Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 44008F5E-364D-4753-9D17-865308E78113.jpeg
    44008F5E-364D-4753-9D17-865308E78113.jpeg
    428.9 KB · Views: 652
Hello,
I've been currently printing out the helmet, and I believe I run into a possible sizing issue. I have previously made an armor set, and used this 405th forms to size my armor How to Scale Your Armour- Tutorial V.2 . I used the same method for my helmet that I am printing, I am 5 feet 9.5 in. I came to the calculations to where I would need to size the file down by 75.74% to match the ratio to my height. I've printed out about half of the helmet so far and it seems like it may possibly be too small.... I don't want to finish printing it and have it be too small and waste filament. what is a good size for this helmet?

Hello,
I've been currently printing out the helmet, and I believe I run into a possible sizing issue. I have previously made an armor set, and used this 405th forms to size my armor How to Scale Your Armour- Tutorial V.2 . I used the same method for my helmet that I am printing, I am 5 feet 9.5 in. I came to the calculations to where I would need to size the file down by 75.74% to match the ratio to my height. I've printed out about half of the helmet so far and it seems like it may possibly be too small.... I don't want to finish printing it and have it be too small and waste filament. what is a good size for this helmet?
This is the only issue with this file, I printed few parts of helmet and 84-86% should fit well.

Last edited:
Quick Question. What kind of material are you printing with there?. I've just started to play with 3d printing but there is alot of trade off on material types so I was wondering what you found worked best for you.

how do you do the shins!? I have made a few and cant seem to get my foot through. Should I make them much larger, or two pieces with a hinge?
I hit the same issue. I would suggest something like this

I hit the same issue. I would suggest something like this

Some sage advice right there.

cover1.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got around to printing these parts. I then ran into a weird issue I haven't seen posted about. Pictures attached.

1. On the backpack pieces, the raised section on the side popped off and there's a distinct wall.
2. On the hand covers, the raised bits also came off and now show as indentations.

Has anyone else run into this? I'm not able to separate these sections from the main parts to print separately. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_20200805_152944.jpg
    IMG_20200805_152944.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20200805_152922.jpg
    IMG_20200805_152922.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 261
[QUOTE = "Farris, publicación: 793593, miembro: 2820"]
Finalmente pude imprimir estas piezas. Luego me encontré con un problema extraño que no había visto publicado. Fotos adjuntas.

1. En las piezas de la mochila, la sección elevada del costado se desprendió y hay una pared distinta.
2. En las cubiertas de las manos, las partes elevadas también se desprendieron y ahora se muestran como muescas.

¿Se ha encontrado alguien mas con esto? No puedo separar estas secciones de las partes principales para imprimir por separado. Cualquier sugerencia será bienvenida.
[/ CITAR]
He impreso el protector y el archivo está bien, y he cortado el brazo en 9 partes sin problemas, tal vez el problema sea el programa de laminado o corte que usas
IMG_20200806_183814.jpg

Just a wild guess, but maybe the model had some geometry errors or it sliced wrong. I had this happen when printing my flood head. All the teeth were fine, but the connection points where hollow up through the mouth...

He impreso el protector y el archivo está bien, y he cortado el brazo en 9 partes sin problemas, tal vez el problema sea el programa de laminado o corte que usas

It's possible. I sliced using Simplify3D. It might also be the orientation. I print my files standing up because I don't like sanding down the rings that you get when you print it lying down. Just a personal preference.

Just a wild guess, but maybe the model had some geometry errors or it sliced wrong. I had this happen when printing my flood head. All the teeth were fine, but the connection points where hollow up through the mouth...

Also possible. I just wanted to ask since, if it was a geometry error, other people would have run into it as well.

Thanks for the responses. I'll try a different orientation part orientation and see if that fixes things. Since I printed both backpack halves and both handplates vertically, it might just be that others printing in a different orientation didn't notice the issue because the layers would have stuck together more.

The fun never stops...

After some research...

1. The hands are simply an issue of the slicer not liking that the 3 ridges are connected surfaces. So that's a slicer issue I can probably fix by making sure everything is merged into a single mesh.
2. The backpack models have a definitive gap. While they're all part of the same mesh so I can't split them off automatically, they are actually separate from the side of the main part. Screenshots from 2 different slicers and 3d builder atttached. Basically the gap just needs to be filled in.

Not sure how to resolve the 2nd one.

Attachments

• simplify3dslice.png
    simplify3dslice.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 195
  • curaslice.png
    curaslice.png
    229 KB · Views: 183
  • 3dbuildercut.png
    3dbuildercut.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 199
Well, yes, it seems that there is no fix, I have tried to cut the piece at the height of the problem (with prusaslicer) to see if I made a wall at the end of the cut (the piece on the right) but it does not remain the same, perhaps printing it on the position that is on the plate goes better, I hope you solve it, good luck
IMG_20200807_175135.jpg

After some fiddling, and since I really didn't want to waste 2 more reels of filament to reprint both backpack parts, I decided to just slice off the side piece and re-print that to glue on later.

If anyone is interested, I can provide the STL. It's probably not perfect, but it's workable

Attachments

• side_piece.png
    side_piece.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 177
So here is a little holiday update for you all. It's a little late, have been really busy with work, school and life... But anyway, in November I finished this beauty :D I'm really happy with how this helmet turned out. Now there is just the rest of the armor left to finish... so much sanding...

Hope you all enjoy and happy christmas to you all!

View attachment 251814
View attachment 251815
View attachment 251816
View attachment 251817
Sweet helmet, thanks for sharing. It has great detail on it, hopefully once I start mine it turns out half as good as yours. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back