenat I actually put a "Metallic Charcoal" base(over gray primer) then I stippled a silver acrylic over it (not to much). But the get that "not painted in cheap paint look", I actually took some silver powder pigment(its actually silver powder, 10-20 micron particle size) and I put that into the pain. Then it took a fan brush and put so streaks of black where the helmet would be "rubbing" against surfaces and it would be worn down. Then when you do that wipe it back off with your thumb or paper towel in the direction you want the scratch to go.

Holy CRAP!!!!!! Dude your hardcore!!!!!!!! First the intensly amazing helmet, now this! Man, your an inspiration, and you never, ever cease to amaze me! Great job and keep up the great work! While im at it, I actually have a question..... How did you get your led to look like its going across the whole cut out section? Did you diffuse it? Again, amazing job man! :)

OMG, dude, I used to hate this helmet variant. Now I am starting to really fall in love with it because of the awesome job you are doing recreating it! And I believe you are the first to do so. :D Keep up the awesome work! My vote is that this goes to the Elite section, I think you've earned it. ;)

Holy CRAP!!!!!! Dude your hardcore!!!!!!!! First the intensly amazing helmet, now this! Man, your an inspiration, and you never, ever cease to amaze me! Great job and keep up the great work! While im at it, I actually have a question..... How did you get your led to look like its going across the whole cut out section? Did you diffuse it? Again, amazing job man! :)

As a matter of fact, yes. I did diffuse it. I took a piece of semi opaque plastic, cut it to shape, tapered the back edges, sanded the entire thing to further diffuse the light. Drilled notches for the LED's, diffused them as well, glued them in, then installed the whole setup.

As a matter of fact, yes. I did diffuse it. I took a piece of semi opaque plastic, cut it to shape, tapered the back edges, sanded the entire thing to further diffuse the light. Drilled notches for the LED's, diffused them as well, glued them in, then installed the whole setup.

Cool! Just one more thing, if you dont mind me asking..... how exactly do you diffuse an led, lol!? =P

I wish I had half of your skills. To take such a crappy variant and make it look amazing.. geez. I actually like the helmet now

OMG, dude, I used to hate this helmet variant. Now I am starting to really fall in love with it because of the awesome job you are doing recreating it! And I believe you are the first to do so. :D Keep up the awesome work! My vote is that this goes to the Elite section, I think you've earned it. ;)
exactly what she said

Ok guys. I know it has been forever. That's just because I have been working my tail off to get my hayabusa chest done before Reach release. I procured a chest/back from Ithica and I am highly modifying it. I am close to being done, and I will post pics of the finished helmet, should and armor when I get home today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back