Halo 3 Security Marathon helmet WIP(pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's freaking awesome. You know I've been pining for the old days lately and was even thinking of creating an entire Marathon suit, not just the marathon helmet featured in Halo. . . the visor of course being the biggest problem to get over, but you've given me new found invigoration for the task. Well done again

That's freaking awesome. You know I've been pining for the old days lately and was even thinking of creating an entire Marathon suit, not just the marathon helmet featured in Halo. . . the visor of course being the biggest problem to get over, but you've given me new found invigoration for the task. Well done again

Well heck yeah. Go for it man. And put a nice link in thast sig so we can all see. I will have a link up to my new project soon :D :D :D

So anyone who likes my work be sure to keep an eye out.

wow, you did an amazing job on your helmet. im about 75% done my security helmet. final sanding, painting and somehow get a visor. i bought some plastic sheet to drop form a visor im peping. but i cant figure out how to get that mirror gold tint on it. i was thinking of getting some tail light black out spray, and have a black/grey colour theme like yours

wow, you did an amazing job on your helmet. im about 75% done my security helmet. final sanding, painting and somehow get a visor. i bought some plastic sheet to drop form a visor im peping. but i cant figure out how to get that mirror gold tint on it. i was thinking of getting some tail light black out spray, and have a black/grey colour theme like yours
You could use this visor. They ship from Taiwan so it takes about 11 days to arrive in the US. I have purchased twice from the seller so far and they all shipped extremely fast, just takes awhile to arrive from overseas.

The visor is large enough to do nearly a full Security visor. However, when I scaled the helmet for my size, the visor is still not quite wide enough to match the pep file exactly. Still close enough for me though.

I'm quite interested in your method of bondoing and smoothing...
It appears that you cake the bondo on until you have the thickness you need, then you sand and shape it.
What have you found to be the advantages of this approach over adding a small amount, sanding, then repeating...?

I'm quite interested in your method of bondoing and smoothing...
It appears that you cake the bondo on until you have the thickness you need, then you sand and shape it.
What have you found to be the advantages of this approach over adding a small amount, sanding, then repeating...?

I always like to put a tiny bit extra than needed. Just so I dont have to wait for more to dry. Then I sand/carve it away. I don't like to have to mix a thousand batches. But when I do however need to patch a small area, I just do them all at once. Maybe my methood uses a bit more bondo, but perhaps less time. I just kinda do it as I need it. I did have to do a lot of "build up" on the helmet because it was a scratch build. With most pep files though, I don't think you need as much bondo. The helmet and shoulder were practicall y made out of bondo :D.

German, that is the exact visor I got. I'm not sure what pep you used, but mine fits awesomely. It is tricky to trim though, due to its complex shape. Do you have pics of your securty helmet?

Btw guy I'm just about to start my Jorge suit thread. Check it out.

German, that is the exact visor I got. I'm not sure what pep you used, but mine fits awesomely. It is tricky to trim though, due to its complex shape. Do you have pics of your securty helmet?
I just pepped up half of the visor at the same scale I need for the helmet to see how they matched up and the pepped version extends beyond the edge of where the curve stops in the bubble. I have not pepped the whole helmet yet since I had to leave town unexpectedly for a family emergency.

yea i already saw those visors. im not sure if it will fit my helmet properly cause when i resined it. it warped and the jaw pushed up a little so the sides around the cheeks pushed out a bit

just found this thread. this build is freakin awesome. the helmet blows my mind. the chest and arms are looking great. can't wait to see more.

yea i already saw those visors. im not sure if it will fit my helmet properly cause when i resined it. it warped and the jaw pushed up a little so the sides around the cheeks pushed out a bit

You can always trim ther visor :D

Thanks for the appreciation guys. Unfortunately there will be no more to this build(as I intended). However you guys will get the enjoy(hopefully enjoy anyways) my FULL Jorge suit build. I will be posting the starting tread later when I get home from work. I have made some progress, so some nice pics will be up.

Wow, amazing work man, I just have one question though, does the helmet in Halo 3 have the Marathon symbol above the visor like on yours?
I'm just wondering because if you came up with that on your own, then well.....that's just completely f*ing amazing.

Wow, amazing work man, I just have one question though, does the helmet in Halo 3 have the Marathon symbol above the visor like on yours?
I'm just wondering because if you came up with that on your own, then well.....that's just completely f*ing amazing.

Are you talking about the circle thing on the forehead? If so, that is in the game.

So why no more work on this build? It's looking great!
I've been checking this since august. Again I ask, Why no more?!

So why no more work on this build? It's looking great!
I've been checking this since august. Again I ask, Why no more?!

This project was just the helmet and shoulders. I just sorta added the busa chest because I had the chance to get one. I don't want a MKV suit. But check out my Jorge suit. It will be the full suit, and plenty for you to look at :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back