Halo 4 foam master chief (first build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update time!!!
Im loving this build. Your foam work is super clean, cant wait to see more.
Thanks ShockWave! Your foam work is amazing too, and I'm kinda jealous yours is already finished. :)
So I finish the cod piece as well as the armor for my sitin' muscle. :) and I just finished my gloves tonight. The only foam work left is the chest piece and I know how much some of you have been looking forward to that. I can't believe all I need left is the under suit ( and to paint it all of course)!
image_zps969b64ed.jpg
image_zps385720e1.jpg
image_zps4e22cc88.jpg
image_zps43a68c1a.jpg
image_zps679e14df.jpg

Awesome build so far. This thread along with a few others is making me want to try a few pieces in foam to see how well they turn out. Great work!

Update time... Finally! I finished the chest piece after I was able to collect all the supplies I needed. It also took me a while of shaping and reshaping the parts till they look at least decent enough. I started on the detail tonight and should be done tomorrow and I'll put some more pics up then. I also decided to built the thruster packs separate so don't be alarmed, I didn't forget them. :)

image_zpse660c19a.jpg

image_zps626f747a.jpg

image_zps19fba1f2.jpg

image_zpsb0c5bf91.jpg

image_zpsc43d2bf8.jpg

Update...as promised. I finished the detail for the chest piece today. My glue gun decided to explode on me but not till right after I finished. :)

image_zps6be6547c.jpg

image_zpsf763cc8e.jpg

image_zpsbaaf78da.jpg

image_zpseb1418aa.jpg

Now I do need some feedback from everyone, I not sure weather or not I should give the right side of the chest piece that big gouge in it that master chief has or leave it fixed. I've already figured on how to reinforce it if I do but I would like your opinion on wether or not I should.

Great build, man. Your foam work makes me want to go work on my suit. Did you make those little bumps out of hot glue?

-Ryan

UPDATE!
Coming along great dude! I like how you obscured the buckle, makes for a very clean look.

Lookin good! I like how much detail you added with the crafting foam.

nsQC1lz.jpg

Looking fantastic!! Can't wait to see it detailed!! MOAR

HOLY MOTHER OF HALO! Dat chest piece is O.Z.Z.I.M. im toooootally subbing to this!!! I NEEDZ MOAR!!!

two thumbs up nice and clean foam work and vary detailed great job

Thank you for all the compliments, makes me feel so special :)
Great build, man. Your foam work makes me want to go work on my suit. Did you make those little bumps out of hot glue?
-Ryan
I actually made those bumps out of "google eyes". I simply cut the back with my x-acto and pulled the dots out so I wouldn't sound like a rattle. I've used about 80 throughout the costume already.*

You are haulin man! Makes me ashamed of my lack of progress. :(

Looking amazing too!

Are you kidding! You I feel ashamed mine didn't turn out as awesome as yours!

I like the sound of it I don't think many people included that detail. Either way sweet armor!

I went ahead and added it, it seemed so clean without it.

So I was able to add the damage to master chiefs chest piece using a wood burning tool. It's the first time I ever referenced a scratch to match up with a reference, usually I just put them where they fit :)

image_zps3125edee.jpg

image_zpse74ebf9f.jpg

image_zps7f9e734c.jpg

Looks amazing, I never went for foam because I know I could never do this kind of detail. Bit of a worry, that you can clearly see the glue in the crease, will you be covering that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back