Halo 4 Downloadable Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARlock

Jr Member
I realize quite a few have requested this and I myself looked forward to it but I decided to work on it myself when I found the original file from furryfox. I asked him permission for this and he gladly agreed. Thanks furryfox!! I took his Sculptris model and converted it and reduced the polycount considerable until I could get it into a retopo program like 3D Coat. I redid the entire design, sectioned it by part and tried to stay true to the original model and undersuit parts from ingame using references from many of the helpful members and from the reference from James_005. I fully realize parts of this are ugly and the part flow is rough. My only excuse is that it is a retopo and I tried to make all edges match up. Any advice, critiques, etc. are welcome.

Later, I will detail a method of getting a personalized fit for the undersuit and any armor parts for those with a little modeling knowledge. I am in the process of refining the design to my own fit. I'll see if I can provide progress pictures.

Thanks 405th for your energy and efforts all these years. This is my way of giving back when and how I can.

Body_Suit_Retopo_by_WARlock_n_furryfox.jpg

Body_Suit_Retopo_by_WARlock_n_furryfox.pdo

EDIT: Previously I stated that the file was scaled to a 1:1 ratio of 5'7" however upon a whim I double checked and the file is nowhere near that scale. Somehow I messed up the export and the file is much smaller than that at 68mm high. I can either re-export it at the right scale or each of you must do so. I leave the choice to others to make. Please let me know.

EDIT EDIT: The scale may be an issue for some people so I went back into the 3D and found the distance from floor to nape of the collar's highest point and with the actual setup of the file, when you scale it in Pepakura the height should be 1541mm for a 5'7" person. If you are measuring yourself for the scale then do not go with total height but rather to where the collar touches at the point between the atlas vertebrae and the head.

That looks like it will be a complex build, Great stuff though thanks for making it free to download! :D

I may try it with thin foam or something.

I have not unfolded it. However, I did leave it in parts as you can see so that each piece can be fitted and or sized if necessary. I also did not make the pdo locked so that it could be customized. As for complexity, yeah there are over 90 parts.

Seriously i have been on this for Months and you have my missing piece. a completed 3d pep-able model although i too have just recived Furry fox's 3d file ( literally today). you have done what i was going to have to do. but thanks to you i do no, KUDOS.
i have 3 tutorials (choices) and the "post-pep" how to's ready to go. Ive been posting all over the 405th that If we combine our efforts we can have this undersuit issue solved once and for all. BIG THANKS to Furry Fox(for original model sculpt), Dutch02(for making fox's file exportable) and Warlock (for getting me the file). also i cant forget to THANK James_005 for posting his awesome reference images which gave Furry Fox the basis for his model. Also Morphine (for giving me the in game refernces so that I can show you where/how everything is suppossed to go and be painted)
I have a tutorial ready for the community within few months {2 months} <----- equals estimated time spent peping,working out any unforseen bugs and filming tut. also my GF battle with cancer.

now I have to go create the sizing bars and section this off (as my tutorials will require both). But While you wait for the tutorial, here are pics from some past tests.

R&D updates:
two diferent test cards - the blue is made for superior flex and stretch , while the silver is made for medium flex and stiffer applications (liike boots or the "hard pieces" on undersuit)
8476162237_cdb375439b.jpg

this is demonstration of the blue flexing freely after droping it on the table. also the blue is a costom color I mixed a pearl into it. can you tell?
8477252002_942bd6b996.jpg

I wanted to make something that I could wear. i grabbed an old guantlet pep file and gave it a try.
also notice the two different colors. the guantlet is black but i wanted to show that you can paint it. i used a little silver (sorry about blotches, i ran out of silver)
8476163079_ed91053660.jpg

So i kind of poked a few holes in the gauntlet when i was removing it from the pep model. Self note: "Dont Use anything sharp to remove it from the model".
but it still holds together even when i flex my arm.
8477252728_578bdb052b.jpg

So to recap: I can do the hex patterns (or any pattern), It has some stretch, I can add colors to it (any color - including but not shown - Metalics, Glitter flakes, Neon florescent and glow in the dark colors.) most importantly I can use this downloadable pep file as the base to make the the suit in three different ways, which gives you all choices for construction of your personal undersuit. * glueing pep together does differ from traditional methods*.
UNFOLDERS get Ready.

@Pappa Midnight - your welcome. Retopologizing that file required two weeks of work around my daily life. I also understand and sympathize with your GF concerns. I have had my cancer in remission off and on for years. Currently still in remission, Hodgkin's. I hope everything goes well and if you still need anything on this let me know. I still have much on this I'm finishing.

And before anybody says anything, I did not include the gloves because I felt it would just be easier for everyone to create their own. Things I'm doing now are for ease of customization fitting and making it cover the body and yet still be flexible and manueverable for real-life.

This looks like the most amazing collaboration ive ever been in. keep up the amazing work pappa and warlok, and i am truely sorry for your struggles with cancer or someone you love having cancer, my grandmah had cancer last year and i dont truely understand how cancer works but shes alive today :)

Cancer is definitely something that takes its toll on all involved whether you are suffering it or watching/caring for someone going through it. It calls for a lot of life changes and choices and can strain even the strongest souls. Just the doctor visits alone are a bit trying for all and the uncertain future is worse. However, it also brings out the best in people potentially. So there is a bright side along with treatments being alot less medieval than they have been even ten years ago.

This has been an odd collaboration in that none of us really knew we were collaborating. Hehe, just goes to show what happens when a group of people get together for the greater good of a larger community. Cheers.

Absolutely beautiful! Well done on the re-toppo! I'm totally using this for my build :) Good luck to you as well my good sir!

thank you all for your concern. yeah this hasnt been easy. Working on this project has helped me by not allowing me to dwell on the things that i cant control. 4 days ago her cacner (PNeT) was pronounced to be "Terminal" and she was given only 2 months to live. Not going to go into the techs of the cancer other than to say It Blows Donkey nuts. I m working on the model to get it sectioned properly i want to do a super HD version but i dont know if that detailed of a pep/foam would work with which (if any ) of my methods. so that will be something for the future. one step at a time.
I feel like i did on haloo 4's release night. :)

I think the idea of high rez would work best for foam, pep seems like its out of the question with all the details. ^^

Dude my thoughts are with you. I know exactly what your going through and I know there are no words that can comfort you enough at this time but I know that we are all here for you if you need us.

Tom.

@AZTLAN - That looks great so far and thank you. I've been so busy with a side project that I have not been able to come back to this. Besides my unfolding skills leave a bit to be desired. Maybe when I'm done and get the physical frame scanned into computer, you might be interested in an unfold? I'm doing a physical exoskeleton using foamboard and will use it to pattern a steel frame that I will weld later.

I'm currently working on a exoskeletal type frame for a personal armor project. And for those out there in the forum who may not realize it, there is a vast difference between armor frames and exoskeletons.

To think that someone who is dealing with such a huge personal issue still thinks of the community when you have all the rights to be as selfish as you want, you truly are an inspirational person, I my self will be using this in the future and I'm sure alot of the other halo 4 builds will also, thank you so so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back