Halo 4 custom Hazop build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested on how you will do the bayonet! I wanted to use an LED, but I have no idea how I would get it in there and add an on off button, or even batteries. I then considered using day glow acrylic, but that stuff can get expensive.

At first I thought about putting one blue LED while resin is still curing but then I realised this is about 16 inch (40cm) long blade and light might not be distributed on the whole lenght, so now I'm still trying to figure out how to do it. Maybe I'll use not a single LED but the EL wire.

Finally... finally I finished thrusters...

IMG_20200523_205731.jpg

I don't want to do them ever... ever again... any time soon... probably... (damn... I need 3 more sets...)

I'm in red vs blue mood, been rewatching the entire series for the 6th time

And also I think I'm done with the front piece.

IMG_20200523_205944.jpg

I did some battle damage with the rotary tool, fighting juggernauts can be dangerous
It's not because I'm terrible at using rotary tool and I clearly didn't hold it in one place for too long while trying to smooth out some seems.

I think it should look nice when painted.

I have one more idea for this build. Some people create needles, light them up and put them in the armor as battle damge - I guess, so I want to do something very similar but I want to keep the 'flood containment spartan' theme so I thought about making spikes of the flood ranger form:
1590263030995.png

So let's say that while my charcter was fighting some bigger flood forms and the energy shields went down, flood ranger form somehow managed to penetrate the armor with few spikes (whereever I think there will be a good place to put them) and they got stuck in the plating, so he used energy bayonet to cut them a little so they aren't that annoying (I think I will heat up a knife and cut through them to achieve this effect).
Buuut... I have no idea how to create these spikes yet... maybe foam clay?

Finally... finally I finished thrusters...

View attachment 290879

I don't want to do them ever... ever again... any time soon... probably... (damn... I need 3 more sets...)

I'm in red vs blue mood, been rewatching the entire series for the 6th time

And also I think I'm done with the front piece.

View attachment 290881

I did some battle damage with the rotary tool, fighting juggernauts can be dangerous
It's not because I'm terrible at using rotary tool and I clearly didn't hold it in one place for too long while trying to smooth out some seems.

I think it should look nice when painted.

I have one more idea for this build. Some people create needles, light them up and put them in the armor as battle damge - I guess, so I want to do something very similar but I want to keep the 'flood containment spartan' theme so I thought about making spikes of the flood ranger form:
View attachment 290882
So let's say that while my charcter was fighting some bigger flood forms and the energy shields went down, flood ranger form somehow managed to penetrate the armor with few spikes (whereever I think there will be a good place to put them) and they got stuck in the plating, so he used energy bayonet to cut them a little so they aren't that annoying (I think I will heat up a knife and cut through them to achieve this effect).
Buuut... I have no idea how to create these spikes yet... maybe foam clay?
Damn holy **** this looks cool as hell!! I love the detailing you did on the chest, and all of the props that you’ve shown off are so intricate and well made! I love how functional the trauma kit is as well, every little touch so far is just really really awesomely intricate. Keep up the good work dude, I’m excited to see how it turns out!

Thanks, I'm not entirely sure if I want them to glow, but it also depends on which piece I'll attach them to - shoulders are to thin for the electronics. Chest piece could be an option, but I think it's mulitated enough... so we'll see!

Sweet! If the thrusters were painful, then hopefully that meant you learnt a lot. For the spikes, if you don't want them to glow, you could glue a couple of layers of foam together, carve out the rough shape and grind it down with a rotary tool/belt sander, then cut it where you want to.
One thing to keep in mind; I can't remember for sure but I assume they shoot the spikes with the glowing end foward? If so, you'll want that to be the part that is embedded in the armour.

Oh yeah, I've learned a lot of things and the mostly that I don't want to do these round pieces for shoulders from foam, that's why I made 3 simple models which will be 3d printed soon and then casted. I like the idea of layering foam to get spikes, I could just use whatever is left from this build, but I think I'll just paint them to look nicer, without adding lights, cause I can't really think about spot where putting lights make sense.

I'm terrible at making decisions about painting my armor...
After a lot of thinking I decided to paint it in most neutral color/camo - pixel (digital) urban/stealth camo + crimson, raspbery-ish... I dunno visor and this is final, I'm to lazy too repaint piece as big as thigh. I'm still team blue but undercover
And finally I'm happy with how it looks.

IMG_20200526_184818.jpg

Oh and I also finished basic structure for back of the chest piece so I will post a suit-up soon.

I retract my statement from one of the previous posts - thrusters are not that bad, shoulders are. Fortunately I have just finished them.

IMG_20200606_170732.jpg

They turned out rather okay.

And finally the chest is almost done - I'm still waiting for LED foam. I also added a scratched out 'FloodHunter' on the side.

IMG_20200606_170614.jpg

Only biceps and forearms left to build.

I ordered one square meter of LED foam and... it's way too much. This amount of foam should be enought for maybe 20-30 armor sets...

At least it looks great

IMG_20200616_172736.jpgIMG_20200616_172815.jpgIMG_20200616_172849.jpgIMG_20200616_172903.jpgIMG_20200609_194448.jpgIMG_20200616_172620.jpg

Now I only need to figure out how to properly light them up. At first I thought about normal red LED's but I know myself... and I know I would burn them... so LED tape with built in power source sounds way better. I can just cut it in smaller sections and it should work perfectly... but... what about RGB tape. I could also do this hex pattern light-up visor. And since I'm painting it in grey, any light color will work and I will be able to find one I like most - red, blue, maybe white.

And FINALLY I choose forearms!
At first I thought about recruit then ricochet, then twin plated and many more... Halo 5 Technician (but with recruit handplates) It matches perfectly with Lg-50 bulk legs
1592324161931.png
1592324195102.png

And I found something great. I was worried about shins - they're so masive!
But it turns out not even spartans are that thic and they have some sort of padding

1592324382869.png

Only forearms, helmet, undersuit and guns... and small floody-buddy (I want a small flood infection form that I could put on my shoulder)

Alright, so... I have to finish this build... soon... maybe excluding undersuit... but it has to be done. The good thing is that finally all necessary pieces for a weapon are printed. I was supposed to do a Halo 4 DMR but... maybe not this time. Halo 4 shotgun is probably a best option for a spartan fighting the flood... and it looks sooooo good... and I think it's worth mentioning that I have started making quite a few flood infection forms thanks to the templates generously provided by PlanetAlexander.

IMG_20201024_202518.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back