Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know this is the quality I expected from you Lee, but it's still simply amazing to see it all coming together (I told y'all made him Elite too soon!). Any ideas on the cross hairs and lens shroud yet? If you got some green perspex and put it in front of the monitor you'd be able to engrave the cross hairs into it and get the colour right at the same time. :D

P.S. I keep meaning to tell you Lee how much I love seeing that wooden reindeer on the left of your work bench in your videos! Does he have a name?:lol:

juliet76 said:
You know this is the quality I expected from you Lee, but it's still simply amazing to see it all coming together (I told y'all made him Elite too soon!). Any ideas on the cross hairs and lens shroud yet? If you got some green perspex and put it in front of the monitor you'd be able to engrave the cross hairs into it and get the colour right at the same time. :D

P.S. I keep meaning to tell you Lee how much I love seeing that wooden reindeer on the left of your work bench in your videos! Does he have a name?:lol:

That's a great idea, buddy! I even have a couple close-up ref pics of the viewfinder to help with those details. You know, just in case Lee does decide to do so, lol:

H3 SR Scope Detail -- Pic # 01

H3 SR Scope Detail -- Pic # 02

And Lee... maybe you could actually place those switches on the side of the viewfinder housing, like in Pic # 01? That way, it would be built into the existing design and keep it cannon. Just an idea ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
juliet76 said:

Thats Roudolphs snubbed cousin Brownnose! :p

I can't help but feel horribly inadequate every time I view this thread. Am I the only one, or are there others out there that would be interested in starting a support group?

Malechei said:
I can't help but feel horribly inadequate every time I view this thread. Am I the only one, or are there others out there that would be interested in starting a support group?

LMAO! Classic, dude. What would we call it? "405th-ers Anonymous"?:lol:

Like I've said to others I don't know how many times before, keep in mind that Lee has over 20+ years of experience in woodworking. His present-day skills didn't just happen overnight. It took a great deal of time, effort and mistakes learned from for him to be where he's at now (his earlier HALO props are just such an indication of the progression of his skills).

That's how it is for everyone here. We all start out inexperienced and unsure of our abilities (I know that's what it was like for me when I got into the prop hobby eight years ago), but as time goes on and we learn new and different things, we end up creating our own style in how we build our props. Call it a personal "trademark" of sorts, if you will.

Given enough time, believe it or not, you could find yourself up there with the likes of Lee, Link, Sean, Devin, Adam and others. But only if you're willing to put in the necessary time and committment to better yourself skills-wise. It's not going to happen if you don't make an effort.

Personally, my opinion is that every member here has their own talents and strengths in this hobby. Some are better at certain things than others. Take me, for example. Sure, I can scratch-build a decent prop (though nowhere near Lee's level, lol) but my real talent comes through in the schematics I draft for others' projects.

I'd just always sorta taken that skill for granted, but for someone like Lee it was a huge help in him actually getting this project started, and now almost finished. And as you can see, combining that with his awesome woodworking skills has produced an amazing piece.

The idea behind a community such as this is the culmination of various talents/skills so that we can make for ourselves the things we could've only ever dreamed of having before, and to our highest personal standards. We each help off-set one another's not-so-strong points in prop-building, and it makes for a good balance.

Um... I'll stop preaching now, lol :cool:

SPARTAN II said:
It took a great deal of time, effort and mistakes learned from for him to be where he's at now

Man, the bolded part is the most true to me. Nothing teaches you more than failure. The biggest thing that will make you better at what you do is doing more of it!

DerKraken said:
Man, the bolded part is the most true to me. Nothing teaches you more than failure. The biggest thing that will make you better at what you do is doing more of it!
I must be a terrible student, then :D

Keep it up, Lee

PillowFire said:
Amazing work. But what will you do about heat being trapped inside that small box?
I won't have it on for long periods to build up heat/

Here is some updates on the detailing.

Loess said:
That just keeps getting better. The bar is now set in the stratosphere.

Bigalt424 said:
Really, I'd say the Mesosphere :lol:
Great work so far and, as usual from Lee, it'll be epic

You said it, fellas! Dayum, that's some phenomenal work you're putting into just that one component of the SR, Lee. I like how you've made the knob on top turn, so it at least looks functional. And the detailing on the sides of the scope, and the extension. What else can I say but WOW, lol.

lee like i said let me come apprentice for you... i dont care that there isnt much work out there... i must learn.

great work on this, cant wait to see it finished and mounted on the riffle.

DreadMullet said:
lee like i said let me come apprentice for you... i dont care that there isnt much work out there... i must learn.
I second this motion!!
laugh.gif

sorry if i missed it i just looked through the whole thread, whats the brand and model of the baby monitor????

Thanks for all the complements!

JangoFett140 said:
I second this motion!!
laugh.gif

sorry if i missed it i just looked through the whole thread, whats the brand and model of the baby monitor????

It is a 70060 MobiCam by Mobi.

LeeKegan said:
Thanks for all the complements!

It is a 70060 MobiCam by Mobi.

Wow... Mobi makes baby monitors, now? And here I thought he just made music (I know, it's spelled Mobi, not Moby) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back