Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I was wondering something about at least two members......Lee and charlie (Leekegan and Privateer). They both have multiple itmes in the Elite section but their status is not Elite....why is this? I truly think they have prooved themselves many times over and deserve it but that's just me....sssssssooooo....Elite people can we make this happen?

Ithica

P.s. sorry I went off topic. Lee you are the weapon man...love all your work.

Thanks Privateer, But I'm happy starting out in the creation discussion and then if everyone thinks its good enough it gets moved there!

Quote Ithica Quote, You know I was wondering something about at least two members......Lee and charlie (Leekegan and Privateer). They both have multiple itmes in the Elite section but their status is not Elite....why is this? I truly think they have prooved themselves many times over and deserve it but that's just me....sssssssooooo....Elite people can we make this happen?

Thank you Ithica, but I think you have more than few projects in the Elite section TOO,

Lee your woodworking skills amaze me, especially how you are able to get the amount of detail so quickly.
My opinion all 3 of you should have elite status.

*starts looking around the room* excuse me, but has anyone here seen the lower half of my jaw ? i dropped it around here somewhere when i saw this thread....

seriously man, this has GOT to be the absolute best replica of those guns i have ever seen. the level of detail is insane ! one thing i gotta know is, how heavy is that sniper rifle ? being made of wood i would assume its got a fair bit of weight to it...

if my SMG's turn out 1/4 as good as your guns are turning out, i will be happy lol.

O.T.

Outlaw-Tiger said:
*starts looking around the room* excuse me, but has anyone here seen the lower half of my jaw ? i dropped it around here somewhere when i saw this thread....

seriously man, this has GOT to be the absolute best replica of those guns i have ever seen. the level of detail is insane ! one thing i gotta know is, how heavy is that sniper rifle ? being made of wood i would assume its got a fair bit of weight to it...

if my SMG's turn out 1/4 as good as your guns are turning out, i will be happy lol.

O.T.

Thanks, it ways about 3 pounds. Its no very heavy because it is hollow inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have a few things to say on your beast-rifle (lol).

Where can I find a copy of those blueprints to print out for myself?

Also, you should consider making it so that when you pull back the bolt, after a certain point, it looses a lot of tension (basically a snap, as the chamber has been opened) and then when you let go, it closes.

My former A-5 paintball gun had such a feature on the bolt and it made it feel very realistic.

Another thing, have you considered adding electronics, airsoft internals, working scope, extra detailing with bondo (if needed), painting, etc?

That is an amazing job.

PillowFire said:

There is a thread on here in my name but done by SPARTAN II.

Also, you should consider making it so that when you pull back the bolt, after a certain point, it looses a lot of tension (basically a snap, as the chamber has been opened) and then when you let go, it closes.

My former A-5 paintball gun had such a feature on the bolt and it made it feel very realistic.

Another thing, have you considered adding electronics, airsoft internals, working scope, extra detailing with bondo (if needed), painting, etc?

Electronics is a possibility
Airsoft internal not going to happen with this design.
Scope is in the works.
Has enough detailing.
Will get a paint job after molding!

Hope that answers your questions.

That is an amazing job.

LeeKegan said:
I don't have much to update, but here it is:

IMG_2323.jpg

This will give you an Idea of what I'm getting ready to build.

PS. Thanks everyone for your comments and thank you to the MODS on moving this project to the Elite show case. :lol:

Great! You're finally onto the scope! YAY! YIPEE! WAHOO! :lol:

Now that that's out of my system, lol, to answer PF's question regarding the scope, as Lee mentioned in a post on the last page he has some "surprises" in store for it. So, like he said, "it's in the works" ;)

PillowFire said:

That is an amazing job.

BOLD # 1: As stated by Lee, there is a thread posted here in the "Weapons and Props" forum with downloadable PDF files for the schematics he used for this build, drawn by me. You'll find a link to that thread in my signature below.

BOLD # 2: More detail? I'm hurt... to imply the schematics he worked from need anything more :sick: J/k

Wait, there's an Elite status?
I thought it was just the Elite Showcase. I've never seen anyone with an actual elite "status"..
Because I have stuff there and I never noticed me or anyone else get a status change for it.
Maybe I haven't paid enough attention?

I meant that was this the final version or was more detailing to be done? I don't have the pictures of the rifle at hand, and I can't see it up close, so I don't know if some details are still missing somewhere.

Besides that, it's wooden, so something is needed to make it feel metallic (maybe metallic paint?)

Seriously though, the rifle looks amazing. All of the weapon props you have made look the right size, which gives them an added visual appeal.

PillowFire said:
I meant that was this the final version or was more detailing to be done? I don't have the pictures of the rifle at hand, and I can't see it up close, so I don't know if some details are still missing somewhere.

Besides that, it's wooden, so something is needed to make it feel metallic (maybe metallic paint?)

Seriously though, the rifle looks amazing. All of the weapon props you have made look the right size, which gives them an added visual appeal.

Hey, its ok.

If you go look at the final version of my M6G it will give you a perspective on how the sniper and Br will look hopefully.

Thanks for the compliments on my props and I will go see about taking some close up of some of the details on the prop.

Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back