Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Discussion in 'Halo 3D Modeling' started by CarterBuilder12, May 21, 2016.

1. CarterBuilder12

CarterBuilder12

Hello fellow Halo nerds!

The great day is here!!!!
    A big update for the helmet. I have redone the helmet and made it 99% accurate to the Halo 5 version of the helmet. the only thing i did not update was the visor, i will maybe do that at a later date.

So here is the result:
    Halo 4 master chief helmet 1.png
    Halo 4 master chief helmet 2.png
    Halo 4 master chief helmet 3.png
    Halo 4 master chief helmet 4.png
    Halo 4 master chief helmet 5.png

As you can see on the next pic is that the neck cover, side bolts and vent is seperate from the helmet.

Halo 4 master chief helmet 6.png

So i hope you all like it as much as me ;) and i would love to see pics for those who print it.

And some parts that also got an update:
    lower and upper back.png

Thats all for now! As always, the links to the files will be found in the first post ;)

I think there will be no more modelling for this project now. I am printing like crazy at the moment.
    Only parts i have left to print is the shoulders, the right backpack and the center back part then i am all done printing this armor :) updates on that will come.

2. SavedbyGraceG12

SavedbyGraceG12 Well-Known Member

CarterBuilder12

Still, I'm totally digging the texture work! May use your weathering as reference on my helm. Looking good bro! Also, was about to say, all that printing and nothing to show, hah.

3. mkshane81

mkshane81

Absolutely amazing updates!! Thank you for all of your work!

-Matt

4. Austin3991

Austin3991

This is beautiful dude!

5. LX1991

LX1991 New Member

CarterBuilder12 I registered on this forum just to tell you how much I appreciate your work and the fact that you provide the files for free, this is without a doubt the nicest thing I have ever seen somebody do for others on the internet. You, Sir, deserve my respect!

ReClaimer8015 likes this.
  6. CarterBuilder12

CarterBuilder12

I'm finally done printing!
    20170812_231437.jpg

Now comes the hard task of sanding it all...

I also need some help with two things.

First can anybody tell me someone that makes master chief visors (optimaly in europe)?

Second i need help determening the colors for the halo 5 version of the armor and find the closest matching color in the line up of montana spray-cans.
    I like the colors i have on the 3d render of the new helmet and might try to find those colors.

Thanks in andvance for any help on these two matters.

I will probably make a video on how I connect my parts togheter in the week to come.

Here are some of the colors i have picked out of images from different sources. From renders of the suit, form game textures, from others paint use on their helmets
    Master chief color options....png

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    oniwolf, Morphine, mkshane81 and 3 others like this.
  7. Austin3991

Austin3991

Looks amazing man!

8. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

There's a few hours of print time. Prints turned out great!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  9. transmut1

transmut1

If you are looking for the perfect color/see thru effect for the visor, I suggest talking to Justin Branfuhr of Branfuhr studios on facebook, he makes the best halo 3 visors possible!

10. Morphine

Morphine

Fantastic modelling by the way and it's great to see the 3d prints, awesome!

Question: would you mind sharing your 3d printer settings to achieve what looks to be pretty crisp surfaces and edges?
    I'll look at printing these as well but I haven't ventured into 3d printing yet (although have one of the Aldi ones from last year).

In regards to the visor, have you thought of vac-forming your own? (via a 3d printed buck)
    I'm thinking of doing that as well as tinting it. That way it's a match to your shape and size of your visor.

11. gamingfreak

gamingfreak New Member

Hard work indeed payoff, your creation is just simply amazing.

12. macktruck

macktruck Jr Member

Wow, this is amazing. The scale is so large it's intimidating. I don't even know where to begin.

13. macktruck

macktruck Jr Member

I started printing the helmet, hopefully I scaled it Correctly and turns out well. 3 days for first piece. :eek:

14. Markolivo76

Markolivo76

I saw a video about scaling in which the person would make a cross section of the piece, lets say at the forehead area or at the bridge of the nose, about 1/4 inch high. With this, he can make sure the helmet would fit. Then he would print the whole helmet, so not to waste all the filament on a helmet that was off. Just an fyi since you are hoping you scaled it correctly.

TurboCharizard likes this.
  15. sgtjasonshrout

sgtjasonshrout New Member

Having just bought my 3d printer after wanting one since they came out, I can't wait to use your files. My boys and I are itching to have accurate suits for comipalooza next year in April. Thanks to you and others who have passionately put in the time to help make this possible.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  16. sgtjasonshrout

sgtjasonshrout New Member

Is it really worth printing in fine quality or is coarse acceptable as touch ups will be needed anyway? Saving some time is nice too.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  17. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Um...it's all about preference. I, personally, like to print at about 0.15mm (150 microns depending on your slicer) to save a little bit of time spent sanding. Truth be told, even with 0.15mm, you're still going to sand that part for about 4-5 hours. At 0.15mm, you're also going to be getting more detail out of your prints. The other bonus to higher-resolution prints is that you can start a long print before you go to work or something, and when you get home from an 8-hour work day, your print will be waiting for you. BUT...If you start a print before you leave and the print fails while you are gone, you could be looking at a lot of time wasted.

With 0.3mm resolution, prints will be pretty fast, but it will take quite a while longer to sand to get a nice result.

So ask yourself: "Do I want the machine to do the work, or do I want to do the work?"

You will still be sanding either way, but there will be a substantial difference in the work you will be putting in.

When you think about it like that, you will probably find it a little bit easier to choose.