Halo 4 Fireteam Majestic Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also there is a bit at the...ok, this'll be hard to explain. The vent type thing, in the middle, at the top that is shaped something like _/-----\_
the way it is, seems like it protrudes more so in your model than in the reference. might just be me. But in the reference it seems to run more
...smoothly...?

Thanks for pointing that out. After the post earlier, i went back and overlayed the two together and actually found that stuck out like a sore thumb. Let me know if you guys see anything else.

Sorry for the double post.

This is an update of what I've gotten done tonight. The constant feedback is really motivating me, and pushing me to get further along than I had hoped! Thanks again guys!

Now I know, there is alot that is missing from this and a few things that need to be tweeked. I'll get to that in the morning.

wip3_zpsd000cfd0.jpg

But by all means, let me know what you think and what you see that could be corrected.

the ring on the back and in the middle is a tad bigger than in the picture, and barely above the ring there is a little tube, but its the back so its not really a big deal :) keep us updated

oh and the ring seems to look a bit more rounded and smooth in the reference pic.

How long have you been 3d modeling for?

I wanna make things like this, but I keep starting...then spending an hour learning how to do one tiny thing :/

Your a BEAST my man! Quick question tho. Will you be making a low deff version of this helmet? Because all of that magnificent detail is going to be extremely hard to pep, and might be better added with foamies and bondo. Just a thought!

Fantastic work!

you will be a true icon if you finish this file on the helmet. you'd also be a good help on " Team Impact"'s recon build... have you seen it? no? It's amazing so far!

Nightly Update!

I've finally got the back section mocked up, now to put the final touches on it. Already started loading the Soldier helmet in the pipeline.

wip4_zps95c1799b.jpg

Idk why people are critiquing your work down to the smallest detail. The fact is, this is a &%#$ to model, and Dystorted has done a fantastic job!

I WANT;)

Idk why people are critiquing your work down to the smallest detail. The fact is, this is a &%#$ to model, and Dystorted has done a fantastic job!

It depends on how much of a perfectionist he is and whether he's open to critiques.
It never hurts to have a second set of eyes look over your art; an artist usually gets a sort of "tunnel vison" when working on something for a long time, and can often overlook errors. (speaking from experience)

That being said, the Recon helmet does look fantastic so far! I'm excited to see the rest of the team!

Thanks Brad! There is a way to say things, and a way to come across as a Dick. Don't know if people are really that picky about something that isn't even theres, but if so, HATERS GONNA HATE.

Thank you for the kind words everyone! I took some time off from working on anything at all due to my moving to the Dallas/Fort Worth area next month. There are alot of things that have to get wrapped up. But anyway....

UPDATE TIME!!

I've gone in and started Adjusting the model, tweaking and adding some things to get it ready for printing.

wip5_zps35315ea7.jpg

wip6_zps8ce17948.jpg

You may not see anything else on this for a month or so, but you should be shocked the next time you see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back