Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Ironcastaway

Love the work, it truly is amazing! I’m concerned about the helmet size, how much room would you think is appropriate. I printed the first few layers to see and am not sure if I should shrink more, or print this. Any recommendations anyone?

SpartanA247

Love the work, it truly is amazing! I’m concerned about the helmet size, how much room would you think is appropriate. I printed the first few layers to see and am not sure if I should shrink more, or print this. Any recommendations anyone?
Well, based on pictures, I scaled it to 78% and looks close to size in the references. Not sure if it's the right size, but... works for me, at least it should.

Last edited:

Ironcastaway

Well, based on pictures, I scaled it to 78% and looks close to size in the references. Not sure if it's the right size, but... works for me, at least it should.
Awesome, I did some measurements and figured I’d waste some plastic and see how large 92% would be for a model for decoration and see the fit with that. It’s way too big, obviously, but want it to not be rough putting on or off with scratching head. I’m terrified to scale every piece.. 160lb and 6 ft far from a typical “spartan” build

Ironcastaway

Awesome, I did some measurements and figured I’d waste some plastic and see how large 92% would be for a model for decoration and see the fit with that. It’s way too big, obviously, but want it to not be rough putting on or off with scratching head. I’m terrified to scale every piece.. 160lb and 6 ft far from a typical “spartan” build
Fun fact. 92% is huge, and 78% is too small. For someone whom fits in a large motorcycle helmet, 84% seems to be the correct helmet scale. Armorsmith Designed has saved me so much plastic. Worth the $30.

SpartanA247

Fun fact. 92% is huge, and 78% is too small. For someone whom fits in a large motorcycle helmet, 84% seems to be the correct helmet scale. Armorsmith Designed has saved me so much plastic. Worth the $30.
Yeah... I messed up with scaling, 78% is definitely too small. Now i printed first 2 pieces with 86% and should be good.